Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville 2012 Roll call!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Just sent $25.00.
    Mike & his son need to be taking pics on the salt!
    HAVE FUN EVERYONE & DRIVE CAREFUL!!!
    cw.

2. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Do you guys bring bicycles to get around? Do I want fat tires or skinny?

3. -Brent-

-Brent-

Yes. I've ridden both. Bring whatever you prefer.

4. Dutchoven

Dutchoven
    from Reno, NV.

I'll be there!! Spectator only, but I'll be there!!

5. I had my singlespeed mountainbike last year. Less shit to rust. Fat tires are best.

6. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Thanks Tman. I have a Surly 1x1 with skinny cyclocross tires for commuting, I'll put the big 29" tires on it for the salt.

7. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

1950's sears fat tire white wall bike for me! Old beater, but it has peddles and a seat and it beats walking!

8. 1x1 for me as well. My good pal Dave is Surly's designer. Fortunate enough to get one of the first 1x1s, Karate Monkeys and rode the Pugsley proto before many folks in the company could!:p Freindship has its priveleges.

9. -Brent-

-Brent-

Skinny tires are really no big deal, I took my fixed-gear-converted Motobecane to the salt for years. That thing was on pencil thin tires.

10. Yeah, skinny is fine for cyclists, the civilians looking for transpo may have issues. The rest of us have been there and done that.

11. firingorder1

firingorder1

You have to pedal bicycles. This is my pit cruiser. No pedaling!

[​IMG]
    By weslake at 2011-06-19

12. reminder, the Friday night BBQ will get rolling between 4 and 5PM at the North end of the Bend by the road out to Lands End. We will have an EZUP, a HAMB banner. Since most folks have a lot on their plates we will start the raffle by 5 and hope to have it done within 30 minutes or so. We know there are other festivities you guys need to hit or just the showers! Raffle tickets will be $5 a pop, unlimited numbers you may buy. After I reimburse my helpers for any food they bought ALL proceeeds will go to Save The Salt.

Anyone that is bringing raffle items to the Salt, please PM me your number if I do not already have it. I will be out there Wed eve. The pits/salt is spread out, I have a lot of goodies to gather from various pits. It will be nice if I have a cell number to make my scramble easier.

13. Kiwi Bob

Kiwi Bob

Coming over from Brisbane for my 1st B'ville trip,at the invite of Kiwi Steve (Chief car Inspector),and will be helping / working in the Tech area.Happy to bring some Aussie junk over for the raffles,T shirts , decals etc.
    Hope to meet as many of you guys as i can.

Cheers , Bob.
    DLRA Chief Car Inspector,
    DLRA 200 MPH Club.

14. Bob, I will try and find you in tech. We will be in Tech with Tims #416 Thursday if you see us first.

Just got a box from roadkill from ND, thanks man. For the raffle we have an assortment of engine bolts and goodies from Spectre!

15. cagedruss

cagedruss

My Customer will be there for his 3rd time in his 34. I built the car nearly 2 weeks ago. If you go say hello! Ken is a interesting guy. He will be pitted next to Dan in his 32 Mod Roadster record setter.

[​IMG]

16. Neat car man!

17. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

bump..........

[​IMG]

18. Here's some of ours in 2010.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. These guys past me just outside Carson City in 2010, anyone we know? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

20. Todd553

Todd553

We will be there. The roadster will not make it this year, but the streamliner is ready to go. I will also be bringing my coupe this year. The liner runs AA/BGS with both motors and runs B/BGS with one motor. Gettin close, can't wait.

Attached Files:

21. noboD

noboD

Doug, is the little cutey with the accent driving this this year?

22. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I don't have a clue.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. t5stang91

t5stang91

leave in 17 days , can't wait !!!!!!

24. t5stang91

t5stang91

$25 sent , hope it helps

25. Leaving in 15 more days.........Can't sleep thinking about it as I missed going last year.

26. firingorder1

firingorder1

15 days?!!! Damn, really have to get movin'. Looking forward to some more salt surfin'.

[​IMG]
    By weslake at 2011-01-21

27. flynfrog

flynfrog

do you have this in High Res? Awesome pic

28. justanotherguy

justanotherguy

The Odd Rods (Nor Cal) will be there with the flathead Merc powered Studebaker:

[​IMG]