Register now to get rid of these ads!

In need of glass '29 shell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Koz, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Koz

Koz

I have the need for a 'glass '29 roadster shell. This is just the basic, no doors, jump over type thing, street weight, nothing special. I used to get them from AI but I don't think they are making them anymore. Anybody know of another source?

2. 22 track

22 track

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Theres a guy from pa that sells bodies at shows .At hershey carlisle for around 1500.I cant find his name ,But Ill keep looking,,,

4. Koz

Koz

I've seen that guy as well. I never get a card or anything and can't remember his info either. I have a client who would like to build a mega cheep driver type rod and need an inexpensive body I don't have to put a ton of patch panels in.

I'll keep looking.

5. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I cant find his card ,I bought my body off him,Its alot of work though ,You have to build all the inner structures ,But for 1500 what do you expect ......I think he does macungie and hershey,hes in that area,,,,,,,,,,The showdown Ill look for him............plus Ill keep looking for his card......

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  6. Koz

Koz

Thanks John and 22! The BeBops is a good body but way too much cash for this project.

7. SATANSSHO4

SATANSSHO4

8. Smizzle

Smizzle

Bringing a thread back from the dead. Did anybody ever find this guy? Id be interested as i cant really afford a Brookville.

9. Koz

Koz

I'm going to McCungie in August. The one fellow has always been vending there. I'll get info and post up. I aked some of the Wheels of Time guys I know who run that show and nobody knows how to contact him. There's is supposidly a fellow in Michigan or Ohio or someplace but I havn't found any info on him yet.

I should pull a buck of of a stocker and go to town! I know of a fiberglas shop near here that could shoot them in chopper.

10. cbillelder

cbillelder

Check out Poliform in Santa Cruz, California. I bought one of their bodies about ten years ago for a project. As I recall, they were $750-$800 at the time.
    Their quality is fine. I have one of their '27 T roadster bodies on my car that I've had completed for 14 years.

11. Koz

Koz

To the best of my knowledge Poliform is no longer in business, (?). There A bodies were sweet but alas, in the big bucks range. I'm looking for an inexpensive, entry level A roadster. The AI bodies used to fill the bill nicely for customers who just want something cool to tool around in on a budget. Mostly jumpovers, I could have them a roller for about $7,500, well within a lot of folks budgets a lot of them can afford.

This type of car is not for everyone. But it works for some.

12. 22 track

22 track

13. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Koz.I hope to see that guy around .He got real sick last year.....

14. j walking

j walking

have one for $1500 if interested?

15. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Poliform is still in business, but Dick Williams has moved the biz to Chico.
    The '29 roadster body he had was for competition only, (body was very thin, needs lots of structure...Dick refused to sell one to a guy that was going to build a street roadster. (and the guy was putting it on Deuce rails)
    I have my second Poliform '27 roadster body, was 'cloning' my steel one that got stolen. Great glass.
    Then I found my steel tub. Building both...

16. Koz

Koz

Thanks for the info for future use. That particular car is built and long on the road.