Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen trophy please help wa. State

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ace'sSpeedshop, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Special Ed

Special Ed

Have you contacted the band(s), and the venue it was held at? "Stolen" is quite an indictment of the attendees, if you haven't exhausted all possiblities first.

2. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I don't know Ed, a trophy that says "Best Of Show" would be pretty hard to grab by mistake.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

True but more than one club putting on a show in the PNW has got a call asking how many trophies they are giving out and what classes they have trophies for. We seem to have a number of trophy hunters that decide what show they are going to by the trophies that are given out and who plans on going.

Hopefully it will all the sudden "turn up" and show up where the guys in that club can find it. Like in front of the front door of a business that belongs to one of them or in one's driveway.

4. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

5. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Hey Dude, I am putting the word out here in the South Sound. Hook me up with some contact info so I can get with you if I hear anything

6. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Man, that sucks. I hope you guys get it back and it goes to it's rightful owner. Good luck.

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Maybe that is what happened and someone has it, holding it for him. I had that happen one time. I never stick around at the end of a show for the trophies because I don't care if I win one or not, but someone came up to me at a restaurant and said he had a trophy I won at the last show and he had it at his house for me. I went and picked it up and was glad I did, the thing was like 3 feet tall. :D

Hope that is what is going on here.

Don

8. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

You know man it might sound "bogus" but its not. I'm not trying to get any money from anyone.I havn't asked for anything but help. We just want the trophy back.

But anyways thanks to everyone, The party was on private property owned by the "president" of the Cam Winders.We have talked to the bands and have come up with nothing. We are still looking for the trophy and hope to find it.

9. Special Ed

Special Ed

Understood. I was simply hoping that some kid that was there helping the band load their equipment at 1 AM, was told to; "pick up anything not bolted down, and throw it in the van" type of a deal... :cool:

10. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

If you guys would like some contact info just send me a PM.

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Just a thought. Not sure how big of a town you live in but sometimes on a slow news day the local paper will run stories about stuff like this. If you tell this "human interest" story to the Editor or someone who writes a column about local happenings, you might get it run. I used to write a column for a local small town rag and was always looking for subject matter.

I would go at it as if the trophy were not stolen, but rather someone must be holding it for safekeeping and you need to get in touch with them. If you mention theft the taker will clam up and you will have less chance of recovery. Maybe offer a $50 reward for information leading to the name of the person who has done this good deed. Someone had to see a person carrying something that big out of the place.

It is worth a try.

Don

12. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

Hey Don, good idea I will deffinetly look into that.

13. I build trophies for the NASCAR races at Las Vegas Motor Speedway - If you can't find the stolen one let me know and I'll see if I can put something together.PM me if that's what we need to do.

Attached Files:

14. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

What a douche! I'm good for a few bucks to go toward a new one if that's the route you decide to go. Tell us where to send it to.

15. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I agree, get the local media involved; this is a real tear jerker. Maybe set up a PayPal account, I'd gladly kick in some $$$. Butch/56sedandelivery.

16. Normal Norman

Normal Norman
    from Goshen IN.

The "thief" was probably drinking/drunk and didn't use his best judgment. I'd bet he regrets it now but would be too embarrassed to give it back. Hope he/she comes to their senses. Normal Norman

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

So, now they're stealing TROPHIES!!? WTF

18. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

Alright guys we are not trying to take anyones money, if everything comes down to it and you would like to donate money we will set up a Paypal account for him. I'm not trying to blow you people off that are offering money up. But after this being call bogus we really dont feel comfortable taking peoples money. Once again thanks to everyone.

19. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Ace, I think he meant your CNC operator was blowing smoke, not you.

20. candyman

candyman

Naw guys... no money.... this trophy was stolen. Straight up. This isn't about money. We can take money out of our club fund if needed. I looked at the thing not too long before it was stolen and had actually moved it back a few inches so it didn't get hit or anything.

This is about the gentleman who won the thing and having his memory stolen when he has so few left. We just want the douche bag who stole the thing to bring it back or get it back. No questions asked. I don't think the man's son has told him yet but time is short. It is about the principle of it all.

The guy has parkinson's btw. I know ace said cancer. His son couldn't fit the trophy in his trunk and simple needed to get his father home due to the serious pain he is in. The guy is so weak he can hardly talk. His car was beautiful. I mean perfect. It is a long story. But the basic fact is.... a douche bag stole the man's glory and needs to bring the trophy back before he finds out it was stolen. I bet the asshat beats up old ladies and steals candy from kids too.... sheesh!

21. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I don't think anyone has said it yet... Around here, anything that is metal and not bolted down is being eyeballed by multiple scrappers.

They practically fight with each other on trash night coming through our neighborhood picking up old grilles, wheels, shovels, etc left in the trash.

I hate to say it, but I bet this is in someones scrap pile...

I hope not. Hope someone grabbed it to hold onto for the old guy and the communication just isn't working yet.

DEFINITELY get an article and a photo in the local paper. That would likely stir up the bushes...

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

This is a lot like the idiots who steal Ronald McDonald from in front of the store. What can they ever do with it? You can't show it to anyone. That is my thinking on suggesting you put it in the paper. Once it is locally known to be stolen the thief will never be able to tell anyone he won it, so he will have no reason to keep it, it would be useless to him.

Don

23. gatz

gatz

Exactly, ...sorry if it came off the wrong way, Ace

24. jabberwoki

jabberwoki
    from puyallup

I have a cool trophy that could be easily re purposed pm me i`m in puyallup and i`ll give it to you.

25. I got one from Chris,s hotrods in Medford I love it but am willing to give it up for this.

26. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

That is a damn shame there stealing trophies now!!! Probably in someone's garage showing his stolen trophy off... What is this world coming to?

27. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

Im sorry but in my drinking days I would hung out with ronald everynight had he been at my house, Put hats and funny shart on him...

This really sucks that this happened, But am I the only one that wants to see this bad ass car?

28. candyman

candyman

I am sorry that we don't have pictures of the car at this time. On the bright side... he also won a photo shoot with Gordy Lee Photography and the winner of the 2012 Miss Camwinder pin up pageant.

29. thats the bummer abiout living so close to "METHLAHAM! HOME OF THE FIRST METHODEST!" DAMM LOWLIFE! thing is you keep your ears peeled and it might not be today but somebody will talk and you will discover your thief! thats when payback is the sweetest!

30. camwinders

camwinders
    from graham

Thank y'all for the overwhelming response concern and willing help ...we now have the original trophy back and just presented it to its rightful owner !

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012