Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever won anything at a car show?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigalturk1, Jul 28, 2012.

1. I won a wash bucket and sponge and I was just a spectator at the event.

2. Normbc9

Normbc9

I won a set of K & N air filters (2) with a chrome tops and bases plus a cleaning kit. Now in use and a premium product. It was at the Pleasanton Car Show at the Alameda Fairgounds. I figure it was worth $250.00 and not bad for a $1.00 ticket.

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

About 35 years ago I won a plastic bag full of Adell clamps of assorted styles and shapes at "The Big One" rod run in Delaware back when it was at the orphanage. That was back when it was assumed that you actually built your own car. I have not used them all yet but I'm getting low on the good sizes. I don't really care for them but they were donated by Ron Francis wiring. Most of the stuff that I won as a give away was useless to me. These actually had some value.

We had a rod run a long time ago and a local speed shop donated Offenhuser valve covers for a 57 Olds (clearing out their unsold junk.) I tried to buy them from the winner for my 57 Olds but he said he'd keep them???

4. zzford

zzford

One time there was a car show at a local gentlemen's club. I won a boobie prize.

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

Every year during the NSRA Nats in Louisville, someone holds a hot rod party which I usually go to. The late Boyd Coddington used to attend every year providing numerous door prizes. The door prizes consisted of "Coddington Garage" items and the Grand Prize which was always a set of Boyd wheels. The only door prizes I ever won was car wax, spray detailer and a couple of hats. The year after Boyd passed away, I won the Grand Prize. It was an LED drop light. Just my luck.

6. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Yeah ... won a t-shirt because I knew the group who did the song the DJ was playing at the time (At The Hop ... Danny and the Juniors). Yep, I know ... it wasn't rocket science.:)

7. doozcoupe

doozcoupe

Pictures or it didn't happen!

8. chrisbob12

chrisbob12

Back in the early 60'S I won a silver place in the Oakland Roadster Show with my 1952 Harley-Davidson K Model Motorcycle. The next year I won a Bronze place with my 1962 Harley-Davidson Sportster.

9. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

50$ bucks cash and a big ol lady luck patch from a small show in Oklahoma.

10. SChotrodder

SChotrodder

Seens like I won a small door prize at about every show this summer. Did win fifty dollers at one and a $25 Autozone gift card at another. Had a couple guys that wanted to trade there trophys for rhe gift card. I didnt make the trade.

11. broey

broey

I won a raffle at a small car show in phoenix for a $200 gift card to a Pawn shop. used it to buy a Remington 1100

12. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Friend won a Juke box. I think he still has it.

13. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

winner!!!!

14. smittythejunkman

smittythejunkman

I won a dirtiest windshield award that also came with a bottle of windex and some towels
    its my favorite trophy

15. slowmotion

slowmotion

Won a cooler once, empty though...damn.

16. Won this at the Blue Oval Classic this year...Made out of Jack Roush Racing NASCAR parts..H-beam rod ,funky piston,high-dollar bolts,etc

Attached Files:

17. maniac

maniac

Won a $1000 gift certificate at a New Jersey speed shop back in 1992 at the NJSRA fathers day run.

Then in 1996 at Goodguys Charlotte I won a tour of the Rusty Wallace shop complete with a BBQ from Rodders Digest mag, about 50 other people won also, was pretty cool.

18. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

At the smaller shows I have won clean up kits,(wax's, tire shie etc.) My car is in primer. At NSRA i have picked up wiring kits and a set of tires, they gave me the cert. & the catalogs for a set of BFG tires. I ordered up a set of 18's for a new Vette.
    A few years back I won a new Scotts front suspension with trick brakes etc & sold it for $2K. I have been very lucky as my pirzes have probably paid for my car. I never go for the prizes or expecting to win anything, but I never turn anything down.

19. burnout2614

burnout2614

Have won some cool stuff over the years, still using a lot of it. Lucky to win a few 50/50 pots over 300 bucks each. The funniest to me was a long distance award. They went on and on about how far I drove for their show. The distance? 65 miles! peace

20. Drove to a small car show in the Ozarks. went in to park and they directed me to the show area. figured a good place to avoid parking lot dings. ended up with a trophy and small cash prize.Good times.:)

Attached Files:

21. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

I once won a bottle of wizard spray detail (My car's in primer...)
    Another time a Cheeseburger, But I tell you what, it was a tasty burger...

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

losing is for winners

23. D-man313

D-man313

Just this past weekend at the Nats in KY, my dad and I won the Comp Cams engine build. Each of us received a $250 gift certificate to use at Comp. Went and ordered a cam right after.

24. Dmont37

Dmont37

Yes I have I won second place in the unfinished class in 2005 at the happy days car in Grinnell Iowa with my 1972 Plymouth Satellite and in 2009 at the Hpac all mopar show in riverside Missouri I won second place in the early car class wth my 1937 Plymouth Coupe.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  25. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've won several long distance trophies back in the 80's, one best of class, and a few raffles. :) I have no idea where any of those trophies are.

26. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

I won a door prize last year at Sumpter County Swap Meet (cheap tool set) thats pulled me out of a few tight spots and not a car event bit won a 60" flat screen TV at a Main St event in my home town.

27. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

The last year that good guys put on a show in j- ville I was drawn for a door prize....prob was I was drawn really late and there wasn't anything left that I needed.....so I ended up choosing a 400 dollar credit towards Lincoln welders....which I did not need....,gave it to my buddy who was a little short on funds to get his welder and he got a nicer welder than I had......bastard....

Other than than I don't win shit.....nor have I ever won anything else in my entire lifetime.

28. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

Too many awards. Please if you are building awards make them small,and make them nicely with no greasy or sharp parts. ESPECIALLY for motorcycles. Riding home with some giant birdcrap welded trophy version of a rat rod SUCKS. Wooden plaques or anything really you can hang on your wall is awesome. My favorite was an enraved plate hanging from an original fiesta cap. I sold the hubcap.cha-ching!

29. 62RagtopNova

62RagtopNova

Years ago at a cruise night I bough $20 worth of tickets and won about $300 worth of swag. They were pulling my ticket every other one. I was actually getting booed after the third trip up.

30. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

Won some raffle prizes. I never ever enter my cars to be judged. They are built by me for me and I don't need someone who doesn't "Get It" to be deciding if it's cool or not. Besides most of the judges at the shows seemed to vote their personal bias, to be expected. I believe that I have more fun than anyone with no pressure or disappointments. And I get to drive home in the car of my dreams. Now that is coolness to me.
    Dan