Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '50 Ford Project - New Engine and Trans.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ClutchDumpinDan, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Cool project thanks for the response.

Frenchy

2. harleyddad

harleyddad

Wow, what a great thread, I'm trying to piece everything together to install a T-5 behind a 8BA in my 49'. The clutch pedal bracket is the trick as well as the trans mount revisions on the crossmember. This has kick started my project again, anybody else posting T-5 project stuff?

3. Just finished modifying and welding up my stock crossmember. The clutch pedal bracket was pretty straight forward. PM if you have any questions.

4. Do Good Jr.

Do Good Jr.
    from texas

I just got me a T-5 yesterday. Gonna get a few more parts to get started. This will be my winter project. Cant wait to get started and finished ! Your thread has been a great help !

5. Cool! Glad to hear you found it helpful. When you get started on your swap be sure to post some pics!

6. Sanford Graham

Sanford Graham

Hi Dan How do I get in touch with you ? or Please e mail me at [email protected] Have a couple of other questions about your 88 S 10 5 spd. I also have an 88 S 10 5 spd and was deciding not too use it. Thanks for any reply too me. happy motorin sandy

7. I sent you an e-mail. If it didn't come through for some reason my email address is [email protected]

-Dan

8. sleipner

sleipner
    from Sweden

Maybe I´m being stupid, but what Offenhauser adapter did you use? The ones I can find only works up to ´48 flatheads or Mercury? Am I missing something?

9. sleipner

sleipner
    from Sweden

Thank you! Can´t belive I missed that one. Now the tricky part of finding a T5 from an S10 from the 80´s, since they didn´t sell them over here by then....

10. K-Bone

K-Bone

Hey Dan
    Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to do this post and post the pics. I just did my first T5 in my 51 Ford Woody with a flathead and without this thread I would have be stuck on the Trans Clutch assembly connection. I copied the bracket you made and it worked great. We just finished the Hot Rod Power Tour and the Flathead never ran so good. Thanks again man.