Register now to get rid of these ads!

Air Inducment Supercharging

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dolmetsch, Jul 15, 2012.

1. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I don't remember the air jet being annular, rather one jet positioned in the center of the taper...Where in the taper, taper/diameter/length was pretty picky..I'd go find the issue of HRM but its hotter than hell in my attic; pretty sure was in an early to mid sixty's issue..HRM used to have archeology link/search in their web site but I never could make it work..

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  2. Garyr

Garyr

How much power gain do you expect to gain? I think your talking ounces of boost rather than pounds of boost and that's at WOT. I'm intreaged at the amount of brain power involved to get marginal returns in terms of horsepower and in my opinion you can adapt a purpose designed power adder to what ever your favorite engine and just drive on down the road. I realize that gains are there but there are more if you just put the proper sized supercharger on your motor and save innovation like this to "cheat" in a stock class where superchargers aren't allowed, like Smokey Yunick would have done.

3. Bin there done that. Long ago. The idea just intriqued me.I wish I still had the old Mexh Illustrated article. However the HTM would be ok too.
    "Just buy the proper supercharger etc." I am looking in the summint catolgue $2000 at least. That is a lot of gold for me . Here is one I put together in 1975. It is a manusun and was done long before they were in the automotive supercharger business. I made the drive from Chev Vega and Ford Pinto timing belt parts.
    Looking for small inexpensive power gains is real fun actally. Eventually you find big combined power gains and you learn a lot along the way.
    The other car , the bantam is another blower project from the same era. I had a 170 slant six in this with a turbo from a corvair. This car one an absolute pile of money $1000s) and was owned and driven by Stu Denyes while I supplied the power plants. This was its first ever outing at Cayuga (now TMP) in the mid seventies. This car like my current of dragster would fit in the back of a long box. With this one you could even close the tailgate.
    It caused quite a stir in its day. Stu made so much racing this car he actually had it painted! Back then NO ONE was interested in Turbos. A few years later , not long actually Accel tried for awhile. This one worked flawlessly.
    People said the same thing to us back then. "Why bother when you ..............etc etc".
    don

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012