Register now to get rid of these ads!

16 6 lug steel wheels?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cakes, Jul 22, 2012.

1. cakes

cakes

Anyone know where you can find a set other than scrounging through the junk yard? I have been searching high and low and I can't find anything.

I am looking for 16x6-16x8

2. There might be a set in the local yard... are you looking for 2 of each, or 4 of either :)?

3. If you are runnin hubcaps-the 2002 chevy pickups were 16" -7"ers I believe ,still with same 6 bolt pattern.....my 2006 has 17" 6 hole......

4. cakes

cakes

I'm looking for a full set of one width

5. t5stang91

t5stang91

i have a set off my 48 chev if that is what you are looking for. pm if interested

6. Will be heading to the yard tomorrow morning- will let you know what I find. You're only a few hours away, and we get to Charlotte and Sanford ever so often, so getting them to you shouldn't be too difficult :)

7. hinklejd

hinklejd
    from Fort Worth

Chevy 1/2 ton 4wd pickups from '88 on up and all trucks starting in the '99 body style have a 6x5.5 bolt pattern, and I believe the steels in the 99-04(?) were a 16x6. They switched to a 17" wheel starting in about '05. Now it's getting more difficult to find a factory steel wheel...I guess the markup is higher on an alloy wheel.

8. squirrel

squirrel

The offset on the late model truck wheels isn't too good for the older trucks....

9. cakes

cakes

I am aware of that Jim, it is a napco wanna be, its a 57 Gmc on an 86 jimmy chassis, it has 33x12.50 on some shitty mid 90s chrome 15s. I hate the wheels and tire that are currently on it and want to change to something that looks more period for the body of the truck. I never really plan on doing any serious off roading; a little more gas mileage and piece of mind is what I'm going for

This is the truck as it sat a few weeks ago

[​IMG]

10. squirrel

squirrel

many many years ago I had some 8" wide steel 15s with the original 1950s type center, I think they were aftermarket wheels. I expect you could get some made.

The original style 16" wheels were really narrow...you might be able to get some of them widened. Wont' be cheap, but it would be what you really need to make the truck look right, or as right as it can look with that modern stuff under it.

The later model wheels won't look right at all. The wheels that are on it are 1970s looking. I'd rather have them, than 90s-2000s wheels.

11. cakes

cakes

I agree completely, I plan on running 7.50x16 on the older wheels, I really do like the look of the napco trucks on period rubber. (I just cant afford a real one)Right now the current tires stick out past the fenders and rub like hell over anything larger than a small speed bump. with narrow 16s and 7.50s they should be well inside the fender wells and let me tow when I need to

12. squirrel

squirrel

I should look in the barn....I don't know how many 16s I have. They're narrow.

13. I have a set of 5 but they came off a '51 GMC. Georga is kind of far away to ship something that heavy. I am in Oklahoma. I also have the ones from my '58 but I want to hang on to them in case I ever swap my truck back on to my spare original frame.

14. cakes

cakes

I'm in South Carolina not GA, make me a good enough and I'll pay for shipping. you can even ship them via freight