Register now to get rid of these ads!

**HAMBERS BEWARE** 1937 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe Craigs Listing ** Eugene, Or

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zephyr3789, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

** DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY UNLESS YOU LIKE BEING SCREWED **

- READ WHAT I PROVIDED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY WITH

<O:p- IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS CONTACT ME </O:p
    <O:p</O:p

- I DID NOT PROVIDE A LINK OUT OF RESPECT TO THE FORUM</O:p

Dear CapitalOne/Master Card:

I wanted to let you know about the horrible experience I&#8217;ve been dealing with since coming into contact with Mr. Wade Wheeler (owner) and Eaduard Phillips (broker / payment facilitator via PayPal) on July 16, 2012.

July 16, 2012 &#8211; The Deal is Struck<O:p</O:p
    After speaking with Wade Wheeler numerous times via telephone a deal was made to purchase the item in its entirety, as well as all other additional items that were owned by Wade Wheeler, which were related to this item. Mr. Wheeler required a $1,500 deposit paid to Eaduard Phillips via PayPal to hold the item. Eaduard Phillips agreed to facilitate the financial transactions on behalf of Mr. Wheeler. It was agreed that Mr. Phillips would be compensated for facilitating the sale. I agreed to the terms and agreed to pick the item up on Friday July 20, 2012. Up to this point, everything seemed perfect.

2. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

July 19, 2012 &#8211; The Deceit and Lies Begin to Unfold<O:p</O:p
    My friend, Matt Barbour and I departed <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]</st1:City>La Puente, <st1:State w:st="on">CA</st1:State> 3:30 a.m. Thursday, July 19, 2012 and drove nearly 900 miles to <ST1:p<st1:City w:st="on">Eugene</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">Oregon</st1:State></ST1:place (where the item was located). We arrived at approximately 5:00 pm.

Approximately 5:00pm - Upon arrival to Mr. Wheeler&#8217;s, I inspected the items which were to be picked up the following day. I realized that not only was the item not as advertised, but there were many items agreed upon in the sale that were not there. He informed me that some of the parts he thought he had, he really did not have and that he also had more parts that were agreed upon that he could not find. However, as long as I paid for the shipping, he would send them to me. Per the agreement we had during prior phone conversations, I had expected the item and all additional parts to be ready upon arrival. I was truly disappointed that he asked me to pay for shipping of the missing parts and suspected that I would never receive them.

Approximately 5:30pm &#8211; I let Wade know that I was extremely exhausted, disappointed, tired and needed to get some rest in order to think about this situation. I left and Wade called to inform me that I needed to make a decision and because they had another buyer waiting in line. I informed him that he should go ahead and take the deal; however, must refund my $1500 deposit in full. At that point, my refund was refused. An argument ensued and the conversation ended.<O:p</O:p

Approximately 5:45pm &#8211; Exhausted, I begin my long trek back to <ST1:p<st1:City w:st="on">La Puente</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">CA</st1:State></ST1:p. I began the dispute process with PayPal and CapitalOne. I had a conference call with CapitalOne (Morris / CapitalOne Dispute Department ID# RTD416) and Jen a representative from PayPal (Dispute #PP-001913415448)

<O:p</O:pApproximately 7:45pm &#8211; I am approximately 160 miles away from Eugene in Ashland Oregon when I receive a very remorseful and apologetic call from Wade stating that he felt very bad for what he had done and wanted the opportunity to rectify the situation. He told me he really did have every part that was agreed upon and that he had seller&#8217;s remorse in between our sale agreement and me arriving in <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pEugene</ST1:p</st1:City>. He decided to keep the parts and lie to me about not having them. I was even sent cell phone pictures (still available and time stamped) to prove to me they really had them. I was disgusted at this point, but politely said I appreciated their apology and would need to think about it until the next day.

3. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

July 20, 2012 Approximately 10:30am &#8211; I called Wade and notify him that I would not be moving forward with the sale because he deceived me and I could no longer trust him. I politely requested a full refund of my $1500 deposit. He agreed to issue me a full refund as long as I agreed to cease the dispute resolution process with PayPal. I agreed that I would put a hold on the disputes, but not cancel. I informed them I would give them a week to have the funds returned to me in full before proceeding with the disputes. He agreed. I later found out a decision was already made by PayPal not move forward with the dispute, but I phoned Morris ID# RTD416 at CapitalOne to place a hold on the chargeback.

July 20, 2012 Approximately 2:00 pm - I called Mr. Phillips and he let me know that he had prematurely released $1260.00 to Mr. Wheeler and kept the balance as $240.00 as his broker fee. Mr. Phillips agreed to refund the $240.00 he had in his account and my PayPal account was credited for his portion soon after we ended our conversation.

July 24, 2012 Approximately 11:00am &#8211; I called Mr. Wheeler to check the status of the remainder of the refund and was told I could &#8220;kiss my deposit goodbye&#8221;. He refused to send the $1260.00 deposit balance that he promised me I would receive. I feel that Mr. Phillips was willing to do the right thing; however, Mr. Wheeler was not.

If you have any further questions, please don&#8217;t hesitate in contacting me.

Best Regards,
    Rich<O:p</O:p

4. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Damn Rich ... I hope you get the money back and am sorry to hear about the trouble . I appreciate the phone call (glad I DIDN'T know about this one) and having dealt with this kind of stuff myself , I know how infuriating it is . People are fucking crazy !!! I would have wanted to smash the dude as I'm sure you almost did , not worth getting in trouble for $1500 and a day of driving though no matter how mad you are . Best of luck with this , Mike

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012

5. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

I may have been in jail right now, but lucky for me most of this stuff happened over the phone!

You're definitely right though, it is not worth it, just hard to control in the heat of the moment...

Thanks for the words, although they don't refill my pockets, they do make me feel a little better. :(

Rich

6. 38zephyr

38zephyr

I think Pay pal/ your credit card co. will see the fraud for what it is and refund the money , I've always heard they side with the buyer and take care of people pretty well . Nothing is worth jail , you did the right thing leaving ...

7. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

It's funny you say that, Pay Pal already dismissed the dispute because deposit was not facillitated through the ebay is considered an intangile items and not covered under their user agreement... Guess I should have read that... The good news is the credit card company doesn't care about Pay Pal's user agreement, in there eyes fraud is fraud and the chargeback decision is solely up to them.

I feel I have provided enough evidence of fraud to the credit card company, so I am optimistic, but it's not over til it's over.

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE AND READ PAYPALS USER AGREEMENT!

8. Nonstop

Nonstop
    from CA

Did you speak to someone over the phone with PayPal? I have actually had luck when speaking to a person and they helped me out on a dispute that was closed, or about to be closed (it has been a few years).

Give it a shot if you have not.....if for nothing else, might convince them to flag his transactions should someone else have a dispute.

9. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

Thanks for the advice, I know some people are unaware PayPal even has a customer service number.

I spoke to 3 PayPal representatives in a conference call with my credit card company and was even told by one representative that I would be getting a refund, but ultimately PayPal did nothing to help and is fully within there right to do so, even though it is admittedly is fraud, based on their user agreement.

10. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

I was contacted by a man in Oregon a few months ago, he had a Russian first and last name. He tried to sell me a complete nose for a 39' Ford. The picture he sent showed the car in front of a barn, just to be safe, I asked for the car's Serial number...he never got back to me!

Pay pal is run by "India" foreigners, and I would never do business with them!
    In any future deals, I would ask the buyer to send you a certified check that would come from the bank that "You" do business with (Wells Fargo, Bank America, etc.). When you get the check, bring it to your bank and have it verified as good, and cash it. Only after that, I would send the item.
    As far as dealing with foreign countries, forget it!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  11. Rocky72

Rocky72
    from Pa.

Did you find this car on the internet ??? If so there is a thing called internet fraud and it can be reported .

Rocky

12. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

I did find it on the internet. I didn't know that. I haven't pursued any other action yet, but I will definitely keep that in mind.

I just figured as long as I get my deposit back. I will cut my loses and move on, but I will definitely not let him get away with stealing my money. I will get it back one way or another!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

13. Rocky72

Rocky72
    from Pa.

I had a guy try and rip me off on a motor a few years back , he made every excuse why he couldn't ship the motor and then he wouldn't answer the phone so finally I emailed him and explained what internet fraud was and that if he didn't believe me to check it out . I guess he did because about 3 days later the motor showed up.

Good luck , I hope you get your money .

Rocky

14. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

damn rich that sucks, i was trying to off my 33 and my merc to him for the 37 but he didn't reply back..It really bites when you scramble to get everything together, make a deal, drive 1000 miles and have somebody screw you over...

15. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

Tell me about it!! I have been doing this awhile so I know when someone says it's a 10 I have learned to expect a 7, but for someone to pull what he did?! People never cease to amaze me!...

I know you really want one dude, but do yourself a favor and stay far away from him...

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

16. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Damn Rich that sucks! Sorry to hear about the bad experience. Are you wishing you would have held on to your 37 and 38 coupes? Funny thing is when I had my 37 parts were everywhere. Now that its sold and I'm looking for another one they are either way overpriced or complete rust buckets. Good luck on this one! Wish you all the best Bro.

17. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Rich , Did you get straightened out on this ?