Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/t Hamb Surf Riders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODSURFER, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Frank K

Frank K

9'3" Big Brudda by Precision Surf SC and a 7' 4" thick homemade 1969 Canadian board. Surf Lake Ontario, Erie, Huron and the Atlantic and Pacific when I can. Almost 58 looking for an 11" longboard. Frank Kunkel

2. Ricky B

Ricky B

I have a '60s 8' 2" Powell
    '70s 6' 4" Dave Mel swallow tail twin fin
    6' 6" Craig twin fin
    My fave custom '78 royal blue Mez 5' 4" Fish by a buddy Richard Gomez

I was a local at O'side Harbor to So. Carlsbad SB in the late '70's-82. Good times........
    I still ride Nor~Cal waves......been awhile, time for a surf trip. :cool:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  3. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

So rad that some of you hamb guys surf too! I have a:
    9'8" Singlefin log - love this thing, had a rad punk rock scotty stopnik fin from captain fin but I lost it!!
    5'10 retro quad
    5'8 Channel ISlands Fishcuit
    6'0 Hayden Shredsled
    5'10 Stuart Bender
    6'2 Xanadu

4. Zombie Plymouth

Zombie Plymouth

[​IMG]

5'4 Austin twin fin
    6'2 Rusty thruster
    6'8 Kane Garden orca
    9' Yater hp 2+1
    10' Austin blunt
    9' Pride tri fin

5. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Anyone know wher I can find a"Surfboard By Phil". Phil sauers was the former owner of my 51 Merc and supplied all the boards for all the surf movies,Gidget and the Monkees.Thanks.

6. ShortBus

ShortBus

7. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Thank you.I already talked to Phil. I would like to find a vintage one.He has one that was used in the movies that he isn't ready to part with.If all else fails, maybe I will have to have one made.Thanks.

8. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

The good ol days with a group of very good friends in Baja at a secret spot we call "Hairy Dairy" cause my Tequila infused friends could not pronounce the name in Spanish. :D I'm on the far left. The thing in the middle is a offer to the surf gods for good waves. I've had many boards over the years, but two of them were exceptional. One a Doug Haut Hybrid thruster and the other a Rusty Desert Island off the rack. The one behind me in the pic turned out to be a pig...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  9. Gman0046

Gman0046

About 30 years ago my neighbor had two longboards in the trash. They quickly wound up in my garage. During one of our many moves my wife sold them in a yard sale (probably sold them for nothing). Wish I had those boards today. They may be worth something.

Our house in the Florida Pan Handle is right near the beach. My nine year old grandson has been learning to surf on a Liquid Shredder seven foot soft top board and really doing well. The waves here are usually pretty small. I am looking to buy around a six foot four epoxy fish or a little longer fun board for him. Anyone looking to get rid of something like that?

In regards to the wagon in my avatar, my grandson told me "grampa, we could put a surf board on top of it". I think it would look neat.

10. Zombie Plymouth

Zombie Plymouth

He is correct, it would look good.

11. robber

robber

1969 Garman out of Huntington Beach. Its a 6'-6" double fin made into a triple fin. :)

Attached Files:

12. Zombie Plymouth

Zombie Plymouth

I use those same racks on my 55 chevy, I wish I could racks that holds from the gutter rails but havent been able to find something with high enough towers.

13. Mike

Mike

I have a set of Thule racks that clamp to the drip rail, you are right about the towers being short.

I attached a 2" section of a crossbar to each of the towers, then with 2 "square" U bolts at each tower, I attached the full crossbar on top of the short crossbar sections. This gave me enough clearance to mount them on my '57 Chevy Sedan Delivery.

14. Bing 6' 8'' Swallow tail (1974)
    Bonzer 5' 9" (1980)
    Rick 7'6 " Gun (1976)
    Greg Liddle 7' 6" (1975)
    Town & Country 5' 6" (1994)
    Russel 6' 6" (1994)
    Becker 7 ' 6" (1995)

And a vintage set of Aloha surf board racks from 1974...

My first board was a Dewy Weber 7' 6" Strato Series that I tried to shoot the pier at Huntinton Beach..Hit it! LOL 1973

15. Zombie Plymouth

Zombie Plymouth

pic?