Register now to get rid of these ads!

2012 Orange Drag Reunion - Updates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LH Thread, Jul 10, 2012.

1. LH Thread

LH Thread

Hello All!
    Its hard to believe but there are now less then 8 weeks before the show, so I thought I'd post some updates regarding this years reunion. Here's a few thumbnails:

Racing: Registrations are running low, out of the 150 total we have outsold last year with less then 40 slots now available. If you plan to race, register now!

Track: The surface at Fitchburg Airport is far better then last years rough ride at Orange. The racing will be the same 330’, but shut-down will be increased by more or less 100’, a welcome addition!

PA: We have hired Williams and DiMaggio Sound for this years show, they are bringing 6 towers and 10 KW worth of amps, we will be heard!

Announcers: Our all-star line-up of Gil Coraine and Steve Magnante returns! Steve will also be doing a meet and greet at the Reunion show booth, stop by to chat, get your reunion stuff autographed, a photo-op or just general hand shaking... Check the site as show approaches for the specific time.

Food: This years food lineup is all new with much larger providers and menus, (I’m told we might even have enough for the whole day!) breakfast and lunch as well as shaved ice and ice cream will be served.

Accommodations: The Fours Points Sheraton in Leominster MA (less then a mile from the show) has signed on with the reunion this year and is offering rooms to show goers at a discounted rate, see the website for complete details.

Hats: Yes official 2012 Reunion hats are now available online!!

That's it for today, see you in September!

John Durfee
    Orange Drag Strip Reunion

Visit DragReunion.com for all the latest info

PS. Please remember, the show is in Fitchburg MA this year!!

Attached Files:

2. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

hi John, will there be participant sticker available this year?

3. blacktopbutcher

blacktopbutcher
    from Rindge, NH

Don't miss this show. This year is going to be better than ever.

4. LH Thread

LH Thread

We're planning to have stickers this year, whether we'll have enough is another thing....

5. Church Key

Church Key

BTT... One more month to go !

6. Jimv

Jimv

i just registered now!! can't wait.
    jimV

7. Church Key

Church Key

BTT... one more week !!

8. I can't believe that its already race week. My son and I have been registered since January and we will once again be splitting the driving, that is if the old man gives up the car this year. The poor kid had to beg me last year just to make a few passes.
    If last year was any indication we should be in for another event that will take a lot of us back in time to an era that is so dear to us. My 55 C/MP
    chevy has had a lot of go fast goodies put into the top end over the winter so it should be an interesting experience this year. If we have the same number and quality of race cars that we had last year a lot of people that only heard of the event will be leaving with a very broad smile. I for one have already started smiling and probably won't stop until Thanksgiving! A heartfelt thank you to John and his crew for another event, you guys RULE! See you all on Saturday MOE

9. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

the way ive always seen flagged racing is when the flag is down---then go-------with the show pinks i seen it if the hand twitches[starts to move]---which is correct?

ill be racing in exhibition class--should be fun

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  10. Dave50

Dave50

I am sure there will be a drivers meeting Brian, like you i wonder about a few things.

11. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

as soon as he moves his hands/flag down, It's on!