Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car club info help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by superstockcatalina, Jul 22, 2012.

1. im trying to start a new car club here in florida. trying to come up with a name that hasnt been taken but liked a few that are already in use....how does it work if you were to use a name like imperials but has been taken? obviously different colors and logo...but what else or is that a biiiiig no no even if were in a different state? if so, anyone know any traditional style names? also is there anything i would have to do like register with the state so they dont treat us like a biker gang? ive heard here they do stuff like that.

2. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

i would call it "The dont start this thread on the hamb because you will get shit about it no questions asked and you will get a bunch of asses making dumb comments at your expense car club"...seriously i have seen it happen way too many times...get together with like minded people and discuss the name,yes i know how stupid it is that this happens on a traditional rod and custom forum but it does.

3. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, have you talked this over with other potential members of the Club? or is this just your club? why do you want to start a club?

5. What the hell's wrong with bikers?

6. What do the other members wanna call it? You should ask them first or actually get other guys to start a club with you

7. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

A few friends and I tossed around the idea of forming club a while ago. I looked at a ton of plaques on the site mentioned above and also on the o'brien truckers. Some names like "road angels" "Pharrohs" have been used across the country many times. I think it would be really cool to ressurrect an old club from your area. I bet if you search hard enough you may even be able to find some former members in the area.

Also, these threads always catch a lot of flack. If you and your friends all want a club then do it and have fun with it.

8. thanks guys for not giving me too much shit like most people on this site feel the need to. well, believe it or not i know a few people who may be in for it but thus far its my wife "swanky61" and myself to start. theres a few clubs nearby that just dont operate the traditional way or even have jackets or even traditional style plaques...which is funny to me, i guess i just like the way clubs used to always wear the jackets and actually take the cars out instead of t shirts and basically driving hot rodded datson trucks and windshield less rat rods with more rust than steel and sit around drinking...drinking and drinking rather than cruisin and working on eachothers shit. back in nc where im from, i used to know greasers who actually owned a 50s car and drove it..DAILY. nowadays it seems like theres more psychobilly ratrodders with some contraption on wheels if they even owned a car. i guess i just really dig super traditional clubs and cars. right down to bias plys and wearing a heavy wool club jacket at shows in 100 degree heat.

9. oh....i know you wont agree but...THE MOCKERS C.C. if you like the beatles you may recognize it. hint...mods, rockers

10. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I think it would be really cool to ressurrect an old club from your area. I bet if you search hard enough you may even be able to find some former members in the area.

Not a bad idea.
    When I started my club back in 1996 we just went for it. Started out fresh with a name that was new. But if there is a dead club from your area who were into what you are I say go for it.

11. Any of these guys still around?

Attached Files:

12. sounds to me like you're way more into the idea of the car club image than anything else.

NOBODY wears a wool jacket in 100* weather unless they are really trying to make a point, posers, gluttons for punishment or just plain stupid.

i am a 2nd Generation member of Embers CC So. Cal. Est. 1960. My dad was a prominent member with a good memory and perspective. in 1960 they wore club SHIRTS as did ALL of the prominent clubs in clubland. why? because its just plain stupid to wear a heavy coat when its hot.

if you wanna club it... make sure you know what your priorities are.

13. Their rides don't have enough wheels :D

14. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Resurrecting an old club name sounds good, but be sure to track down any old members and get the nod before you do. I've always liked classic names, like those in old musical groups - Embers (above), Imperials, etc.. And names from the past that were influenced by pop culture, icons, etc. For example much of the world went "Egyptian" crazy when the old Pharaoh's tombs were first opened. In southern Illinois, the University at Carbondale's school mascot / name is the Saluki's (Egyptian dog), the paper is the Egyptian, etc. There is even a town down that way named Cairo (but of course it's pronounced Kay-ro like the syrup).

For a laugh, how about the "Pharaoh's CC of (your town)." The women's auxillary could be the FairHo's. Har har, Gary

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  15. kennkat

kennkat

YEA, what he said!!!

16. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I'm still waiting for someone to get the balls to start the Roadster Disciples..

[​IMG]

17. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

you wear those funny shorts and helmets to start with.....lol

18. Helmet... I have no choice in the matter, I'm in NY where it's law. :mad:

Funny shorts.... Never!

Although I bought a pair of spandex bicycle shorts for a brother once. :D

He actually wore them! :eek: You would have laughed your ass off. ;)

19. Quintin

Quintin

me and a few buds are starting a club. not trying to get huge just have fun....
    Jolly Rogers C.C.

20. BadLuck

BadLuck

we did the exact same thing. Great site for club names. many are no longer around and can be revived with a new style logo and plaque. We also did a thread asking for any info on the old club, we got nothing back.. so we moved forward with the new club.

21. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

After seeing your post about starting a car club and seeing your avitar, I think I have a perfect name for your club and doubt it's been taken.

FLat Blacks

I checked my list and don't have any clubs with that name on our Car Club Plaques site.