Register now to get rid of these ads!

Oldsmobile's * Lets see Yours

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ZZ-IRON, Aug 4, 2008.

1. 1960 Olds Dynamic Wagon.
    Just finishing it up for my daughter, this weekend.
    This was / is the maiden voyage, after setting since 1978.

Attached Files:

2. Hooch

Hooch
    from Iowa

3. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Sweeet Oldsmoblies!!

4. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

This is a car we see at most of the local shows. '33 Olds 3 window coupe. Gotta be rare.

Attached Files:

5. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Been enjoying this Olds for around 15 years now. Can't help but change it up as years go by, but this is what it looks like right now.

[​IMG]

6. I am a huge Olds fan, sold my '64 Starfire cpe, to a guy in Switzerland, to help pay for the honeymoon.:confused: Miss it everytime I step out in the garage. Owned it for 26yrs. Now struggling to restore my '64 Starfire convertible. These damn cars are not cheap to restore!! Engine costs alone will break the bank of the average workin' class man.

Found this one for sale, not too far away...and it's been killing me, trying to figure out a way to snatch it up. '64 Dynamic 88, all original and FULL POWER, with a Starfire engine and A/C. Had to be a special ordered car, by a Hot Rodder, back in the day. :cool: This is akin to having a Belair with a 409 and power windows. How rare is that. Anybody got 3gs I can borrow??:( Think I will go buy a lottery ticket today. :)

Am not one to give up easy...on the resto job or acquiring this rare gem.

JT
    Orlando Misfires C.C.
    [​IMG]

7. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

First rod I ever built was this 36. Sold it in the late 80's. A fellow Hamb'er saw it on Craigslist a few years ago in Denver--it was stripped and dead. Called and tried to buy it back but the guy did not belive me.Would not return my calls. Typical, as soon as I sold it the new owner claimed he built it and from there it's history changed. So if anyone in the Denver area bought a 36 2 door sedan with a nova clip--I painted it blue--then it went to a bad pink--and then a strange purple--let me know.

Attached Files:

• 697.jpg
      697.jpg
      File size:
      284 KB
      Views:
  8. teufelhund

teufelhund

Hey guys! Have any of you put a sbc in your 49 or 50? Im trying to figure outt he best way to moount it in the bay! I have a hurst mount on the front of the block and I was wondering if anyone else might possibly have it set up the same!Let me know! Thanks

9. justonemore

justonemore

well.....I thought I had a better pic of the actual mount. '49 6 cylinder model and it's a 350/700R4 set up. The rear mount was very easy. Unbolted the stock one and made my own that bolted right in. Plenty of clearance on the hump. It was an automatic car. I had a street rod shop show me a very simple way to make the mounts with a flat top piece and a vertical bottom piece centered and the a thick walled tube for the bolt at the end. Have done it on several cars. Very easy and very strong. I'll try and find a better pic. The stock steering makes the driver side exhaust tough, but I had a stock manifold that rear dumps off of an early '80's camaro that worked.

Attached Files:

10. kustomkid18

kustomkid18

56 olds.jpg

56 olds current.jpg

My 56 Olds 2-door post 88. Bought the car as a high school graduation present to myself in 2003 and drove it for a season before tearing into it, is an incredible rust free new england car that the previous owner "customized" by gluing 1000's of flat colered glass beads onto wherever he found room (both inner fenderwells were completely covered, firewall, inside the grille, radiator & support, valve covers, intake, aircleaner, entire interior panels, etc.......) Upon removal of about 7, 5 gallon buckets full of glass vase beads, the car gained 2'' of front wheel to fenderwell clearance. Currently undergoing a full mechanical rebuild, to include the original 324 sans its original 2 barrel in favor of a vintage Weiand 2-4 setup with original carbs. (Very) Slowly working towards turing her into a full blown (proper) Kustom (NO GLASS ORNAMENTATION THIS TIME!) after I get her up and running again, plans for her include a chop (by Dave "Glassguy") and 56 Packard Tailights with a 64 galaxie interior.

11. cisco88

cisco88

Just got this back, and after so many years of having. This is the end result on the paint. Still need to put the trim back on. Hope you all like it.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

13. olds vroom

olds vroom

14. **Neons**

**Neons**

Cisco
    That 2 tone paint looks beautiful. i like the colors. The trim is going to bring the finish out. I love the colors.
    Good Luck.
    **Neons** Bob

15. cisco88

cisco88

Thank you Bob, yeah I'm gonna be putting that trim back hopefully this coming weekend. Just need to finish polishing it. I am very happy with it and it felt great riding it over the weekend.

16. Johnnyolds98

Johnnyolds98

Mine ... 'just' a 4 dr Sedan but not many Ninety Eights around (at least not over here in Germany) :p

[​IMG]

17. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Hey Frank, That thing looks incredible! I remember being impressed with the bodywork you did back in the days when it was parked at Robs house. I cant waqit to hopefully stripe this one day!

18. cisco88

cisco88

Thanks Anthony. She looking mighty good man, and yeah i can't wait to get you to stripe it. Need to get you down here soon.

19. Colville

Colville

Nothing wrong with a 4 door... clean lookin olds!

20. UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

My 60,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers.

Russ.

mario711 likes this.
  21. Johnnyolds98

Johnnyolds98

Thanks.

I think the Ninety Eights sedans really do look good as 4 doors as the proportions of the longer trunk area compared to the 88s do compensate very well for the high roof. Still giving a nice silhoutte when lowered. Love my Olds - although having 4 doors... :D

My dream is one day to get my hands on a '56 98 coupe - a kustom right from the factory.

This however shall not be understood as an affront against the 88s - just prefer the looooong look of the 98s. ;)

My car is lowered by 2,5" all around using Blocks and cut front springs and rides like a dream.

Have had to rework the grill as the middle part was pretty rusted and I liked the shark-whale like big mouth of the grill without the divider.

Also did some shaving of the emblems and the antenna to have a 'cleaner' look.

Next thing is a new paint job that will put the roof to the same color as the lower body color to pronounce the bullet shaped trim lines by letting the color flow around the lines. Additionally this should also lower the roof line optically without the need of a hair cut for the 98.

There's some really nice Olds here in the HAMB. Love 'em! To my mind a falsely underrated brand.

22. Colville

Colville

Sounds like you've got some good plans and are really enjoying it. Thats what its all about. I could go for either, I like the 88's and the 98's both great cars and I think Oldsmobiles have some of the best chrome and lines :D

23. Johnnyolds98

Johnnyolds98

Anyone here ever heared of or tried to redirect the gas filler to behind the left tail light on a 1956 98?

With the shape of the tail light housing it should be possible to build a hinge mechanism that allows the light to swing up revealing the gas filler ...

Doesn't sound like an idea too much out of this world - Caddies had it from factory in a similar way.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

24. mattcrp1

mattcrp1

Did anyone catch the latest December 2012 Rod and Custom? It has a nice '64 Holiday coupe in it. Does any one have pics of this car

25. tommy v

tommy v

heres my new ride [​IMG]

mario711 likes this.
  26. 40grit

40grit

Sold it a few years ago. I think she is in South Carolina now. I enjoyed building the car a lot. She is also a J-2 car.

John L

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

27. Kirk Wilmes

Kirk Wilmes
    from Altus, OK

Here is a pic of the engine I'm putting in my 50 Merc.

55 Olds 324" bored .60 over, custom grind cam, Mooneyes timing cover, brass marine water pump, Edelbrock 4x2 intake with Holley 94's. It will be mated to a 49 Merc OD 3-speed

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  28. young olds

young olds

Here is mine, still too far away from being on the ground again.

Attached Files:

29. Kirk Wilmes

Kirk Wilmes
    from Altus, OK

Here is a pic of the engine I'm putting in my 50 Merc.
    55 Olds 324" bored .60 over, custom grind cam, Mooneyes timing cover, brass marine water pump, Edelbrock 4x2 intake with Holley 94's. It will be mated to a 49 Merc OD 3-speed

Attached Files:

30. Erkenbrand

Erkenbrand
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Rochester NY HAMBers

Here's my '53 98 in all of its moredoor beauty. I picked it up a few weeks ago. So far, I've pulled out several pounds of rat, mouse, squirrel droppings and homes. It spent 20+ years in a barn. The floors and rockers are beat, but the rest is in great shape.

Under the hood it has a '55 324 that's running bolted to a hydramatic. I'm hoping to have it driving this month, and then I'll spend the winter getting the body straight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]