Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

That rear fender looks solid. 59 wagons are cool.

2. Here is a couple that I found not long ago rusting away.

Attached Files:

3. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

I like this picture of a '59 Park...that black paint is still "nice".

Attached Files:

4. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

This previously restored cab was in a garage fire. New owner plans to 'fix it up!'

Attached Files:

5. RayMiller

RayMiller

There's a whole lotta cool stuff there especially the 51 Chevy that's nose is showing on the right. Where's that stuff at?

6. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

7. CFNUTCASE and all....that wagon is a rare Chrysler by the trim and tailights....the dash should be Chrysler too....it just has a Plymonth front end...

8. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Small town Alberta today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. fts55

fts55
    from guthrie ok

I want hat '59 wagon! Where in the desert is it?!

10. davidh73750

davidh73750

man that appears to be a nomad by the trim. love to have that thing for parts I bet the rest is gone

11. abone1930

abone1930

Whats the deal on the truck, for sale?

12. knucklenutz

knucklenutz

Out searching for parts for my EAB one day last week...........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

My grandfathers old chevy 1 ton flatbed, only has 48,000 miles on it, the body, and grill are still in excellent shape. Been sitting there since 1956!
    [​IMG]

14. uncle buck

uncle buck

woody

Attached Files:

15. nightowlrodandcustom

nightowlrodandcustom
    from lindsay

my hart hurts.it sunk down more and more after every page. if i had that much laying around id let any one low ball me to get it back to good use.i cant stand talking to a old fart with somthing that could be saved and then he tells me id rather it rot then sell it its not worth anything then he gets pist when i tell him fine ill get it out of your yard for free the next line is i think its time for you to leave and not come back.(dick) as i walk away so he can hear it to piss him off more.

i dont belive in yard art

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  16. Taff

Taff

no offence intended my friend, but none of the stuff pictured is yours. and each and every owner of the stuff pictured can do exactly as he pleases with it, without consulting you.
    thats democracy for you, right there ;)

17. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Dicks like you are the reason half the old timers won't part with the stuff.

18. davidh73750

davidh73750

its all about the approach as well. I've bought a lot of cars/trucks that nobody could buy. catch more flies with sugar than vinegar.

19. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Its good to see there is still a lot of old stuff out there. twenty years ago there were scrap yards full of old cars here in the UK but new environmental laws and the value of land means they are all gone. I don't know of a single one anywhere, there use to be about five within half an hour of where I live. I love this thread!.

David

20. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Exactly. I dont necessarily believe in "yard art" either, but sometimes these old cars & trucks hold quite a value to their (present) owners. I've talked to some people where the old car or truck was their grandpa's.... and to them they dont ever want to sell it since its the last thing of theirs they have left.

Im always entirely respectful the whole time, and I take the time to listen to them. Afterwards I tell them, "If you ever change your mind, or if your ever in a pinch, give me a call. I promise it will go to a very good home, and no it wont ever be 'rat rodded' either."

I've had quite a few call backs that way. If people were see where your intentions are, and what kind of person you are, (as in NOT a scrapper or someone that'll use a nice complete vehicle as parts) then they'll be numerous times more open to parting with it.

But if people are total ass-hats like "Nightowlrodandcustom" then all that does is close the doors permanently for everybody.
    So to him, that attitude is a fantastic way to insure that these cars & trucks do in fact stay as yard art, and nothing else. So truth be told you're only shooting yourself in the foot with that attitude. Being confrontational (sound familiar?) or coming across like some foul-talking douche bag is absolutely NO way to go about finding good old cars or trucks.

EDIT: ANYWAY, here are some more pics. First off, everything you see here is for sale. If you want it, PM me. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of old cars & trucks near our farm in Southern Sask. Partial gallery here, I just ran out of time to snap more pics. Its honestly endless. Tell me what you want (just so long as its not a '32-34 Coupe/Roadster/Sedan) and chances are I can find it.
    http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii312/Graham_A_M/CarsandTrucks/#!cpZZ6QQtppZZ12

(Yes this is a Diamond T, complete. Ran when parked, but the husband died, and she couldn't drive it as a manual so its been sitting ever since. Its not too far from my dads farm).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  21. flatoutflyin

flatoutflyin

Just found these from a couple of years ago. Gracious old fellow had collected Cadillac cars and parts for 40 years. These a just a fraction of what had - at least four convertibles, plus a '38 Plymouth convertible inside.

Attached Files:

22. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

Why do these same photos repeatedly get shown on this site?
    Am I missing something?

23. threeston

threeston

people quote others, and don't know how, or care to remove image tag data, so the same pictures get repeated over a span of like 3 pages. unless I misunderstood the question

24. [CJ]

[CJ]

Found these two at a local yard. Looks like a 57 pontiac and a 63-64 f100.

Attached Files:

25. RayMiller

RayMiller

Because over the course of the thread people forget that it has been posted or it gets quoted and so on not a big deal.

26. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

I ran across this one today, and decided it should go home with me.

[​IMG]

Stay tuned. I'll post more pics of our adventure to get it to the shop.

27. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Cool! Thanks for saving it!:D

28. noboD

noboD

Neatest one of these puppies I saw had a 454 in it, giant tires, eevrything hidden under stock body. I think it was the same color.

29. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Just rescued this one. Was a friends grandfathers truck.

48 Chevy 5 window 1/2 ton. Same owner since 1951. Backed into the barn in 1989, and left the keys in the ignition.

Pics. are before it was cleaned up. Truck now runs and drives again, and will make someone a real nice truck....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

30. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

^ Wow thats just mint. Great score. That Nash Metropolitan was really cool too. Never seen one of those just sitting around before.