Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 5-1/2" headlight w/bullet, source?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Caballo, Jul 27, 2012.

1. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm looking for the headlights like the ones used on the Lee Pratt '58 Impala. They have a little bullet sticking out from the center. Does anyone know where they can be sourced?

2. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks to Rik Hoving for the pic.

Attached Files:

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a trim piece that goes over the headlight. Usually they are run with the clear Lucas style lights. Oops, is that a bullet or is it inside the lens?

4. XXL__

XXL__

5. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Negative on the tri-bar headlights, the ones on Pratt's car don't have the bars and that is what I am looking for.

6. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I think swap meets and ebay – believe those are Lucas and not reproduced as far as I know.

7. Try Night Prowlers? Just a thought, nothing but an idea.

8. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Lucas Flamethrower. Looks like some on ebay right now at around 100 bucks a pop.

9. El Pratt

El Pratt

These are Lucas driving lights, model LR576. They are driving or fog lamps so you won't have high and low beams. The Lucas headlight bulbs will fit or you can retro fit the bulbs used in new cars. I got mine from SNG Barratt USA in New Hampshire. Since you are in Australia E-Bay may be your best bet, good luck.

10. Yes but he is American, just an International man of something?:D ElC, if you find some on Ebay in the next few days I can drag them to the Salt and pass them off to some Aussie to get them to you. If customs would not be an issue?

BTW, nice to see you posting! Mr Pratt. That Buick burned into this kids brain when I first saw it in SRM around 1980.

11. Those are Lucas lights and the last pair of NOS Lucas lights I know of came out of South Africa.

I wish I could find some myself and then have the cash on hand to pick them up.

Or he can have them sent here and I'll ship them. I have shipped to Austrailia before for some of the fellas no problems. I like Caballo real well but even if I didn't we haven't been scammed by an Ausie yet.

12. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

13. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

I hope you have deep pockets - they will cost you!

14. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, being the international man of mystery than I am, I may well have an advantage being in one of her majesty's colonies and will be able to source them locally. I really appreciate your input on this. How did you mount them; I'm guessing they mounted fine in the stock buckets?

If I can't afford the real thing maybe I can etch the center of some regular lamps and JB Weld those bullet valve stem caps on! Ha!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  15. Nice! hahahaha

I still have those 54 Chevy parking lenses you sent me 10 years ago. Still in Zekes old 54. I never forget.

16. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, I remember that!

17. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. El Pratt

El Pratt

The one's you found at vintage car parts are correct. They will mount in your headlight buckets without a problem. I also found that the supplier I mentioned in my previous post has a location in England.

19. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, but I'm not partial to those things. I'll hold out for the real deal.

20. I reckon you are on the right track glueing on a bullet....

21. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Look at my profile and click on the pics of my Victoria, these are the lights you want. They are 5 3/4" Lucas slr576 flamethrowers. I got mine from Moss Motors, $49.95 apiece, part # 157-200

22. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Chopmerc

23. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Double-thanks Chopmerc. I need some for my kustom, too!

24. Yeah, I was about to buy some wasted originals on ebay before i read this thread. Thanks guys!

25. dkwmotorcycle

dkwmotorcycle
    from USA

this may be 2nd reply. Historic Car Parts. United kingdom, key word Lucas.
    I purchased "flamethrower" Lucas clear lense with bullet center