Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coming home party in N.C. w/ the IRON LORDS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Colville, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Colville

Colville

Most of you know Im currently serving in Afghanistan. Im active duty Air Force and been here for a while now. I recently got an email from some friends in a local band called the Straight 8's asking me if they could play a welcome home party for me, and I pick the place. Of course I obliged and contacted my friends in the Iron Lords since they have a great shop and area to do this at. They were more than willing to help me out and get this shin dig happening. The Straight 8s put on a great show and play some very traditional rock n roll / rockabilly. They write their own songs and its real quality stuff. Needless to say Im overly excited about this whole thing and can not wait for it to happen! Even better is the weekend all this is happening is the weekend of the Auto Fair at the Lowes Motor Speedway in NC, so there should be plenty of people that can stop by talk some cars have a bite to eat and listen to some rockin tunes.

I want to personally thank all the members of the Iron Lords for letting me use your shop for this occasion. Its going to be alot of fun and you guys just have no idea how excited I am! Not only am I excited about coming home to my gorgeous preggers wife but now I have a get together planned with some of my greatest friends, slick machines, and good tunes all in one place. This is gonna be one hell of a night guys!! Hope to see everyone there. Bring your wife/girlfriend, family, kids or whatever, it will be a family friendly event that should be a blast!! Heres the details:

PLACE:
    IRON LORDS CC SHOP 606 Church st. Concord, NC

TIME:
    SATURDAY EVENING SEPTEMBER 22, 2012

NEED MORE INFO?

CONTACT DELTON (HOTDAMN ON THE HAMB)

Thanks again guys!!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012

2. Cole, We are honored to be the host location. It is the least we could do for you and all you have done for us. The Straight 8's are awesome!!

We really look forward to your welcome home!

Iron Lords Club Shop is located at;
    606 Church Street, Concord NC 28025

BloodyKnuckles

3. Colville

Colville

Hell yeah Boobie! Thanks man! All the shop partys yall have had have been a blast, if any of the wives wanna bring some food that would be awesome! I'll provide some beer for the band and anyone else that wants to partake ;) I'll also get a few cases of that delicious glass bottle cheerwine for those that dont want beer. Cant wait man!! Robert, the lead singer and guitarist of the band is driving his Buick, they are named the straight 8s for a reason :) the one in the photo below. Also the drummer I believe has a shoebox ford he's bringing. Gonna be kick ass man!

5492_1153288146847_496262_n.jpg

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I doubt seriously that I will make the party after walking the AutoFair for a couple days but ...

THANK YOU ...
    for your service !! :)

5. Muttley

Muttley

Anyone want to swing by and pick me up on the way?

[​IMG]

6. Colville

Colville

Thanks Duece Roadster! If you change your mind we'd love to see you!

@muttley Nice haha

7. ssrs71

ssrs71

First, let me thank you for your service to our country. THANK YOU. It sound's like a blast. count me in.

8. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I have it marked on the calendar. Thank you for your service!!!!!!!!! I hope to shake your hand.

9. Colville

Colville

^^^Thanks guys, looking forward to seeing you!

10. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

hot rods, straight 8's, party at the lords' place and welcoming home an active duty service member--can't go wrong with anything there! hope I can get my ride back on the road by road by then!

11. Colville

Colville

12. Colville

Colville

Yes im bored and excited about this so deal with my random posts! HA!

Straight 8's drummer, Mark Murphy's '51 Ford.
    HRW_SHOEBOX_FRONT_CROPPED.jpg

13. Colville

Colville

While Im on a roll here... Heres a photo of the band... Trying to show these guys some love since this whole thing was their idea :)

[​IMG]

14. Thank you for your service!

My son is a career USAF guy, with 20 years in.

Hope to shake your hand in person at the party!

15. Colville

Colville

Thats great! I got 10 years in myself, almost there!

16. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

THANK YOU for your service and sacrifice. Welcome home (soon), we'll be glad to have you back. Our service men and women are real American heroes, and it sounds like you'll be coming home to a well-deserved hero's welcome.

17. Colville

Colville

Thanks man... This is going to be more than I could ask for! I am very thankful for the wonderful people in my life!

18. murph

murph

Hot damn, this is gonna be one helluva throw-down! Two questions for Cole:

1) Are you driving the Olds?
    2) Is your Grandpa coming?

Hopefully by end of September the weather will be a little more hospitable. Of course, hard to complain, since I'm sure it's hot as hell in Afghanistan. Stay safe and see ya soon, buddy.

-murph

19. Colville

Colville

MURPH!! Whats up man! Heres your answers...

1) Hell Yes
    2) Working on that, I sure hope so. I havent had a chance to call him since we came up with a good date.

Do you still have that truck? Are you bringing your ford? I'd love to see it! Cant wait for this man, everyday I wake up over here in Afghanistan the thought of being back home with my preggers wife and coming to this get together comes to mind, CANT WAIT!!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  20. Colville

Colville

BTW I think my car has the same dreams Murph... But come Sept. 22, its dreams come true in N.C. Hell yes, like your quote!

21. murph

murph

Yeap, still have the truck... bought from CreeperLarry and built my xadamx, both on the HAMB. Will likely drive the shoebox since my wife is comin' and can keep my drums dry in case of rains (plus the truck is still up on jack stands awaiting new brakes). I hope Hannah is doing well and feeling fine! See you both real soon.

-murph

22. FLATHEAD VICKY

FLATHEAD VICKY

Im in see ya all there

23. It's going to be great!!

Looking forward to everything.

BloodyKnuckles

24. Colville

Colville

I'll have to come check out your truck sometime. Cant wait to see your shoebox, glad to hear your wife will be there too. I sure hope it doesnt rain but I have been to a shop party of theirs when it did rain and it still ended up being a great time! But lets hope it doesnt. Yes, Hannah is doing very well just relaxing and awaiting my arrival back home. By the time you see her she'll be about a month out from having our son! Her parents live near by so they have been there for her and it works out real nice when im gone on deployments.

@flathead vicky... looking forward to meeting you!

@Bloodyknuckles... Gonna be a good time man, gotta feeling we are going to have a pretty big turn out from the emails and what not I've been getting of people wanting to come. A couple of my friends from VA are coming, from razor custom paint shop. I think the biggest thing is Auto Fair being that weekend, this should be a blast man, the more the better! It will be a fantastic weekend in NC for any auto enthusiast. Im ready to fill that parking lot out side yalls shop with gorgeous hot rods/customs, and the shop with rockin tunes and great people. :)

25. CV

I heard about the party Friday, but just getting back to internet access! Sounds like a swell time!!

I am goping to make every attempt to be there and share a Cheerwine or two! But if, for some reason I can't make it, thanks for your service!

We'll shake hands again soon enough!

Keep your head down 'til then!

26. Colville

Colville

Brett, that sounds great sir! Its always a pleasure to see you, sure hope you can make it.

Bring your striping supplies if you want, Im sure some people would like it! Hope to see you soon, Thanks!

27. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I will be there for sure and the wife will make some food. Any requests for the guest of honor?

28. Colville

Colville

Great! Looking forward to seeing you! As for requests I dont mind, anything is good by me, I think my wife is bringing some homemade pico de gallo and maybe some other similar things. She grew up in Texas so makes some pretty killer hispanic food. I know one year at one of the partys someone made some chili that was good, also desserts are always good. Anything is good to me right now, haha I havent had good food in a while. I was also thinking we might get a bunch of pizzas too since its nearby. See you there man!

29. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

finally found a tranny--there's hope!

30. Colville

Colville

Good stuff!