Register now to get rid of these ads!

help with purchasing rustoleum spray paint!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the shadow, Jul 30, 2012.

1. the shadow

the shadow

Last year I bought and used some rustoleum auto touch up paint ATU 6029 (#24 GM) Ultra marine blue. the paint matched my project paint exactly with no issues. Well I needed more so I went t autozone to get more and the do not carry the rustoleum auto touch up paints anmore (just standard colors of spray paint). I emailed rustoleum and they said the still make the paint and I should be able to purchase it through autozone or walmart as the are there biggest carriers of that line & if not any rustoleum dealer can special order the paint for me. Well autozone tells me they cannot special order it for me and they wouldn't even know how to do it? i went to 2 walmarts (one regular & one super store) and neoither had any of the rustoleum auto touch up line and the too told me the do not special order? I tried looking on-line for spray paint and only found general paint colors not the specialty auto touch up & the closest color that duplicolor makes isn't correct?
    So my question is are there an Hamb'rs that have stores near them that could pick up 3 cans for me and ship them to me after I send pament to them, or maybe a hambr's works in a store that is a rustoleum dealer and can special order it for me & then forward it to me after I send payment?
    I am stuck till I get some & I need it in a spary can, I don't want to go to an auto paint shop to match it & have to buy a pt or a qt I just need a few cans.
    If you can help ,me out please PM me and let me know!!!!!

thanks,
    Paul

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      115.4 KB
      Views:
  2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Man....The two worst retailers in the country!! If you have an Advanced Auto Parts nearby, try them.

3. jimbousman

jimbousman

4. jimbousman

jimbousman

5. the shadow

the shadow

Thanks, I will have to check on that with some of the other hardware stores near me but reading some of the major ones listed it says case quantities only? I am holding out for just 2-3 cans. you found & gave me more info then an of the stores and more then 3 rustoleum customer service techs!!!!

paul

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ace hardware stores sell Rustoleum as well. Usually they are independantly owned and are pretty easy to deal with.

7. 61 Cub Cadet

61 Cub Cadet

I worked at a paint store for a few years and from my experience cans of product like this will come 6 or 12 to a case. Chances are those two stores CAN special order it... but with a corporate ran retail store it's a real pain in the ass to get approval from higher ups. They will be a lot more interested in special ordering it if you buy the whole case so they don't get stuck with the stuff. We would often special order stuff for people and they'd take one unit and we'd be stuck with 11 other cans for years with it wearing down on our inventory.

8. jimbousman

jimbousman

From the web site it looks like Home Depot and Lowes will fill smaller orders.

9. the shadow

the shadow

thanks for the help guys, I got an email from corperate after repeated emails expressing my disgust with thier vendors "lack of help" etc. the have decided to send me a case of 6 cans for free to help me out & as a sign of good will. they stated that the had hoped that their vendors would have been more helpfull or better trained to assist me or anyone else that needs a paint the do not have on the shelf?
    Paul

10. that s freaking awesome . there's so many business now a days that will just tell you your screwed . i'm glad to see someone still stands behind there name

11. Deuces

Deuces

Way to go Rustoleum!!!!... ;)

12. RatPin

RatPin

Yes, my dark olive satin Rusto was pulled from all retailers shortly after I decided to paint my project with it. Luckily Amazon still sells it although it is about $1 more per can than Home Depot sold it for, but at least I can still get it. Not as good of deal as you got though.

13. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

what a fine story. Thanks for sharing it and demonstrating that the "big boys" still give a rip about the end user.

14. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Well, I will definitely buy and recommend Rustoleum. That was real upstanding move on their part. Hurray!

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Sweet! Now get that car done!

16. F&J

F&J

X2

Geez, old time traditional company, with traditional values, and class. :)

17. RatPin

RatPin

Good on Rustoleum!