Register now to get rid of these ads!

need a little advice 58 chev coe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 72hd, Jul 22, 2012.

1. 72hd

72hd
    BANNED

hey guys I need some input on a future project . I've been looking for a 1 ton chevy truck for about 6-8 months-just cant find a stock truck thats in my price range(free-- ha!!!!!). So here's the deal,had a frend tell me he knew of one locally (within 30 miles) .I went to look expecting a wild goose chase -as usual -but I may have found something .here it goes-it is a 58 chev 50 series cab over truck -factory 283 4 spd 2spd rear with a 16 foot flat bed dump--&under 100000 miles(i cant remember but i think about 60,000-70,000) truck starts up &drives it's road ready has good glass - original paint and near perfect body. It was a grain truck from nebraska until 3 yrs ago. I've been thinking of a car hauler.this truck can be bought & driven home for a little under $3500.what do you think

2. kscarguy

kscarguy

While it sounds good, you're paying for a lot of parts you might replace. If the plan is to change motors, frames, etc, you might want to keep looking. If you plan on keeping all those parts, then the price sounds ok, but really depends on how much rust on it.

3. $3500 not all bad, talk him down as much as ya can, any thing you dont want has value to someone, use it to finance the parts you want and or need you can use the dump hydro's etc for the roll deck , look it over offer to wash it up (you see everything thats bad on a car or truck when you wash it! lol got any pics?

4. Donnda

Donnda

5. 72hd

72hd
    BANNED