Register now to get rid of these ads!

jimmy smith art work come to life 28 model a 2 door tub

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupedeville, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

[/QUOTE]

You'll dig it! There's a number of high passes up there, but one that I went up is Engineers Pass...12,000 ft. Way, way the hell up there....well above the timber line. The road going in and out of (south of Ouray) is the "Million Dollar Highway", beautiful with no guardrails and lots of twisty-turnys. Go slow, you'll be alright. A million bucks MIGHT get you a half a mile of interstate these days?! haha Oh, check out Box Canyon Falls too, awesome.

2. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

well i will see you hamber's at the louisville nationals or on the salt at speedweek. i hope everything goes good as i have 180 miles on the little tub now and everything seems good . weel except my front tires so i MUST run the radials. those little 350 x18 motorcycle firestone tires are just so out of round and i dont think they can be shaved. if you see us on the road say high ! i will travining with my dad (32 5window coupe),his step son, and mr "in the weeds" sneeds (32 vicky). my dads 32 5w coupe is a prototype chassis we are developing that is super low .
    [​IMG] 32 vicky!

Attached Files:

3. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

The 32 is awesome. I went to the shop and took some pics this morning. See you in Louisville!.

4. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Your Dad's 5W is perfect.

5. daddio211

daddio211

Ahem, don't leave us hanging on that new prototype chassis. Throw us a bone!

6. pakrat

pakrat

Can't wait for this weekend to go for a ride

7. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

that old deuce 5w coupe...... we just through it together ;). i will make a thread on it and the chassis after we get back. dad is very happy with the ride and i has not bottomed out ...... yet! it will some time. dad bought it two years ago at nsra louisville . the top was cut off the car once. mild 350/350 combo, prototype chassis p&j frontend with 5" axle and I narrowed up a 9" . great highway car.

8. Cornpanzer

Cornpanzer

Cars look great! Love the 5 window

9. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

Nailed it! I love how the front end looks with the large lights nice and low, and the ultra skinny rubber.

10. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

well we were having a great time driving out to bonneville then we headed to colorado to do some site seeing in ouray, milloin dollar hwy, and jeeping in telluride . we had a great time. then we were on the last two days of driving home and here i am typing this in a hotel computer. we were on i70 in kansas just east of junction city kansas and an old lady in her 80's stops in the slow lane and makes a left in front of us. kendeuce (32 vicky) dives in the median to miss her. i ditched the tub in the median and just missed her but my dad di not. it wipped out my dads 32 5 window coupe . ( check out the thread "32 5 window bites the dust) yes this was a sad ending to a great trip. the good thing was that knowone was seriously hurt. the thing that can be rebuilt will be rebuilt. it could have been worst. that lady didnt know what happened at all . that is what is so freaky. how many people are out there that are driving that shouldnt be?????????? i got to tell you i was having a hard time getting back in my tub to drive to the hospital to go see my dad after he got checked out.

we have to pack up whats left tomorrow and load it on a uhaul to get back to cincinnati . hope that trip is uneventful!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. metal man

metal man

Sorry dude. Glad your pop is O.K.

12. Never caught up to you but was standing next to you w/o knowing it. Nice car man, sorry to hear about your pops.

13. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Saw that thread.. Sucks it had to be your pop's deuce. Thank God everyone's all right though.

14. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

yep!!!! thank god everyone is ok. the rebuildables are rebuildable. i just wish i knew someone who was good at putting 32 coupes back together;)

15. daddio211

daddio211

Crazy! Glad your dad is okay!

16. harley man

harley man

Sorry to here that. Glad everyone is ok.

17. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

still sitting i the motel waiting for uhaul. man i hate kansas!!!!! im clicking my heels saying "theres no place like home .......theres no place like home"

jeem thx again for the insperation!!!!!! i never though that when i built this tub i would have taken it off the hwy at 75 mph on a baja adventure!!!!! lol

18. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Great attitude Drew....It'll buff!
    Don't think I want to see the 5W carnage.

Drive safe mang!

19. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

just got home! cold beer and a hot shower. pix soon. of bonneville not me!!!

20. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

Glad you cleared that up!

21. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Welcome home boys...

22. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great to meet you at Bonneville --- and very sorry to hear about the accident, but glad everyone is ok!

[​IMG]

23. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

lol....funny as hell....(Your comment, Not the wreck)........Glad your Dad is ok.

24. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Holy crap! How did I miss this whole thread?

25. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

here are a few pix from the salt and the trip. my camera broke just as i snapped a pic of the colorado state line sign. i dont have any pics of the beautiful mountains in ouray, telluride, gunnison etc. we did do an awsome jeep trip to imegene pass and saw a cool old gold mine.

Attached Files:

26. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

more

Attached Files:

27. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

my old 28 model a truck was there.

Attached Files:

28. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Great pics....You may not want to hear this...but I like the radials too! Man your Dad's 5W sure looked mean before it checked out.

29. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

All in all a great build, great trip, good friends, and despite the crash, a good time was had by all. LIFE IS GOOD