Register now to get rid of these ads!

F.N.G. from Indy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 57specialfodo, Jul 23, 2012.

1. 57specialfodo

57specialfodo

:confused:Checked the site out yesterday and man am i glad I found it! I need some good advice and some tech help regarding my 57 buick special 4dr sedan. As far as the buick goes it is 90% original the 364 nailhead runs perfect and the car drives decent Except for the brakes! since the old bendix Tredelvac took a crap Ihave made up an adapter plate added a mustang II master cyl, with a wilwood prop. valve this system works but the pedal is rock hard and a stop above 30 mph leg pressing the pedal with both feet is definately an adveture! I am wondering about pedal ratio? or if the mustang II M/C has to big of a bore size. for now I just want to make her a solid reacher. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Now as far as future plans. your advice and opinions are greatly appreciated! I am and always have been a gasser freak! I am a ex bracket racer (mostly pontiacs) that fell on hard times. I am ready to go racing again! Iam still on a budget but have always mangaged build decent combos that win! I have a buick 455 sittng on the stand ready to put together with a TH400 I am not planning a full on gasser, maybe JR stock look. Keep in mind I am still on a tight budgit and with the combo I have low to mid 12s is the limit. If anyone is interested I would be willing to sell the 364 or trade. What do you guys think! Let me know and thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. dragonslayer23_9

dragonslayer23_9
    from CALI!!!

3. farmer12

farmer12

Very nice! Welcome from the Netherlands!

4. Welcome to the H.A.M.B

5. Welcome from Wisconsin.

6. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

7. welcome to the hamb from another Buick guy

8. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from the southside. That car looks familiar, been to the Suds lately? Maybe I saw it there.

9. Rodders

Rodders

welcome from chicago