Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gene Winfield metal shaping class in South Florida.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THEKID49, Jul 16, 2012.

1. THEKID49

THEKID49

THIS CLASS HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO GENE'S BUSY SCHEDULE

Murphy's Custom Shop and the Salvagerz present a weekend with Gene Winfield. We will be hosting one of Gene's metal shaping classes on the weekend of August 25-26. He will be covering several topics including gas welding, panel shaping, English wheel, and numerous other items. Plus it's a weekend of learning from a legend.

Space is limited, so act fast. Cost for the weekend is $350, that is for both days and includes lunch. If you are interested let me know and I can fill you in any further details you may need. We already have a few people on the list, so don't dilly dally around if you want to join us.

Mike

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  2. If your thinking of going and you have the chance..... stop thinking and cut a check. It's one hell of a great weekend.

3. THEKID49

THEKID49

Bump up for the morning crowd.

4. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

5. THEKID49

THEKID49

Good deal Nads. I'll call you.

I forgot to mention it's in West Palm Beach. It might help If I had put the location of the class.

6. 59 brook

59 brook

are these classes for diy-ers or professionals?

7. THEKID49

THEKID49

Both. They are for everybody. Gene will be teaching a bunch of his little tricks. And the way I understand it, the class will be hands on.

8. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

I would kill to go to that, to bad it's not too convenient for me. I was able to do the step 1 and step 2 with Lazze and this would be another once in a lifetime chances. Man, the stuff you could pick up from Gene I can only imagine. Price is great too!!

9. swissmike

swissmike

Crap I'm out of town for work!

10. THEKID49

THEKID49

Sounds like you might need to call in sick!

11. swissmike

swissmike

Well, it's Vegas, baby....

12. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Gene is holding a class here right now. We did the first part today, will finish up tomorrow. Trust me its well worth the money. You will get years of knowledge in just two days. Very detailed lectures, and plenty of hands on lessons. Gene Winfield is a great guy, no ego what so ever...

13. THEKID49

THEKID49

Still spots left. Don't wait to long to save your spot.

14. THEKID49

THEKID49

Just spent the weekend with Gene in Salina. He is excited about doing the class. He went over some of the things he is going to teach, it should be a great class. So sign up now before it fills up.

15. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not to sound like a Gene fan-boy, but these classes are worth >10x what you pay for them. Pro or amateur, they are for all. Hell, when I took the classes, Lazze WAS IN THE CLASS! Gene works well with folks of all levels, and takes the time to patiently answer questions, no matter what they are, without judgement. Zero ego. Gene is the real deal, and I know of no other like him. Prepare to be alert. He might be 85, but he'll work circles around any of you, both days, all day.

16. Are there still seats open? You can pm me if there are, I think I'd like to jump in.

Sent from my fax machine

17. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Do they ever have classes in the northeast?

18. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Upstate NY, this weekend, I believe. Gene will travel to wherever there is demand. Call his shop and look into it.

Gene Winfield Rod & Custom
    8201 Sierra Highway
    Mojave CA 93501
    (661)824-4728

19. THEKID49

THEKID49

MAJOR change of plans guys. Gene had to push the date back. Instead of the end of August it will now be the first weekend in December. I will get in touch with everybody that has shown interest. Sorry for any inconvenience.

20. Philbilly

Philbilly

I had a conversation with him on congress in Austin about his classes. He told me its all hands on and no one has to have any experience because he'll teach you. I wish I could go. It would definitely be a great experience!

21. THEKID49

THEKID49

Gene called today and now he can't make the December date. He said we will try again in the spring. Sorry for any problems this may have caused. I've been trying to get this going, and I will keep trying.

Sorry
    Mike