Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods LIVE WIRE Gets a transplant PT.2 Goodbye LaSalle..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Good to hear P-man..such a killer ride......

2. striper

striper

Of course another up side of the LaSalle would have been the saving by not having to put a drive shaft in it ...but toploader it is.

3. Cross Rodder

Cross Rodder

I know the guy; that was part of a joke some buddies pulled on him. He left it up for laughs. Sorry, didnt mean to bust the fairy bubble :)

4. Cross Rodder

Cross Rodder

5. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Not much of an update.. but I have all the correct parts needed to put the trans in so that's ready to go... We spent the last 3 days getting the shop ready to bring the car over..we are walling off 2 of the open bays so I have my own little garage.. looking like next week some of the guys are coming over and were going at it!!! Ventura nationals are coming up quick and I gotta have it ready to rock...

More updates soon!

6. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Good luck to you. Sure is a step backwords though:(

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I do believe that driving my car is a step forward.. Without spending allot of money 2 steps forward :)

8. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Anyone need a nice rebuilt hydro?

9. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Piero, I'll have to subscribe to this thread too now,I've got a 256 SBC and I wished I'd gone the toploader route instead of the T5.

Nick.

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I figured as much, but I still laughed my ass off anyway!

11. T5's have been traditional for AGES!!!!!!!!! hahaahhahaha

Nothing screams HOT ROD more then a OHV mated to early Ford running gear........NOTHIN!!!!

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sooo, in upcoming months we get to see a thread on "How we rebuilt Evil's top loader in the Motel parking lot at ____________ _________. Save the broken pieces when it breaks, HRLC will have another yard art project going pretty soon.

13. Cross Rodder

Cross Rodder

If you make the Nats. let me know. I will tag and throw a tow strap for you in my coupe Ha Ha

14. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

So stuff is going down.. Last week Lucky and I built Live Wire's tempory home.. still got some finishing but Lucky is a master craftsman!! its pretty cool little spot...

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Got the tranny painted and we hope to get the car in the shop early next week to get cranking...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stay Tuned...

15. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

MMMM, sparkly gearbox!!!!:):):):)

Nick.

16. The size of the gears from that La Salle are impressive compared to the Ford.

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn sparkly drivetrain stuff looks soooooooo good! With me evertime I try it it gets beat up installing then turns into a grease ball lump within weeks...

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Go man go!! Excited to see this thing driving again!!

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You're using a truck shifter instead of a swan neck? Any particular reason? If you need a chrome swan neck let me know.

20. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I got that one cause I got to heat and bend it.. And I kinda like the hard bends as opposed to the swan..

How much you want for the chrome swan one???

21. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

It's hard to see in this picture..but I love the interior in the Tognotti Coupe (inspiration for Live wire)..
    I also love how the shifter was done too so I'm going to copy it or something close to it.. Hahaha

Attached Files:

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well I was gonna donate it to the cause but of you gotta heat and bend it i'll keep it for my 33.

Now if you need that one chromed after it's heated and bent let me know. I can help with that and could try and get it back ASAP.

23. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Thanks dude.. Depending on time I might just paint it silver for the show (Ventura Nationals) then maybe have it chromed after.. I might have a few things to send over.. :D

Thanks tho for the offer...

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

It is??

25. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Not really... but is it afordable? YES!! is it easier to get parts? YES! is it still cool? YES!!! :D

26. jfrolka

jfrolka

Is a blower gonna be next too?

27. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

I know I'm lame for saying it, but I have never regretted putting the T5 in my coupe. I can jam 80 on the highway all day long. But I really just want you to get to drive your car man.... you deserve it. But don't cry to us when you top out at 50 on the highway, with that Caddy screaming for another gear!:cool:

28. titus

titus

I think it cooler than a lasalle, i think there were more ford trannys behind cadis than lasalles but who knows.

They work fine, you just have to use it the correct way, i had a 36 trans behind a sbc in my red 32 roadster, i beat the piss out of it and spun the tires all the way, you just need to ease the clutch out while gassing it and when the tires start to spin then finish letting it out, less shock to the trans no problems! thats just my take.

JEFF

29. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I've driven plenty of weak trans'd cars doing exactly what Titus talked about up above. 'Course, I've blown lots of weak boxes to smithereens learning to do what Titus said above too. I know I was one of the first to give you crap about the Ford box, but there is a certain beauty in it's simplicty... So much so that I admit to having one, a '46 rear end and an adaptor for a small block Chevy in my '30 coupe. If it makes your car into something you can drive and enjoy, that's all that counts!