Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2012 Syracuse Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lockwoodkustoms, Jun 5, 2012.

1. MRTS33

MRTS33

2. hotrodroadster32

hotrodroadster32
    from Mass

3. olds vroom

olds vroom

I had a great time there as usual. Tons of cars and I finally got to take mine this year. As for those complaining about cars from the 70's being there what do you expect the show is for 1980 and older otherwise it would be full of new import crap. ImageUploadedByTJJ1342987695.190087.jpg

4. MRTS33

MRTS33

Very nice!

5. hotrodroadster32

hotrodroadster32
    from Mass

Thank you.

6. coupedevil

coupedevil

Bruce I can't agree with you more!!! Scooters should not be available unless you are in a cast or have a handicap sticker. As far as the green Willy's I think the one you are talking about belongs to Mario from NJ. He is in The Deadmans Curve.

7. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

"I prefer shows with cruising;". You get a spot, get insurance, and we will all show up. NYS SUCKS.

Too much to see. Hello to all Hambers i missed.

Give away car, ever show ? i heard some Rumors from well respected Right Coast / Vendors. But i will not repete at this time. If story i heard is true, it really sucks for Right Coast . :mad:
    I know, FCKD up Email. 3 hour Hott ride home, now Cocktails on Board. :D

8. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

ssffnomad I saw you cruising by must of been on your way out. I left right after Sundays are a complete waste of time there and yeah it would be great to have a full blown traditional show excluding the Halloween cars they ar way out of hand and a complete waste of space.

9. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Lets set something up. I'm game. The hardest part is getting people to show up

10. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

Lockwood, like i said , Hello, to anyone and every1 , we misssed. Jim pulled Sign Truck ( hope Axle bolts are tight) near main entrance today. I went by to get rid of some Beer, made a deposit, came back; and he was gone . Shit happens.
    Great people & Music in Olde School area.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  11. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Yeah we have to get together at the next show I liked talking with you and your wife the last time we met up in Syracuse I am glad to see the Nomad is still the same...:) that car is sweet!

12. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"As for those complaining about cars from the 70's being there what do you expect the show is for 1980 and older"

1980 and older - That's one of the major problems!

13. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

How come every year I go there I see PT cruisers, new Camaros, and newer mustangs? Hows about that ugly ass Dodge Magnum kit car that was parked infront of the building Artie's party was in?

14. uc4me

uc4me

If you are in one of the CNYCCA clubs that volunteers at the show you get to bring your otherwise not allowed vehicles to the show (PT Cruiser club, mustang club , etc...)

15. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

I agree with you on this one Lockwood. There was a bunch of random stuff welded together, "Halloween" cars in the Old School Area, but there were also some totally bitchin' Rods and Customs too. I didn't get to meet you there, but your car is killer! I won the "Best Primer" award in the Old School area with my 53. haha It Was a neat award, Old 60's drag trophy, hopefully my car will be painted next year though!

16. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

I guess its one of the problems with an open field show. Perhaps if they set aside sections for types of cars and strogly suggested that people abide by them. Hot rods, street rods, customs, antiques and classics, muscle cars, pony cars, trucks, then you wouldn't have to wade through the tempests plymouth valiants, and granadas to see what you wanted to look at.

I know there would be a great crying and gnashing of teeth from the folks who think they have staked a claim on a certain patch of concrete for enough years they think they have a squaters rights to be there, but it might make sense to have certai areas set aside by vehicle type, and then an open area also.

17. LOVED your '56 Chev. Many have tried to pull off the car/truck thing and they usually fail. Yours looks righteous.

These folks below really enjoyed it. The one guy eyeballing it was psyched. He was ready to drive home and cut the back off something.

[​IMG]

Your '56 is semi-famous, featured here:

2012 Syracuse Nationals: Day One | Motor City Garage

More photos from Syracuse will be going up in the coming days...

18. raymay

raymay

Thanks Bill. I am pleased the way the car is turning out and the positive comments I have been receiving. I should be in Detroit with it next month for the Woodward Dream Cruise. Last year we had a spot around 11 mile and I stay with my son who lives further north in Holly where they have a great Wednesday night cruise.

19. Ya Mr Lockwood...we need to put something together for our area....put Binghamton back on the map!! Tons of real hot rods here and perfect location being 81 and 17 intersect here so it would be easy to get to from all directions!!
    PS...had a great time hangin out together as usual ....Hopefully future TIKI KiNG brothers...lol

20. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

I wasn't at Syracuse,BUT in my opinion This is no doubt one of the BEST things I have ever heard suggested!!!!IT SHOULD BE A LAW at ALL events.

21. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

[​IMG]

My son was having a great time at the show and he can't wait to start building his own car...:D

22. I only got to walk around a little on Sunday afternoon, usually by then the swap is so dead that it's a waste of time to sit there - a lot of guys don't even stay for Sunday at all. Saw a nice A roadster, baby blue highboy with a deuce grille; a lot of cars I recognized; a super rare '61 Chrysler wagon. By then three days of being on my feet for most of them was catching up to me.

Guy that got hit by the car was doing okay, a broken leg and some bruises mostly, I think he'd already been released from the hospital by Sunday morning. Car was a T-bucket and got squirrely on the front stretch there, and clipped the guy, WSYR TV has video footage from someone in the stands if anyone's super curious.

23. I should add, too, I scored for myself in that swap meet. Model A frame, some pitting and no rear crossmember, but for a whopping $50 I couldn't pass it up.

25. Both your statements are still true.

26. CruZer

CruZer

Thanks for letting me sit in your coupe. What a great hotrod.
    I hope that guy from Street Rodder has your interview and pix in a future edition.
    Glenn

27. I saw you cruising on the Sunday. I wish I had seen your coupe when it was stopped, I wanted a better look at that Olds motor... Maybe next year. The coupe looked, and sounded, really good!

28. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

So who was the flagman that got hit? Ratrod Jim? I missed the drags this year, but Jim was flagging last year

29. No...It was Joseph E. Felber. Supposed flagger for 12 years... I'll tell you what, there would have been no chance in hell you would've caught me standing between the lanes at the finish line on that dust bowl track...it was like racing on marbles.