Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville 2012 Roll call!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Jun 2, 2012.

1. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

hehe yeaa my buddy coming this year is a first timer and has to have a room and toilet paper handy, sanatizer and lots of towels.... oh well i get to have a/c that way ....

2. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Yea mctim, once you learn where the fuel goes, it works!
    I tore out the ceiling in Chicks 1963 Santa Fe trailer, it is her living quarters until I show up with the motorhome, I should have it back together by next week,,, or I will die,, and sorry us working stiffs have to have the little comfort and showers at the KOA.

3. Tacho

Tacho

Lookin forward to it! McTim- count on me being at your pit again. BTW..Did the folding chair I left behind last year find a good home? LOL

4. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

I'm finally done with work, 13 weeks of 14 hour days. Today I delivered 2 machines and at least a 1/2 ton of tooling. The Bridgeport and lathe are more ready for a vacation than I am.
    Tomorrow I will start getting my stuff together and will leave on the 4th. I plan on getting in early on the 10th. JC

5. Once again. We will have the BBQ setup and raffle items displayed after about 4PM Friday the 10th. Dogs should be ready by 4:30 or so in case folks need to keep moving.

For the raffle, we will be selling tickets for $5 a piece. You NEED TO BE PRESENT TO WIN!!!!! OR leave your ticket with a pal that will be there. We will start the raffle as soon as the bulk of the folks get through the chow line. Looks like a couple dozen cool items so far, no idea what else may show up, the Aussies and Kiwis are bringing some schwag as well. Thanks again!

6. Don't keep puting it off Lance, get your but out there! :rolleyes:

7. Ha Ha! :rolleyes:

8. MrModelT

MrModelT

One week to go before the T's hit the highway headed for the salt.....and still plenty of things to do. My "to do" list still has things on it...and a few more have been added, like new fan hub bushings which chose to go south the other day.

So far though....we're on track to leave!

9. May the force be with you MrModelT!

10. MrModelT

MrModelT

Amen to that! ...I think I might need it! :D

11. My 600 mile "shake down" went well, other then a quick steering box swap (done tomorrow with luck), I should be good to go. See you all Saturday!!!

[​IMG]

12. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

Am I correct in thinking that a AA/BFS = AA/Blown Fuel Streamliner?

13. firingorder1

firingorder1

Yup. A big bad bugger.

14. Woo hoo! 29 hrs til Im on the plane!!!

15. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

dis ain't no "reliability run" with stops for coffee and donuts

16. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

I figured the BF (blown fuel) had to translate over from dragracing. It will be interesting to talk to some of the fuel guys and hear how they run them to make them live to run more than a few seconds. Must be a whole lot less volume. Hell, sometimes we where lucky to get a few seconds out of them. JC

P.S. hey Mazoomba1, you are bringing that big girl with you that you showed us a few posts back correct?

17. Go watch the #911 roadster. 300mph, they can't carry enough fuel to run the entire long course!

18. t5stang91

t5stang91

note to self , make sure to watch this car

19. 57 3100

57 3100

20. 57 3100

57 3100

21. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

22. Doug (Mazooma1) has a sequence of shots of the #911 car at Elmo, looks pretty cool.

23. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

TJ out of philly has the record in fuel , he runs a dry block and enough fuel to run 3 miles as it starts heating up by then....talked to him this summer about it, he builds all my rear end chunks for my hot rod business. great guy ..

24. gas pumper

gas pumper

I heard the 911 isn't running the big blown fuel engine this year. But it will still be an interesting car to watch.

Along with the battle in E/STR. The 1986 Dripps Roadster and the Mariani Farms Roadster going head to head on the long course on a 204 record. 260 CI class.

25. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WT7gkj44hSQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

26. kaui

kaui
    from SJC calif

Doug, I love that picture of the Brew 102 car.

27. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Hmmm...now if I just knew which event at ElMo...well the search is on....

28. GARY?

GARY?

Go get 'em Chris!!! Roadster is bitchin'.