Register now to get rid of these ads!

6 to 12 volt wiper conversion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marv norton, Jul 24, 2012.

1. marv norton

marv norton

Was wondering if anyone was converted their positive grounded 6 volt wiper motor to 12 volt negative ground. What I need to do is convert my wiper sysytem to 12 voly and try to keep at as much stock as possible?

Marv Norton
    [email protected]

2. I have to do the same on my 48 chrysler...6v to 12v.....the motor doesn't care about polarity...it will run either way...I'm going to look for a 12 late model motor and just make it fit....running a 6v motor on 12 v should be interesting...I'm going to do just that to see what happens....maybe some kind of a resistor might work for you...I personally don't care for that idea...until I get things sorted out, I'm using Rain X, or not driving in rain.

3. Gromit

Gromit

Heater blower motor resistor. The one out of my Jeep YJ was half voltage. just make sure it's where it can get cool air. Free at wrecker, I pulled it with other bits.