Register now to get rid of these ads!

Derek's 1950 ford coupe shoebox build and introduction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Batidor del mono, May 5, 2011.

1. Ha ha ha fuck I wish I can't believe we over looked that. The go pro was the guys from fuel tank tv so I won't see anything till they release there next DVD. Man I'm shattered we didn't now.

2. Here's a pic of the Eldorados letters gettin moved around a bit by various people and the start of our beer bottles next to the car and my award at the show a framed Weesner prints which is oh so nice now back at home on the wall

Attached Files:

3. ausbuick

ausbuick

so what now????

4. Deu55

Deu55

Congrats on ya award ,I have lots of new screen savers now thanx.You guys look like ya had a great time......Rod..

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

5. Des,
    The Spinner did look bad ass on the weekend buddy. Congrats on finishing for Sydney & to top it a Weesner for troubles. Nice..

6. So what now?????? No rest for the wicked. Finish floor more panel beating triples on, new dizzy, inner window garnish mouldin, start collecting parts for the nailhead. This will be one f those projects that's never finished I'm sure of it. Always something to make it cooler

7. msalamanca

msalamanca

Looking great, Are you hammer, dolly and shrinking the panels to get them straight?

8. Yeah mate that's right but my buddy ahrons does the tapping I do the oxy for the shrinking and whatever else he needs me to do.

9. -Sled-

-Sled-

Is "spinner" aussie for custom?

10. AV88

AV88

Na dude in oz a 49 -50 is called a single spinner because of the grille and 51 a twin spinner ,I don't know why it just is ,And looks like you had fun des ... Chopped shows next get cracking dude

11. -Sled-

-Sled-

Cool! All this time i though a "spinner" was a skinny girl that you can spin around on the tip of your....

12. Ha ha that's why sometimes on here I call it a shoebox so the Americans know what I'm talking about but it's always been a spinner here. Lol sounds like I need me a spinner for sure. Well another one.
    Des

13. Oh mate I know bring on chopped cannot fucking wait. My fav weekend of the year coming up. Nothing major between now and then cause I don't wanna get carried away and kill myself gettin it back together.
    Des

14. Here's some pics I took of our cruise up and when we arrived just thought I'd share.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. More

Attached Files:

16. More pics

Attached Files:

17. And one more

Attached Files:

18. I think you may be having just to much fun Des ,I,m jealous .....

19. Ha ha ha gotta have fun otherwise building these cars ain't as good and exciting.

20. Phat Bug

Phat Bug

Wow looks like you guys had a bitchin time on the cruze, and looks like the show was great!
    Congrats on the award!!

My kids have just given me the Fuel Tank DVD for my birthday, looks like she's come a long way since that interview. Well done man!

Rhett.

21. Ha ha ha yeah cheers mate it's gone through a little make over and will continue rigor a while

22. EBW

EBW

I check on your updates all the time, just don't comment as much.. But the show and cruise pics are Awesome !! Great car, Great folks, Great times !! Keep at it !

23. Cheers mate

24. Had a chat to your hammer bitch thru the week, even droped in and visited the red head bearded people as well. Everyone had a ball. Sorry about Corey but he's not my fault.

Well done Des and all the guy's involved. Car looked cool inside in the show.

But the street shoots are where the ride really shines. Still not sure about the beards thought.

Mark Shearer

25. SoCal

SoCal

Love it. Congrats too

26. Mate , great build and just flat out cool

regards

Brian

27. Ha ha ha thanks guys. Shearer thanks for the kind work it really does look killer drivin along were it's supposed to be not in a big enclosed car show. But wAs a fair honor.

28. manchild

manchild

dang , your spinner is looking awesome des, just checked the fuel tank footage, looked like a fun as road trip man ,congrats on the award too

29. daddio211

daddio211

I forgot this is the middle of winter for you guys. It's 100-somethin' here....