Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What!!? another 27 on 32 chassis!??. Scratch build body.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mindover, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Good point

2. mika112

mika112

good good good !!!
    it is really quality work .
    I will follow the post

3. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Hi Mika, thank you, lots more to do yet! I looked at your website but I don't speak French. (shame)

David

4. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Hey David,
    The DVD arrived today. :) It only took one week and one day! Fast.
    I'll spend the evening watching it. :)

How go the projects?
    Cheers,
    Joe

5. Joe, don't do it! The War Department ordered David's DVD for me for Father's Day. It arrived yesterday and I watched a couple hours worth before bed last night. I couldn't sleep thinking of all the projects waiting in the wings that will benefit from David's instruction. As already noted, this is well worth the $$ and time! Just don't OD the first night!

6. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

hahahahah
    Thanks for the warning!
    I did manage to spread the first viewing over one evening and a morning.

I think this one will show me more and more as I watch it over and over, even though I have been smashing metal since the 70s.

My first questions to David will be about the tools.
    I'd love to see something about the hammers, slappers (flippers) and such.
    Would you start another thread about them? Please?
    You are so accustomed to the tools you have you may not realize some of us haven't had a good look at the different types.

Man.. you sure don't mind beating on that metal!
    And gas welding such a long joint in one pass with such a small amount of distortion.... talent and practice!!!
    Thanks....
    Joe

7. Mark Fox

Mark Fox

Hi, Joe. Go to www.allmetalshaping.com . There is a wealth of information, on hand tools.
    Just look up basic tools,and away you go.
    Cheers
    Mark

8. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Thanks.. I keep forgetting about that site. DAH me!

9. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Hello guys. sorry I have not looked on here for a while. Thanks for all the nice comments about the DVD!. It took more money than I had and five years of 'spare' time to make with loads of problems along the way but I got there in the end. Its nice to know that people like it so much.

I have done a little more to the T and I will post some photos soon. Its my daughters prom tomorrow so I missed my deadline by a mile. Oh well I will keep plugging away.

David

10. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

That's too bad about the prom, David.
    But surely you have enough interesting cars for her in all the ones you have built.

"Deadline" sounds too final of a word anyway. ;)
    Joe

11. David, you can shoot for her college graduation! That will be upon you faster than you can imagine. And there will be other milestone celebrations.
    Don't kick yourself. It happens to all of us.
    Just enjoy the time you can spend with your kids.
    Thanks for sharing with us along the way. I, for one, read each of your posts with interest!

~Alden

12. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Alden my other daugher graduates from university next year I want to get it on the road for summer next year. I think that is a much more realistic deadline.

David

13. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Here is my Tia (15) on her prom yesterday standing next to the '32 hiboy that she rode in to the prom.Thanks Glen for doing this for me.

[​IMG]

David

14. Lovely young lady. Most likely the only girl to arrive at the prom in a hot rod. A deuce trumps a limo every time!

15. Blimey Dave, where's the time gone, Tia's a proper young Lady now, she looks beautiful. Fortunately she doesn't take after you in the Hair department

16. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Yes she was the only person to go in a hotrod, my oldest went in a Limo but Tia wanted to go in a Hotrod, she loved it. She worked hard and has good exam results so she deserved a nice day.

You should see Charnelle, she is all grown up now and at university. Your girls must be getting big as well.

David

17. That is very cool of your friend, Glen to provide his car for the occasion!
    Your daughter looks very happy!
    It seems like the years go by so fast. The kids grow up fast. Glad to hear that your girls are good students!
    What are you working on, on the car now?

~Alden

18. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Hi Alden, Yes Glens a good friend, he was my best man too. I am stuck doing customer work at the moment. Its going to be a couple of weeks or so before I can get much done on the '27 but the doors will be next.

Tia wants to go to universiy like her sister but she has a couple of years at college to do first.

David

19. Your girls must be getting big as well.

They sure are, Ava is 8 now & Lana is 6 & proper little girls they are too.

20. Dyce

Dyce

Nice David!! I went to prom in my Dad's 29 model a pickup:) I'll never forget it....

21. David, I had to look up some British definitions after the last few posts. In the U.S. we refer to grades 9-12 as "high school". Post secondary schools we generally refer to as "college", whether it is a college or university. Anything after a four year degree is generally referred to as "grad school".
    It is interesting how English has developed differently around the world.
    So did Tia just compete 10th grade? And is "college" 11th and 12th grades?

Thanks
    Alden

22. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Hi Alden, ha! Yes you worked it out. Here she has finished school and could go to work, tech college or sixth form college. Sixth year of senior school.

David

23. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

I got it wrong Alden Tia just finished year 11, has to do two years at sixth form college then onto university. Tia is one off the youngest in her year most are sixteen.

David

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  24. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Proms are a new thing here, copied from you guys Jeff. I think it's great though.

David

25. fleet-master

fleet-master

any progress Dave?

Paul

26. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Hi Paul, I have been on vacation with my wife and girls, two weeks in the sun!. We get very little sun here and this year the weather has been dismal so it was great to spend a couple of weeks in the spanish sun. I will post some more asap.

David

27. linkstar69

linkstar69

Great craftsmanship and information. I've done a very small amount of shaping (patch panels and basic shapes) and love learning more.

Thanks for posting.

28. Twinzer4

Twinzer4

Do you have any pics of that racer body in the background.

29. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

I do but its a customers car, just part of my day to day work, not part of this build.

David

30. Mindover

Mindover
    from England