Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets ruin a perfectly good stock 61 bonnieville lower and mildly restyle it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

heres our victim this car is a perfectly vary clean stock 61 bonnieville lets see if we can fuck it up with a lowering job a shave nose and decking will do for this car
    <iframe width="960" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fieT692sSzM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Can't wait, subscribed.

3. jkski

jkski

A real got to see!

4. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That's a neat car i know you'll do it right Alex.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh boy a 61 Bonneville. Treat that baby right. In late 1960 through most of 1961 The poor bastard that had to clean the windows at the Pontiac dealership in Auburn Wa spent a lot of time getting my hand and nose prints off the show room windows every other Monday morning after dad and I had been by there on dad and kid weekend.

6. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Dig out some little books and study the Alexander Brothers. I can't wait. Subscribed.

PS. Please keep the Pontiac motor.

7. you answered your own thread i wouldnt touch it in that way

8. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

It's already been lowered somewhat, and the 8 lug wheels (at least the caps and rings) are from a later model Pontiac. I am biased since I've been around '61 Pontiacs all my life, but they don't need a lot...some selective trim removal is okay, there's a lot of it on a Bonneville (and don't toss any of that stuff, it's worth good money.) I've toyed with the idea of using Safari taillights on them.

The interior appears to be fawn, are the seats cloth or vinyl? If you're going to change the interior and they're fabric I'll take them off your hands - the seats in my car are still in good shape but having spares wouldn't hurt, cloth seats in these cars are rare.

9. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

were gona shave the door handles and lock
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the front trim on top of the fenders
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the bonnieville letters between the deck lid and bumpes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the emblem at the top of the rear quaters
    [​IMG]

10. hutchman

hutchman

Subscribed......

11. FUCK IT UP!!!!!! That's why The good Lord created torches!

12. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

13. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

14. That is a very nice car, looks very clean. Probably one the best 60's cars.

15. slammed

slammed

Static, bag or juice? Sooooo very clean looking car.

16. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Beautiful cars. I like what you're doing so far.

17. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

Fuck It Up! FUck It Up! Fuck It Up!

Viva

18. I miss that car! Glad to see it getting some Gambino love! Go Alex Go!!!

19. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome. Why start a great idea with a clapped out turd?

In 1963: "Hey guys, I wanna wake up my boulevard cruiser. Any ideas?"

20. Wardog

Wardog

I'm sure you will do it right. Please throw those wheels and tyres in the bin!

21. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Kool start!
    I know those wheels are spendy but they do absolutely nothing for me...

22. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

i always loved Wide tracks! gonna watch this!

23. outlaw256

outlaw256

i know this is what we do but.... that car is beautiful now. treat her welland do her good.keep it simple.

24. 'Mo

'Mo

This has the potential for a truly elegant custom. Richard Zocchi's original '62 was a classic, still memorable after 50 years! I looked for a picture, but could only find his second build.
    This is still a great custom.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  25. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Personally I can't wait to see what Alex does with this car. I think the haters will change their mind when it is done.

26. hahaha! no shit!

I'm still semi-erect over the Cadillac convert you started, Alex.....any updates on it?

27. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

That looks like some beautiful welding work already so I know the car is in good hands.. original is nice but I'm sure the end result will be satisfying.. after 20 years i shaved the door handles and trim from my 60 Buick flat-top and I'm sure it will meet with mixed feelings at the up-coming Buick regional meet but I'm happy with it and that's what counts.. there won't be another '61 Bonny like it when you're done..

28. speters

speters

I can't wait to see what you do with this one Alex!

29. Gman0046

Gman0046

Maybe its just me, but I believe an old car should look like an old car and not a rocket ship. Thats why my last three cars all had the original chrome and stainless they left the factory with. Personally, I believe the stock Bonneville looks better then the Zocchi 62 Pontiac custom that was posted in this thread. The grille to me looks goofy. I do however really like Zocchi's 61 chopped top pontiac that was at Columbus GG this year. To me it looked tastefully done. That being said, where do they come off calling a Coast to Coast or Wildrod a 39 Ford? How about calling a Speedstar a Ford? What about that abomination pickup they call a 39 Studebaker?
    None of these look even close to the car they are supposed to represent. I've also never been a fan of chopping 37 and 40 Fords. To me they look great just as is. I've also seen 33 and 34 Plymouth and Dodges chopped, why do that? They look chopped already.

By no means do I mean to discredit Alex's work. Thats just my opinion. Differences is what makes this hobby great. If all cars looked the same, there would be no car shows.

30. I have to admit, I find myself gritting my teeth at times when I see someone customizing a nice, sometimes very rare car.

But then I slap myself and realize that if nobody did it we wouldn't have some of the fine artwork that's out there and all cars would just be cookie cutters.