Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from a tractor nerd in PA!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 61 Cub Cadet, Jul 29, 2012.

1. 61 Cub Cadet

61 Cub Cadet

Hello, hello! I'll try to be short here! I've always been obsessed with hot rods, jalopies, muscle cars, ect. The real goal for me has always been to get a 32 ford truck and make it my own. Take off some of the tins, maybe find a flatty v8 if I could, ect. Well... I am broke... so instead... I "hot rod" tractors. Chop em' up, gear em' out, toss huge engines on them, get hurt, you know... things normal people do! The reason why I figured I'd join here is I am getting myself into a pretty big project with a 1961 cub cadet and a big aircooled v4. I got a 107.7 cubic inch wisconsin aircooled flathead v4 engine that I am tossing into a custom frame that I plan to build to mimic an old ford frame. I am putting the works into it, nothing but pure hot rod luxury like: suspension front and rear, a seat, maybe brakes at some point! I forgot to take some pictures, will grab some tomorrow! Until then, have a picture of the tractor from when I got it 4 years ago!

(well hell, I lied... that wasn't short at all)

Attached Files:

2. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

long winded,nuts and likes old stuff. welcome from mo. you will fit right in around here.

3. Welcome to the H.A.M.B

4. sic-nic

sic-nic

5. raymay

raymay

Welcome from New York.

6. 61 Cub Cadet

61 Cub Cadet

Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody! As promised, here are some pics of the tractor and engine. This is just a rough as hell mock up, almost nothing like what I plan on setting it up as... but it'll at least give yinz an idea. This motor is freaking huge! I have the factory gear reduction out of the transmission so it spins clockwise and should pull ~50mph in 3rd. I plan on throwing an orange triangle on the back and driving it to local car shows :D

Attached Files:

7. power wagon

power wagon

hey welcome from maine ,i love old tractors myself,i have a 55 oliver crawler

8. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

Welcome from Tennessee .

9. 61 Cub Cadet

61 Cub Cadet

I looooove olivers! The fact that it's a crawler is icing on the cake!

10. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota