Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen trophy please help wa. State

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ace'sSpeedshop, Jul 26, 2012.

1. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Thats awesome! Whats the story??

3. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

We need details. No names just details!

4. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I'm SO GLAD that the trophy was returned & is back where it belongs . That just made my day !

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad to see that it got returned and delivered to it's rightful owner.

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Good job! Sometimes, the good guys do win.

7. that would be the best plan..make a new one and present it to him..
    you can bet one of the show sponsors would pitch in as well.

the shithead who stole the first one ,can go rot in hell someplace.

Rick
    ==================================================

8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's good to hear. Tell us more.

9. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

They got it back, man.:D

11. poor247

poor247

I'd like the see it said by someone with more than one post... (not that I'm much better)

12. candyman

candyman

Well guys... the details are a little fuzzy. After all, we asked for the Trophy back with no questions asked. BUT.... with that said, it appears that this might have been a bad joke played on a guy, by maybe??? a friend or something??? Something to that effect.

The guy brought his truck home from the show that night and left on vacation the next morning. He didn't look at it. He was gone all week. When he came home he noticed the Trophy and few other items like chairs and stuff. Then luckily, he ran into one of our club members at the Goodguy's registering for the drags. He lived down the street and invited our club member over to his house to give it back to us. This is my understanding of the chain of events. I could be wrong on some of the small stuff but that is what I was told to the best of memory.

What makes the story believable is the fact that the guy won a trophy from us in 2010 and likely wouldn't want to steal another one from us. So... no harm no foul. This joke was made in bad taste, but honestly, we just want this man to have what he earned. I can not tell you how relieved I am to have this made right again. It really broke my heart. I was one of the members who choose this car as a winner and had the pleasure of awarding it to him the first time. It actually made me tear up a little as he said thank you in such a weak voice that our microphone and PA system couldn't pick it up. (We were running pro PA gear with enough power to be heard 3 miles away. Literally.)

I am honored that this man thought enough of our show to come out and to have his son wheeling him around in a wheel chair on the grass. What can you say about that? This is why it is good not to jump to conclusions about things. There was a lot of people who were upset about this and we greatly appreciate the kind support we received in getting the word out.

I have a picture that was taken today as the club re-awarded his Trophy. I will try and post it soon.

And again, I want to say thanks for the generous offers of help. All along we just wanted the Trophy back and that is what happened. So we are all whole again. We can put it all behind us and move forward with a great sigh of relief.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  13. candyman

candyman

This picture doesn't do this car justice. And yes.... it is not a typical show car as you would expect... it is a stocker. BUT... this car was put together with love and passion and it is absolutely perfect. There is nothing that is not perfect about this car... down to the factory air conditioning. Considering all the facts, it was a no brainer to award the best of show to this man and his son. You have to conceder many factors when deciding who is a winner and who is not. It just fit.

These guys embody what this hobby is all about. Passion for old cars... but also... the generational aspect of it too... The passing of the torch. You see... Richard wanted a car like this when he was a young man. With Richard's declining condition, his son Lee decided to give his father the car he never was able to have. If you know Lee, you would know that he has some killer vintage rides parked at his house and totally gets the traditional scene. His '40 Ford vert with the Raccoon tail is a notorious car in the Northwest and has logged many a mile. Been on the road a long time. I first ran into Lee and his vert about 12 years ago. A really cool cat and a guy I am proud to call a friend.

This goes out to you Richard... and Lee... what can I say man... you make your dad proud man. Congrats for winning the 2012 Camwinder's Best of Show. You earned it!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  14. candyman

candyman

Sorry I didn't get to it sooner. I just found out last night. I was busy partying in Puyallup with my club members for the cruise.

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad he got it back, it is amazing what people will steal these days (Even if it was a joke!!). Some arse hole out there has my Australian Service Medal and my service plaque from when I left SASR, both have my name and service details on them but someone else thinks they are better suited to them!! Why the fuck would you steal another persons medal??

Doc.

16. candyman

candyman

Sorry about your metal Doc! There is two things I absolutely despise in people. Thievery and lying. Here is a couple more shots of Richard and Lee.

Attached Files:

17. That is a beautiful car from the little we can see and it is awesome that you guys recovered the trophy to be able to present it again to Richard, well done guys and be proud of making that man happy with a neat memory that will last. Thank you.

18. Gallichio

Gallichio

Congratulations Richard! Beautiful car. All is well that ends well!

19. bradshaw

bradshaw
    from ontario

I'm glad to hear everything end OK... Love the Car!

20. snelson57

snelson57

Wow...that car is beautiful. If that is stock, why mess with it.

Good job, guys.

21. camwinders

camwinders
    from graham

Lol...it cool...guess I should have introduced myself...my name is will also know as tiny..I am one of the three founding members of camwinders. I also took the pics..but for some odd reason it wouldn't let me post them...so I posted them to facebook..that's where he got the pics from. I do everything from my phone..I don't have home internet..and really don't like going to the library to use my laptop. I also took video of it..if anyone wants to see it send me a pm and I can give you my facebook. Again...thanks for all of the love..concern and willingness to help from everyone !

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Reading that you got it back made my day !!!!! :D I can bet you are right about someone thinking it was funny to put that in another guy's car..........probably went something like "Hold my beer and watch this !" :rolleyes:

That is a really sharp car and it is so great to see the owner sitting behind the wheel. Bet he was thrilled to get his trophy back.

Don

23. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Congrats from here too. Beautiful car :D

24. I am glad everything turned out the way it should,,the gentleman finally got his trophy. HRP

25. pumpman

pumpman

Great ending, great car and great people!

26. Beautiful car, cool story.
    Glad this ended right.

27. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Glad all ended well. Great shots of the guy, his car and his trophy. NICE!

28. Moparts

Moparts

Good to hear all is well now!

29. Great to here all has been resolved and the getleman got his well deserved trophy!

30. newbomb

newbomb

Same thing happened at a Dixie Fried car show in Atlanta a few years back put on by the Atlanta Road Kings. Best custom and I do not think the guy ever got his trophy!!! Shits gittin out of hand. Newbomb