Register now to get rid of these ads!

Amish cruising near Syracuse

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by markl350, Jul 23, 2012.

1. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Dude, worst part is, once I found that website, I actually sat here and read all about Amish fuckin' buggies... Turns out the Belleville Amish use yellow buggies, so that one above probably isn't photoshopped... Great. More useless information, and another hour of my life I can never have back. :confused:

2. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yea, but that limo is photoshopped. Poorly.

4. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

I always wanted to get in the back seat with a Amish chic:D

5. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Ok hot shot but they do have 4 of these "Amish Buggies not 3 miles from my cousins house in Strassburg Pa. AND they are used to give local tours!The "Amish Village" I mentioned is also located in or near Strassburg By the way I get my Amish history directly from my cousins Amish friends were do you get yours?

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

About 10 years ago my then GF and I went back to Ohio for her class reunion, then we drove through Pa to my old stomping grounds. After that we drove across the State and stopped in Pennsylvania Dutch country for a day. We did the buggy ride, ate at a farm restaurant, and generally enjoyed every minute of it. Very friendly people, and of course I had to take her picture next to the sign that says "Welcome to Intercourse ". :D

Things must really be changing for the Amish if their kids are drinking and hot rodding buggies.

Don

7. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Intercourse isn't very far from Blueball Don! might be different in Ohio or other Amish settlements but in Pa. Amish boys until they turn 18 get to act pretty much like any other kids BUT at 18 they have to decide to live strictly Amish or leave the group forever.What I said about Amish buggies not using rubber tires was told to me directly by an Amishman that owns a wagon factory in the Narvon Pa. area. I have family that live right in the middle of "Amish country" They made a living driving Amish people around like picking up livestock at auctions and even driving groups of newly weds to Niagra Falls for their Honeymoons a favorite spot for them too!You will see some stretched wagons for tours in this link.http://www.800padutch.com/y/amishvillage.html My family lives about 6 minutes from the RR museum now

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  8. How is it that an amusing thread turned into a pissing match and Intercourse?

9. markl350

markl350

Man...I started this thread cause I thought it was funny...it's always gotta go there!

10. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Good. Then it shouldn't be hard for you to get a non-photoshopped pic. Maybe your cousin's friends Dad's neighbor who isn't Amish can snap one...

I already posted where I got my information from. It has real photos to back the information up.

11. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

If they're racing for pinks, what does the winner get? The horses or the buggy?

12. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

Ciip clop, clip clop, clip clop BANG..........Amish drive by shooting!:D

13. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

You guys know what an Amish hybrid is don't you???

A buggy powered by a Mule.

14. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I don't know according to the Amish info. posted our area, Lancaster, PA buggies are black , grey, white and yellow ?
    I lived in the area 66 years and never seen a white or yellow one ?
    I sold my farm to a young Amish couple years ago and can tell you they have some wild party's .

A few years ago they busted a bunch of Amish kids in New Holland, Pa ( where they owned a bar) selling drugs they got from the Pagans MC club to other kids

15. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Just go to the link I posted yesterday and search a little there are some pictures of real extended tour buggies there some are in the parking lot of Stassburg RR. I admit you are right I did not look close at the "Tour Bus" pic BECAUSE I had seen real ones not 2 weeks ago. I just though someone grabbed a pic of one from some tourist brochure. I've spent roughly 2 months total in Lancaster County over several years My information on Buggies in that area comes from an Amish wagon shop owner not some book written by an outsider.Your talking shit you don't know personally.Never saw any other color than gray, pale blue, or black wagons anywhere around there and was told by the builder that was the only colors allowed there. He's Amish he builds and sells wagons to other Amish I think he knew what he was saying!

16. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

(I grew up in NE PA/NW NJ. I'm from there. I've been to Lancaster more times than I can count. I still have handmade Amish crafts and toys my folks bought me when I was a kid.)

Pissing match over. Back to the funny shit.

17. BigDaddySteamRoller

BigDaddySteamRoller
    from Phila, PA

Its also a stones throw from Bird-in-Hand Pa

18. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Ok at the risk of pissing you off Intercourse Pa. is a major town there when Named back in the 1700S it was the jumping off point to Kentucky which pretty much was the rest of the known world here. It was the end of the Colonies all roads ended there so it was the Intersection or "Intercourse" of the Colonies.Had I been just told to look at that Amish limo pic again that it was a photo shopped image I'd have been fine with that I take exception to people Talking shit and calling names I did not intend or wish to kill the thread just pass on a bit of info I got directly from Lancaster County Amish folk who have been very nice people to me and my family.

19. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Ok just saw this post agreed I will not post more here about Amish I got a couple answers I posted before reading this

20. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Another thread killed by RagtopBuick aka the post count Troll.