Register now to get rid of these ads!

Traditional Rod & Kulture Magazine - CLASSLESS!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FeatherWeight, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FeatherWeight

FeatherWeight

I bought an issue once, but I'm not a regular reader and won't be for sure now. I saw this on the TJJ twitter feed:

[​IMG]

Ryan, delete this if you must. I just wanted to state an opinion:

CLASSLESS!

2. chevdanbarnett

chevdanbarnett
    from San Antone

That's disappointing, but put it in perspective. Take a look at the history of the H.A.M.B. and the content within. Now, look at your copy of The Jalopy Journal in print. Once you have done that, go look at the latest issue of TR&K.

Some people understand the details. Some people never will. Ryan does and that seems to go for everything he does. Just as a small example. I'd be willing to bet that you would never see Ryan use a sans serif font for body copy on any print publication. Design guys know what I am getting at here.

At best, traditional rod and kulture is a low rent zine desperately look up to anything The Jalopy Journal/HAMB does.

3. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Shouldn't that have been "Klassless"?

4. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

There are a few other boards who's membership really look down on the HAMB. More often then not it has to do with the, "HAMB Nazis" that these people feel are A holes to other folks. Just saying.

5. nashvegas99

nashvegas99

i've heard the same thing gasser. I've talked to a couple of people and said, "have you ever checked out the HAMB?". i've gotten 2 answers that were in the responses of, "heard their buttheads", and "bunch of rich guys with trailer queens". Just a lack of participation on their behalfs and attacks on the behalfs of some on here. just saying.

6. FeatherWeight

FeatherWeight

Past that really bad photoshop episode that TRK was called out for on the HAMB, I've never read anything bad about the magazine here. They are even on the Alliance Vendor list.

I think the HAMB has a rough reputation among rat rodders, but I don't know that it is deserved. I've never seen a guy post a really nice traditional car and get blasted and I'm on here way too much.

7. Wow!

Talk about a slap in the face!

I didn't catch that, but then I'm behind on my reading.

So much for my subscription renewal.

8. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

they probabaly dont want to direct readers here because we see all the Car show coverage / cars debut in 'real time ' here on the HAMB,,wereas everything we see here first, doesnt show up in the magazines sometimes 3-4-6 months later..???

9. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

TRK have gone way down hill for a long time. To drive people away from the HAMB is a marketing ploy so you buy their mag and don't come here and get it for free, that's obvious.who cares what TRK put out anyway. I have had a few issues that make great toilet paper, with the HAMB it's harder to wipe your ass with a computer

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I must be missing something. what is this thread about?

11. nashvegas99

nashvegas99

"wipe your a%% with a computer"....that's pretty funny

12. Is this in reference to "we don't usually point people to the HAMB"? What's the problem? They don't endorse the HAMB, but they don't have a problem mentioning it, so I don't see a problem.

Sounds like a pretty glowing article for KiwiKev, why drag it through the mud?

13. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

I don't follow. What is classless about this? The way I see it, they are paying a big compliment to KiwiKev, right? He has an amazing collection and built a great car ... right?

14. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I thought that they were an 'Alliance vendor'......Is that like not putting the seat up after you release yourself?

Oops.......more research........they are on the "way back" machine.

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

"Journalism" is a low trade and a habit worse than any drug - a strange seedy world of misfits and failures. I'm both and as such, I've never given much of a shit about anyone else's point of view on the matter.

So, I got that going for me.

How about we get back to hot rods and customs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.