Register now to get rid of these ads!

seat height?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RPM, Jul 7, 2012.

1. RPM

RPM

So I bought this 27 T truck cab from Russ No More. The top is chopped 7" and it looks really cool. Now where do I find 2 bucket seats that are only 3-4" tall. I need something comfortable too, no lawn or kitchen chair BS.

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Bomber seats are that low and pretty comfortable if you put cushions on them.

[​IMG]

Don

3. cayager

cayager

kirkey racing seats vintage series are small im putting them in an A

Attached Files:

4. afaulk

afaulk

check out the Scat Procar seats from Jegs, with or without headrests, comfortable and reasonably priced

5. big creep

big creep

you know bad bob gave me a great idea about early low back vw seats! they would work great and you can get them done up how ever you like.

6. Old Ford Econoline ('61-'66) and Dodge A-100 van ('64-'69) seats used to be used a lot.

7. Don't forget boat seats (new or old).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Those boat seats will kick your ass!

9. RPM

RPM

Yea and it is a fat one at that! Thanks all for the suggestions. I am going look for some or the Econoline seats or A100 seats

10. Any 50's, 60's, 70's British sportscar. Any small Fiat or other European car prior to 1980.

I've got a set of seats from a Cessna that would be ideal - but I'm in Chester, England.

11. not a set of buckets, but feels like a bucket seat when ya sit in it....also the raised center is perfect for channeled rods

LilBeast009seat.jpg

12. What is that from kid ?

2"-3" off the floor with your legs out staight is a bitch but With your legs bent will be about as uncomfortable as you could ever imagine. The car might be cool to look at, but you will sure be a sight getting out of it.

13. hhhmmmmmmmmmmm i guess i should go out and take a different pic....the seat is 65 mustang rear seat....and it does not sit on the floor.....let me go snap a different pic....be right back;)

14. My bad, should have put to OP on the second part.

15. ok....my topolino is being built for long distance cruise'n,,,,so comfort is standin side by side with "cool"while ii been working on building this thing for 4 years..hell i've thought and re-thought just about everything i've done and am doing thru the process....

the pic above previous post , is without a floor in it so it is a bit deceiving....the seat bottom (where me butt rests) is 8 1/2" off the floor...i'm 5'6" tall, and i sit in it just about the same as i do my 99 jeep cherrokee...which i drive to cincy regularly ....without comfort issues...5oo miles round trip.....i originally decided on this seat cause i figured the trans hump would wrap into the raised part of the seat...but after building a new frame with 4" channel, it isn't required...but i like the comfort and styling of the seat so.....i made it work...

first pic gives better idea of height....
    lil beast pas tin.jpg

second pic is seat installed
    Lil Beast seat height 1.jpg

Dan, (danimal here on the hamb) has sat in the drivers seat and said how comfortable it was..espcally being such a small car,,,and he's a six foot + tall....Jocko here also and he's also 6' + too...although Jocko stated it needed more rise in the front to keep ya from sliding forward....when he was over i had built the seat frame before i changed the ride height of the car due to taller tires in the rear.... so when i finished the seat floor tin, and installed the retainers for the seat, it was easy to adjust the pitch of the seat...and with the sucide doors, ya just back right in and sit down,,,,it's really very easy to get in and out of:cool::cool:

16. ya bet me with your post hahhahah...i must add i also seen a seat like mine when i was down in okc a few years back... in a chopped, channeled and slammed to the dirt model A...and a 6' + dude climbed out of it..he told me he just did 400 miles one way to get to the Tulsa Timing Association's first get together.....

17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

early '60's Mustang buckets are the perfect size, very cheap, and they are comfortable too...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. I'm not sure if they short enough, but what about a corvair?[​IMG]

19. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

T Bird seats, circa 1958 were used a lot. I had them in my 32 rpu years ago. They only sit a few inches off the floor and are low backs.

Don

20. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

why not use riding mower sets? i know why, they're built crappy.

21. I looked at forklift seats a while ago, they are very low, fairly cheap- new and easily avalible, and are normally well rated and come in all diffrent sizes etc.

22. dadsdreamcar

dadsdreamcar

You may want to check out the back seat out of a second gen camaro. Those can be found dirt cheep.

23. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

'67 camaro, shouldnt cost too much for some good cores either.....

24. Don't laugh but I used 81 Subaru sedan seats, they are close to the floor and they are comfortable and cheap.

Lee

25. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

early Mustang seats are great not too wide and very low 1965 6 7 8

26. dexleo2

dexleo2

I am using Jeep seats out of a 78 CJ something or other.... Bought on ebay for dirt cheap. don't know about the ride yet since the car is a long way from done.. But they will look good.... maybe....

27. If your looking for bucket seats the early Mustangs work great. HRP

28. tackspitter

tackspitter

Ya' gotta build a seat to fit you to the car. As I did in these and many others . [​IMG][​IMG]

29. tackspitter

tackspitter

Sorry 'bout the size and thought I got the 2 .Here is the 2nd . Both have less than 2" of foam in the thin part and are extremely comfortable . Each car was fit to the driver[​IMG]