Register now to get rid of these ads!

SCREWED by Gearhead Enterprises, Hudson IA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TudorChris, Feb 16, 2012.

1. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

I wasn't going to post again but i've been reading and this thread makes me nervous. :)

We just purchased a '32 grill off of Ebay for a screaming deal. It doesn't have to be perfect so we went for it. Paid via credit card. We recieved the Fed Ex shipping notification the next day with a tracking number. On the Fed Ex Shipping notification the seller is listed as Gearhead Enterprises. It is THEM. We didnt know this until after purchasing the grill and getting the fedex tracking number. The dealer on ebay was "rodpartsdealer." YES; this company has multiple different aliases on EBay. You can't tell until after your order is placed. Luckily for us; we got a tracking number and according to Fed Ex; it left Waterloo the next morning and it arrived at Chicago yesterday and is now in transit to us. Expected day of arrival is tomorrow and if it doesnt show up they will be getting the wrath of me. ....

2. Norton1

Norton1
    from Idaho

Try a call, or letter, to the Sate Prosecuting Attorney's office. They can do something - little known facts to assist -

3. butti

butti

LIARS and THEIVES!! beware of this company! They have multiple user names on ebay and are impossible to contact.

4. geoking

geoking

same for me...bought a vintage air unit from them 2 weeks ago, it was 30 dollars less and got here fast. It was drop shipped from Vintage. Good price and service. regards, george

5. henryj429

henryj429

I have bought from these guys before, but only from their vendor displays at car events. Most of their stuff is Chinese knock offs of popular aftermarket stuff or common OEM replacements parts. You have to check the stuff over closely. Some of it is really decent quality; some parts are junk. Buying sight unseen (ie: online) would make me nervous.

6. groundpounder

groundpounder
    Member Emeritus

I, too have bought parts from all three vendors you guys have listed here on EBay.....with no problems!...I guess I've been VERY LUCKY!....yet.....I think I'll take my business else where. Thanks for the heads-up!...

7. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

If I have bought anything over the phone, internet, etc...I always pay with a credit card. I have been screwed on a few things over the years that i have bought from a distance and had my money refunded within 30 days from the credit card companies. You have more rights when paying by credit card than by paying cash or check.

8. Okay...Gearhead enterprises, Rodpartsdealer; what other names do these "People" do business under?

9. bubmrdrmerc

bubmrdrmerc
    from oklahoma

i too have been rooked by them bought some block hugger header for sbc ceramic coated they showed up new in box cracked bent flanges and a piss poor coating job they work decently for mock up thats about it oh an right on the box made in china!!!!

10. Now i know you guys are not that stupid to believe that you see a set of headers that are a third the price of what every other vendor is selling them for, and not think they would be china knock offs. Common sense should throw a flag up. I have bought over 6 grand worth of parts from them and only had one problem, they forgot to ship the front springs. one call and they were here in 4 days.

slammed likes this.
  11. Truckeez

Truckeez

Ide like to find out who the wholesale suppliers are of the 1950 pontiac blue dot taillight lenses are...........???

12. robyyo

robyyo
    from Orange CA

it's interesting that they have such a bad rap but if you look at their ebay feedback it's 99.1% which isn't that bad.

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'm pretty sure that Bob Drake is the guy that put those back into production about 15 or twenty years ago.

14. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I had a bad experience years ago when they went under the name FATRODDER.

15. Originally Posted by

....and they are on sale right now @ $75.00 down from $130.00! See here:
    http://www.bobdrake.com/ItemForm.aspx?Item=HR-13405-BD

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  16. Yup, $75.00 shipped FeEx ground. I just bought a pair!

17. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

Same for the FBI. It's a crime to take your money and not give you what the paid for. We pay taxes to be protected from shit like this, so call the FBI or contact them online. They WILL help you and maybe the scumbags will do some time with Bubba as a cell mate.

18. Tomandi

Tomandi
    from Iowa

Just wondering what other names Gearhead Enterprises goes by so I don't make the same mistake I did this time. I bought a pair of tail light lenses for my 71 Sebring Plus and only got one, now they keep putting me off. :mad:

Thanks for any help you can give me and for all the great information.

19. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

While I dont doubt any of the stories, I have had good luck with them on ebay. They also have a booth at GoodGuys in DesMoines. I have bought at the booth but was concerned cuz he wouldnt give a receipt. My brother & I made a CASH pkg deal on a Dakota Digital cruise control and an Ididit column. He beat Yogis' price by over $100. Everything was new in the box but I was wondering what happens if something breaks down in the future.

20. alchemy

alchemy

You are screwed. They probably bought Chinese knockoffs, and sell them as the real thing. The manufacturer will tell you to deal through the vendor, and that vendor will say "let me see your receipt". Of, you don't have one? Good luck.

I've seen the great deals they have at that show, but still won't buy anything from them. Even in person.

21. olds vroom

olds vroom

I too just got had by these morons. Sadly I found this post too late. I bought a model a brake booster ,pedal and mater cylinder assembly. It came with grinder marks all over the framework like someone had tack welded it to a car and changed there mind then sent it back. When I hooked the pedal up it pushed the rod way over to the side so I had to put new holes in it to compensate.i made several phone calls to them that were all the same.....useless !!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. Well at least you brought this back to the top

23. linechaser32

linechaser32
    from Iowa

I don't understand why people keep buying from those idiots. Cheap prices are not worth the headache .

24. mike bowling

mike bowling

Someone else already said it- State Attorney Generals Office.Free legal advice and they will file a lawsuit for you.It's called FRAUD (misrepresenting a product or service) and the legal eagles don't like that sort of crap associated with their state.A little off topic, but I got a bum refridgerator from Lowe's (like Home Depot)- they were being dicks, so I called the A.G.'s office and they were really helpful( and when I told the manager at the store he'd be hearing from them, he changed his tune real quick) Good luck with it.

loudbang likes this.
  25. Several years ago I bought a 32 grille surround,grille & grille trim. Everything came within a week fit just fine,they were in Vintique boxes

26. olds vroom

olds vroom

I've found Johnny law motors people aren't much better

They told me it couldn't be done... So I'll try it.

da34guy likes this.
  27. Must be easier to screw people over, when there is an ocean protecting you.

International buyers: always use a credit card, or Paypal.
    You might stand a chance of getting your money back.

28. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I bought some 32 hood hold downs from them on egay. They sent me an email saying they where backordered. months went by and I actually forgot about them and one day I get a package in the mail with my parts.I guess I didnt get screwed but it took forever.

29. Fenders

Fenders

30. txturbo

txturbo

I've almost bought some stuff from them a couple times. Backed out at the last minute both times. I've only had one experience with the BBB and it worked out great. I bought a Gateway computer and upgraded the modem. Got the computer and was having trouble getting the modem to stay connected and when using voice there were popping noises. Called tech support several times and they could never get it to work properly but they wouldn't let me return it or refund the money. I filed a complaint with the BBB and about 2 months later a lady from Gateway called me about my BBB claim and asked what it would take to resolve the issue. I told her all I wanted was the money refunded for the modem.....same thing I has asked for before. She refunded my money and sent me a new standard modem. But.....I guess that only works for companies that actually care about their BBB rating.