Register now to get rid of these ads!

1963 Belair more door need inspiration

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 62cadd, Nov 19, 2009.

1. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Some guy on here has a flat orange 4 door sedan 63 with a white top and torque thrust,I think it has a cheap paint job as I remember but not sure.
    It looks pretty good but I cant find it???

2. bellydraggin63

bellydraggin63

i know this thread is old, but that orange car is mine. paint is flattened orange basecoat. cost me $60 at the local paint store, shot with a $30 paint gun!

3. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Hi!

I have a '63 Biscayne, it's a 2 door though. Looking to do it very old school. Btw sorry if this post is radically late, I just saw this photo now.

Check out my album of what I have done so far. It's definitely working progress, it was on the road last summer but not at the moment since I'm doing quite a bit of work and running my Olds instead. However, I have a set of '56 Chevy tail lights on the back, did purple rims, the car as you can see is running in primer and a couple white doors. Will eventually be either completely red oxide primer with maroon scallops outlined in white, or off-white with maroon scallops, black opened rims and spiders.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, great to see someone else with a '63 on the site that's not an Impala!!

4. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Wow you've given me inspiration on my ride OG lil E! lol Thank you!! Especially like the flat red '63

5. AntiBling

AntiBling

A 62 moredoor but I like it a whole lot more than flat black, red wheel, white wall "old skool" "rat rod" cookie cutter cars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

I COMPLETELY agree. :D There's a reason people went from speeding around to cruising their old car...especially when they've spent much time and care into it for many years.

7. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Totally know what you mean. Thinking about going with flat purple and various scallops. Flat black is cool but in my town everyone has a flat black car.

8. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

9. Lincolnlver

Lincolnlver

Hey man, are those smoothies? 15X7s? Im trying my best to find the tire size.

10. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

One of my many cars over the years, was 63 4 dr Biscayne, and also one I should have kept. I was going to go the "sleeper" route with it, but instead did a 63 Chevy II wagon. Throw some 4.88's in the rear, a TH350 trans with a loose converter, and a mild 350. Loosen the front end, and stick some Air Ride coil spring stiffener bags in the rear. Toss out anything you can for weight saving, and go "hunting". Plane Jane, 4 dr, with steel rims and dog dish hubcaps will keep it's true purpose hidden. It's just the drag racer in me coming out. Butch/56sedandelivery.

11. relli

relli
    from Virginia

This was my '64 biscayne daily driver for many years. It was a straight six powerglide car and a great candidate to beat the crap out of every day. I shaved everything, slammed it over astros and whitewalls and put thousands of miles on it. I had split manifolds and glass packs. It sounded like a crop duster! ha ha ! It was in white sealer (satin) the whole time but needed freshening up before I sold it. Black was what we had in the shop at the time. If your gonna drive it much, then I think it's worth doing.
    Good luck!

Attached Files:

12. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Actually, sorry, I don't mean to embarrass you but this is a '64 Chevy Bel-Air. Generally though yes the '61-'64 could be categorized under the same style-class!

13. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

NICE...I like that.
    Cheers...

14. Borrowed a photo, but this thing rocks. It should have the same roofline.

Attached Files:

15. Replyign to an ancient thread - but here's mine from a summer ago. Currently undergoing a front suspension redesign to get some suspension travel back and stop dragging it's underside everywhere. Current plan is VERY dark red metallic 15's (Ford Toreador Dark Red Met), 1" pinner whites, baby moons, and trim rings. If I decide I don't like trim rings and baby moons, I may go with Cad or Buick full wheel covers.

Attached Files:

16. oldschoolrodr39

oldschoolrodr39
    from marion,il

heres my 63 belair, looking to do a lace top and dark blue metalflake.

Attached Files: