Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ABSAROKA STATE TAKEOVER 2012 Sheridan, Wyoming

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stutz, Feb 2, 2012.

1. 70kid

70kid
    from Denver

trying to make it from greely CO!

2. I'm really getting everything ramped up... the phone calls about why one can't enter an 88 camaro have already started, so I know its getting closer.

3. zrdtech

zrdtech
    from Montana

I REALLY wanna see a late model Indy pace car 'Vette!!! And that '88 Camaro you mentioned! You're seriously not gonna let them in??? So discriminatory....

I'll see what happens that weekend. If I'm not at the drags, I'll be there. With some books.

4. Awesome, Still looking thru your work. Loving it man. Very well done!

5. Well, it IS Wyoming!?:D Hey, we got the same shit over here, just less sheep, unless you are from Newell.........................................:eek:

6. One week to go gang until scantly clad gals prance around hot rods....

Forecast as of today is sun shine! Thank you Lord

and the New Absaroka 2012 shirts are here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You get one with each registration... not to mention a chance to win cool prizes, maybe be a trophy plaque, and see scantly clad members of the fairer sex. IF you don't come, you are a loser, and should be hanged.
    kidding of course (about the hanging part)

Now all I need is for you guys to show the hell up!

If your going to the HAMB drags instead... I understand

7. derbyking

derbyking
    from montana

my junks not really traditional but is it alright to bring down?

Attached Files:

• best.jpg
      best.jpg
      File size:
      49.2 KB
      Views:
  8. I'll allow it!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

9. Well gang, the girls are signed up, the wares are ready, registrations are pouring in, the weather will be a wonderful 85 degrees. A ton of last minute things to do, but this will be the best AST yet. (I hope) so if you in the area I say don't miss this our you'll regret it!

I even drug my project down to the grounds to show off.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

10. Lets see.... trailer/tools/spare/jack (Daniels), see you tomorrow afternoon stutz

11. We are heading out in the AM....hope everyone has a safe trip!

12. Stephen67

Stephen67

How am I just now finding out about this?! Must be this rock I'm living under. Hopefully I can get my '56 in it! Glad you're doing it in Big Horn, don't think I could have made it to Buffalo, lol

13. Not even all the way to big horn... just to the Big Horn Y

14. derbyking

derbyking
    from montana

ill be there saturday.

15. maximumslinky

maximumslinky
    from wyoming

Hope everyone is havin a great time. Wish I could have made it. The studebaker wasn't quite ready to make the trip. Plus my wife kindly reminded me it is our anniversary. Looking forward to the pictures

16. derbyking

derbyking
    from montana

i didnt make it either.went to load up this morning and had trailer issues.:mad: spent the rest of the day buying a new 24ft enclosed.problem solved

17. Stephen67

Stephen67

Man that thing was a blast! Nothing like getting together a bunch of people who like to build cars and not buy them finished.

[​IMG]

Here's Scott's '52 and my '56 a little bit back:
    [​IMG]

Bunch of my photos here:
    http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p105/Stephen1967/Absaroka/?start=all

Here's a link to 307's photos on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.509683505712329.133588.148671495146867&type=1

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's photos :) Was truly a great time, the way a car show should be, just a good time with good spirits, good cars and great people. No one complaining, no one telling you what you need to do on your project, just good old fashion iron fun.

18. maximumslinky

maximumslinky
    from wyoming

Great pictures. Looks like one hell of a turnout. Im glad someone in the state is willing to go through the trouble to put on such a good show.

19. those cougar tailights dont look too bad in that squarebird.....hmmmmmmm

20. Great time, as always. Stutz and the 307 club members work their asses to pull this all together. Every year just keeps getting better. A few of my pics, I didn't get as many last year. Thanks guys, see you next year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The 307 clothing tent and Adriennes merc getting some stripes

One of my favs
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stutz worked hard on getting this bird brought out of hibernation, outstanding

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The all important "judges stroll"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  21. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

I'm going again next year, even if I have to use one of my vacation days to do it. The boss knows I wasn't too happy about missing this year.

22. Thank you to everyone for coming and enjoying the show! We had a blast putting it together and I love seeing everyone out enjoying their cars the way they should. I'll try and get some more photos up soon.

23. Wow what a roadtrip!!!!!!!!!! 1100+ miles in an old truck.......
    We survived crazy drivers, road construction, head winds and NO stereo....but man was it worth it!!!!!
    Stutz puts on a great little show that is destined to get bigger and better every year.
    I want to thank all of those involved with putting this event on. We will be back.
    Some really great cars and truly nice folks. I will put up some pics later......

24. Here's some of my pics....

Attached Files:

25. Few More.........

Attached Files:

26. I'm still recovering from it, but I wish I would have had more time to chat with everyone. I do want to say how nice the feedback has been. For PO-dunk Wyoming, I feel pretty honored. One of the coolest things that happened and I barely noticed it, until late in the day (mainly because he showed up late) was that the infamous Conquistadors coupe sharing space with my project. I can't express how much I love that car and its history... this is too cool
    [​IMG]

Thanks again to everyone!

27. zrdtech

zrdtech
    from Montana

Looks like a great day there. I had a ball at the HAMB Drags, sold quite a few books too. Wish I could have been both places. Sorry I didn't catch ya before I took off. Got tied up at work. Anyway, nice job on the show. I'll look forward to next year.

28. T-rev

T-rev

It was a Blast!
    We had such a good turnout and the shows only gona continue to get better