Register now to get rid of these ads!

new toy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hickatron, Jul 28, 2012.

1. hickatron

hickatron

I picked this car on a trade. Its a 50 Pontiac silver streak, its got the original I6 backed with a auto trans.
    some one started to redo this car and did not help it a whole lot, Im going to leave the stock drive line and suspension.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  2. Harms Way

Harms Way

My Grandfather had one new,.... cool car, As I Kid I loved looking at the amber Pontiac hood ornament.

3. hickatron

hickatron

I got to fool with the pontiac some, good news is it cranks good and has good compression across the board. Now i just hope the 62 year old trans still has life in it.;)

If any one here has a dash speaker for a 50 Pontiac id love to have one.

4. hickatron

hickatron

As of today im unemployed so ill have some time to wrench on the Pontiac till i find a new gig.
    My goal to get it to the iron invasion is toast, the guy that was going to do my floors japped out on me. but an ex coworker of mine is going to do all the sheet metal work in exchange for my 52 ih.
    Hopefully i get her running tomorrow, if I do ill get a video up.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

funny , when you put those tail lights and bumper on a Chevrolet it is "custom".

49-52 GM's are the coolest cars around.

6. hickatron

hickatron

yeah one of the tail light is broke, and finding replacements has been no challenge what so ever.
    I google body panels and i find led tail lamps with blue dots:rolleyes:

7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

While we lived in W. Germany from 61-64 our family car was a 51 Pontiac Eight tin woodie wagon. Dad paid $350 for it when he got there. It got us all around the country for those years. When Dad got orders to return Stateside he tried to sell the car with no luck. We left it parked on Fronmullerstrasse in Furth with the title signed in the glovebox and the keys in the ignition. A friend sent me letters over the next 4-5 months describing the stripping of the car and when the wrecker finally hauled the body shell away. Dad bought a (gulp) brand new 1964 VW Bus (when we got to Europe it was Mom, Dad and 5 boys, when we left it was 6 boys) and had it shipped to the States for pickup when we arrived.

8. ownerizer

ownerizer
    from Parker, Co

I'm sorry to hear you lost your job, good luck on your search!