Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Help finding info on my car.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gallichio, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Gallichio

Gallichio

Hello Fello H.A.M.B.s

I was wondering if anyone knows how I can find out more info on who built my Fiberglass 32 Roadster Highboy. I purchased the car form the Volo museum in ILL. They could not tell me much about the car. It was titled to a man in Wisconsin and the title said previously titled in New York. I would like to know more about the car like the 383 stroker engine build info and who made the body. I have tried the on line title searches and they can't tell me anything because the vin is to short. The Vin number is ******** I tried to get in touch with the previous owner and no luck. If I asked a cop to run the number would any of this info show up? Anyone know how I could find out more info or how to go about getting this info? any help would be deeply appreciated. I have learned a great deal about this car from this and other websites but need to know more. This is a photo my car on the left . I just installed a new metal hood on it and I think it turned out nice. The leather straps were done by my twin brother and me. The straps were inspired by this website.

Thanks
    Mike

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  2. Maybe the D.M.V. might be able to help. I once was at an well known auction bidding on a 61 Old's Convertible and was only bidding against one other bidder. We went back and forth for a while and by the time the other bidder dropped out, we had raised the price by a few thousand dollars. Turned out the other bidder was the PRESIDENT of Volo Museum and it was HIS car. Bastard! Never went to an auction again.

3. Rem

Rem

18-130339 would be an original 1932 Ford V8 chassis number, which could be the correct one for your chassis if it is an original one, or just from a "bought" title if the chassis is repro like the body. I don't know the registration rules in your state, but sometimes it is best not to ask too many questions...

4. Gallichio

Gallichio

Firengine103 and REM,

Thanks for the info. I think the frame is a real one but I am not an expert. I have a clear title registered as a 1932 Ford Roadster. At Volo they have some nice cars from time to time but I am not impressed with the people they have working for them. Enough said.
    Thanks again
    Mike

5. Rem

Rem

Funnily enough, Volo Museum is one of the very few places I have been to in the US, spending a day there last year while working near Chicago. I could easily have spent a couple of days looking round, including the antiques in the other barns. There were some nice cars there, and some slightly dubious ones, but there were one or two at quite attractive prices.

The Roadster looks good in your avatar, but I would have thought the only way to find its history is through the previous owners and if the last one is unavailable or unhelpful you might struggle to get much further. What about posting some bigger photos on here to see if anyone recognises it?

6. if this is true, it is called Shill Bidding and it is both Illegal and in most auctions against their rules as well. It is illegal under the Federal Fraud Act of 2006 and is a Criminal Act. depending on how long ago it was, I would consider going back to both the auction house and the "bidder" with the intent of threat of prosecution demanding the amount that the bidder raised the sale price by, plus damages, and see if you can't get some restitution.