Register now to get rid of these ads!

This just makes me sick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fat_46, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Fat_46

Fat_46

2. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Idiots...
    Eventually there will be nothing left, just like up my way. THEN they will realize how stupid they were.

3. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

At least he put some cool pipes on it for it's last ride.

4. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

that is total nonsense...that edsel grille looks pretty decent as does the bumper. but just take a good gander at the folks in the pic. i think some cousins are sleepin with cousins to produce that in my opinion.

5. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

Its actually the town that Tuck lives in...seems real silly.

6. CruZer

CruZer

Yup, there's an ASS for every seat !! :)

7. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Thats why we Hambers gotta be more vigilant in looking for future projects and parts so fags like that dork who defiled that Edsel can't fuck up anymiore vintage iron.

8. aedan

aedan
    from ###

9. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I know that kid... and yeah it pissed me off... but if it makes you feel any better the orignal motor, trans etc and the parts he took off went to a restorer.

That kid stops by the shop all the time asking about kandy paint and airbrushing.

I think that for this area we have one of the bigest demo's in the state right here in PC- There are guys that travel all over the country and spend up to Five GRAND to buy mint imperials to DEMO all for Bragging rights...

Its totally fucked...
    dont get me started...
    Tuck

10. JasonK

JasonK

I bet they drive new Imports as their daily drivers.....

11. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

I wonder if we started doing that with lowered Hondas and SUV's if people would notice?

12. TIKIFREAK13

TIKIFREAK13
    from Duluth MN

these fuking kokers need to have there heads kicked in any HAMBers close to this like me want to meet up to kick some ass?

13. Hardway

Hardway

it just doesn't surprise me these days. Especially in this state. How stupid.

14. Jack "goose' Marinelli

Jack "goose' Marinelli

This is absolutly fuckin sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Mojo

Mojo

To quote Scott Wimmer, the derby's chief organizer in the article: ""It's going to be great ... just to watch those guys when the nice grilles they can't find anywhere get all busted up out there," he said, chuckling."

Nice attitude, fucking shitbird. That asshole needs to feel the floor. Weak minds destroy things of value, instead of create things of value.

16. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Urge to KILL........RISING!

17. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

I thought I heard it all, that is the single most fucked up thing to do with an old car. I've crashed a bunch of cool shit, but it was NOT intentional. Those fagots need to DIE!! I got an idea, just go steal their cars, kick the shit out of them and tie them to the bumpers of the cars and drag them though town. I'm glad I don't know any of those people.

18. 50coupe

50coupe
    from Pittsburgh

That has got to be the most moronic thing I have ever heard of! You got to be a real piece of shit to do something like that. I'll be doin some project searching this weekend, I'm going up into farmland. It's where we used to go when I was younger. I remember seeing a bunch of old stuff back then , but it's been a while!!!

19. Don't know what to do with this information myself, so I posted it here:
    Chief Derby Organizer, Scott Wimmer (320) 629-7222

OT, Don't some cell phone plans on the West coast have free long distance after a certain time of night.:confused:

20. Steve

Steve

Thats just fucking wrong. I see some decent parts on that edsel. Something needs to be done to stop this crap.

21. ray

ray
    from colorado

jayzus keerist what a buncha fuckin whiners!

the people doing this are fucking car guys giving us a taste of what it was like "back then" when huge american land yachts ruled the demo derbys(and still do). that rusty 4 door edsel probably sat in that field for 3 decades rotting before these guys picked it up for a c-note, where the fuck were YOU to "save" it? i come from minnesota, and im personally responsible for crushing a couple of dozen 50's and 60's cars, NONE of them would be worth saving, that's NONE! they were stripped of what few useful parts they had and crushed, in MN when cars sit in fields, ther rust into nothing, the frame and everything attached becomes one giant lump of iron oxide. i've also had a hand is saving "rare" yet undesireable cars that you can't GIVE AWAY!

and yes, i've been the one attempting to save the severely rusted cars like that too, a 32 ford, sure it's worth it, a 4 door edsel, a 4 door 53 chevy? fugeddaboudit! if they're so precious to you, YOU buy them up and fill a quonset hut with rusty 4 foor edsels, have a nice retirement!:rolleyes: you can save every 4 door edsel in the world, they ain't gonna turn into deuce 3 windows.

there will always be desireable old cars, and "parts cars" the handful of parts cars being smashed up tonight is nothing compared to the hundreds of thousands of solid examples of desireable body styles wrecked, raced, demoed, crushed, fucked up by hot rodders etc. over the years. yes, i agree the supply has dried up, but its because of the reasons i just mentioned, not 18 cars that were headed to the crusher anyway being used for some entertainment.

22. I'm with you on this one Ray. They bought it, they can wreck it.

As for the organizers attitude, Karma is a big nasty bitch.

23. junk-junkie

junk-junkie
    from Arvada CO

Did you actually say "defile an Edsel?" How do you defile a car that has a toilet seat for a grille?

I suppose this is dumb, but I bet more cars get ruined by hack restorers or rodders... or just the weirdo who lets stuff rot in the woods. This doesn't seem worth getting pissed about. I for one won't be mourning the loss of a 4dr Edsel or a Checker.

I haven't been to a demo derby in ages... but I'd love to see a minivan only or SUV only event.

24. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

wow I don't know really what to think about this .....2 of my favorite subjects come together that mix like oil and water.......vintage iron and demolishion derby.....but yea i agree if they wanted to buy it and waste thier money thats on them....personally i'd say fuck it and drive the edsel on the street how it is haha .....looks pretty tough .......the kids probably into ricers though and dont give a shit .......

25. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

hahahahaa,,that was funny!:D

26. ray

ray
    from colorado

i bet that checker kicks some ass!

it doesn't take much to make some old chrome parts look good on a computer monitor, a crack or two, a few busted mouting brackets and that "nice" looking edsel grill is junk to actually use, and isn't worht fixing.

27. 327mouse

327mouse
    from california

that is the sickest thing i have ever see. why would someone do that.

28. guiseart

guiseart

Holy crap!

Scott Wimmer, the derby's chief organizer, didn't feel his pain.

"It's going to be great ... just to watch those guys when the nice grilles they can't find anywhere get all busted up out there," he said, chuckling.

How about a Muscle-Car Demo? Bet you'd have high-dollar collectors coming out of the woodwork to stop that one!

29. curtiswyant

curtiswyant

That's pretty fucked up IMO. I figure if they're driving the cars in the demo derby then they're good enough to be saved. Shit, donate it to a HS tech class and let some kids learn on it. This is worse than sending cars to the crusher...

30. This... right here... this is why they do it...

Shock factor... Raise a stir... Stampede the cattle... Bees under bonnets and burrs under saddles...
    Just plain go and piss people off... just for the fuck of it.

It worked, too...

I'm having alot of negative issues with people in Minnesota demonstrating this sort of behavior, today.
    I just hope nobody gets hurt, this time.
    That's a JOKE... but, I don't have to tell you that. ;)

JOE:cool: