Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who would you like to have a beer with ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don's Hot Rods, May 11, 2012.

1. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

A younger me...
    I'd tell me to stay in college and finish up that degree. Or if I was hell-bent upon dropping out and joining the military, plan on staying in for the full 20, and THEN going back for a degree. I'd tell me NOT to marry that first southern belle with the southern drawl, and that rather than pissing my money away on cars, bikes, partying, Petron and cold beer... and to buy land instead. They're not making anymore. I'd tell me at a younger age that I had better wise up and stop being so damn trusting of people, because later on in life it would get him in trouble. A LOT of trouble. And I'd tell me that someday he was going to be a Daddy, and that until that very day, no matter what he thinks he's experienced as far as happiness, or a challenge, or no matter how much responsibility he thinks he has, January 23rd 2009 is going to be a game-changer.

2. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don,

I just saw this thread, and didn't have the ambition to look at it all in detail. I usually don't respond to threads like this, because I think they are too trivial, but in this case, I'll make an exception. Don, I have always thought your respnses were thoughtful, appropriate and right on. So, I guess if I wanted to have a beer with anyone, it would be you.

BTW, I see you're in Florida. We'll be traveling to our place in Ft Myers this fall. Depending on where you are, maybe we can make this happen. I'll buy.

Tubman

3. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

I have never seen that Danica Patrick photo before! Hooyah! Think I'd have a beer with Daisy Duke! And then maybe Suzanne somers from American Graffiti and then last but certainly not least Michelle Pfeiffer in her debut role in Hollywood Knights with Tony Danza!

4. C-man405

C-man405
    from oswego ill

Well I'm 13 so I'll drink a pop but anyways I wound like to drink with any guy that that was around in the 50's when racing was hot. Maybe learn a few things!

5. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

... Oh, yeah... and Foamy the Squirrel. If you don't know who Foamy is, put in "Foamy Squirrel" in the search bar on YouTube. (Or, just go to illwillpress.com, home of Foamy...) I couldn't even imagine some of the shit he would come up with after a few beers, but it would be fun!

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Thanks, Tubman, you just made my day. :) You get the first round, I've got the second one. PM me when you are here.

Don

7. SOHC427

SOHC427

I've had 100's with Earl Wade, but one with Dyno Don, would be pretty cool!

8. carlisle1926

carlisle1926

Henry and Edsel Ford
    Thomas Edison
    Harvey Firestone
    Ransom Eli Olds (REO)
    Jack Palance
    Clint Eastwood
    Duesenberg Brothers

9. id like to have a beer with Mike from american pickers
    the person who first rode a horse, becuse im sure everyone thought he was crazzzy. OOOHH and the guy who invented jello. its a liquid, then you refridgerate it and its jelly. and it stays that way in room temp

10. edweird

edweird

11. edweird

edweird

oh, and delmar, pete and everitt.

12. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

My Dad died 5 weeks after I was born. I'd love to have a beer with him.

13. LSL

LSL
    from missouri

Frank Lockhart
    Augie Duesenberg
    Ab Jenkins

14. dellyjonut

dellyjonut
    from St. louis

Hunter S Thompson, Charles Bukowski, Kennith Howard. Man, get those 3 together, that would be a life experience!

15. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

"What's the question again" ??????? :D
    [​IMG]

16. cederholm

cederholm

My father - gone eight years....

I've always had a love for hot rods but I'm very new to the building side of things so my preference is to buy the beer, shut the hell up and listen and learn.

Just a couple guys that would fill my head - the short list

Pork n Beaner
    Rolf
    Squirrel

17. For me it would have to be Ryan. He is the cool dude that started this great site we all turn to for everything. Would like to meet him someday and buy him a beer and hear how this all started.

18. power wagon

power wagon

vondutch would be my choice

19. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Oh WOW there is so many that never came home some day

20. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Odumba, so i could reach across the table and slap the shit out of him.

21. edweird

edweird

just about anybody.

22. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

So Cal Speed Shop's Jimmy Shine

23. Deuces

Deuces

Henry Ford, Zora Arkus Duntov, Carrol Shelby, Mickey Thompson, Dick Landy, Ronnie Sox, etc....

24. Deuces

Deuces

Bingo!!... :D:D:D

25. Beau

Beau

26. Bill Burnham.

I used to see him at all the shows around here... and was always too nervous to go up and talk to him.

Last time was at the Jim Davis memorial drags (I think it was called) in Sonoma... he was sitting in his Mopar, nosed up to the fence watching the races. He had his door open, and his boot propped up there on the door.

I thought to myself... "Man, be neat to shoot the shit about hot rods with Bill!"... then turned and walked away.

I just didn't know how, or what I would say.

I regret it now.

Sam

27. Colville

Colville

Heres a few I can think of...

-First off would be my Grandfather and his brother back when they were young... His brother passed away when he was 26. My Grandfather and his brother worked at a service station their father owned. One day my Grandfather's brother took the wrecker in town and pulled up near a cherry olds 88 with a 4 barrel carb, he popped the hood and snatched it off and took it home for his olds he was working on. Haha, rediculous but a good story when you hear him tell it. He always talks about how his brother was gettin into trouble and what not. I think those fellas would have been a hoot to hang out with.

-Any of you fellas here in the wonderful world of the H.A.M.B.

-Benjamin Franklin

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

-Cole Foster

-Sam Phillips

Thats just a few off the top of my head.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  28. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

Forget the hairyhead's. I'll have mine with Linda Vaughn and Jungle Pam!

1940 Willys Coupe