Register now to get rid of these ads!

lost my Father friday...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 333 Half Evil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Thanks everyone....right now I come here when my thoughts make me sad. it takes me out of whatever thought and allows me to regroup. In time I hope to be able to thank each and every one of you for the kind words, thoughts, prayers, well wishes and condolences.

2. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Im real sorry for your loss. I just lost my dad in march. Its tough man, I tell ya. Hardest thing I've ever been through. Like you, my dad and I were very close. Lots of memories. Our good relationship, and not a single regret, has really made things easier to deal with. I know he was proud of me, and he knew I loved him. Sounds like that was the case with you and your dad as well. Get used to crying, it doesn't stop for awhile. Everyday I wake up and have this uncanny feeling that dad isn't too far away. Sure makes you wonder though. Take care man.

3. Ricci32

Ricci32

My father and your father were the same guys reading you post i could hardly keep it together it was like a replay of my life with the hot rods and racing. lost my dad to cancer 4 years ago, when i think of him i can only smile but life is never the same. Your father knew you loved him thats all that matters. I guess we will have to find our way keep your family close. Larry.

4. Godspeed brother,just keep your chin up,you'll remember things from now on,eventually the'll be a smile on your face,someone will ask you what your smiling about and you'll be thinking of something funny or a good time with your dad. I still have my dad he's 96 ,but my mom passed away in 2001 and these fond memories will come around and you'll get that funny smile on your face. You're right there's a lot of good people on here wishing you well !!!!

5. ems customer service

ems customer service

sound like you had a lotta good times with your dad, sorry for your loss

6. shoebox50

shoebox50

Sorry for your loss.

7. The Bomber

The Bomber
    from mass.

I know how you feel, lost my Dad 6 years ago this month. It's never the same again, but you'll always think of him. It hurts because you loved him. I know a couple of guys who never knew their Dad. We're the lucky ones. Always remember that, it helps.

8. Philbilly

Philbilly

So sorry for your loss!

9. Beau

Beau

I lost mine when I was 20. One day they are there, the next they are gone.

Keep yer chin up.

10. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

Lost my dad 15 years ago this month. With time it gets better, but never goes away. Your story reminds me of the times I shared with my dad. It also brings tears to my eyes cause I know what you are going through.
    Hang in, and remember you will talk to your dad more in the next year than you would imagine. He's with you all the time now.

11. bryna

bryna
    from Iowa

I'm sorry for your loss... I can't imagine how you must feel...

12. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

I lost my father about 6 years ago, and it's still hard. I'll lift you up in my prayers...

13. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

So sorry to hear of the loss of your Father... my prayers go out to you and all of the family.
    And may God Bless his Soul.

14. BULLFROGG

BULLFROGG
    from KY

Sorry for your loss bro, I too lost my dad lately.. June 4th 2012. It really really sucks.. But I will say first I was a lucky one-- I had a great dad !!! He has been a hard worker his whole life and always had a ole mustang at home.. We went to the races and built models and he showed me how to be a man!! I miss him more than anything.
    He was young 59 and died from lung cancer .....

Just keep your head up !!

15. Sorry for your loss. Wish I was close to my dad...

16. Buzznut

Buzznut

Sorry for your loss bro. I lost my father 9 years ago and it was a tough road for many years. It gets easier, but the loss and pain are still there, just not as intense. The only thing worse that I have ever experienced is almost losing my granddaughter...I wish that on no one. Losing loved ones is heart wrenching, but we live on and they live on in us as long as we cherish our time with them and honor their lives by how we live ours and how we remember them. The good Lord has a plan brother, and He will be there when it seems hardest and all you want to do is cry. My prayers to you and your family.

17. 1pickup

1pickup

My Dad was 53 & I was only 20 when he passed. It was 5 months after my daughter was born. Still think of him often, & wonder what he would say to me today. I hope he approves of the man I have become. My thoughts are with you.

18. SPEEDJR

SPEEDJR
    from minnesota

sorry for your loss i know what its like to have your dad be your hero.But i'm glad you had good relationship with him and graet storys to tell that make for a graet life
    take care!

19. May your loss be easied with the knowledge that you loved and cared for each other .The lessons our fathers teach us are there for a lifetime be thankful for all the special moments and abilities you shared together . I lost my Dad 6years ago last month and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him . Make your Dad proud of the son , husband , and father you are that is your gift to him !

Rob

20. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

another sleepless night tonight, it's about 1am and its hard to shut down the brain, but the day was better. been going through pictures to display at his memorial....it was a good run for sure! it will be one week in 4 1/2 hours that my mom called me to say she couldn't wake up dad. thanks again to all of you guys. the support in unbelievable and honestly this does help. thank you. Al

21. OfficerBimbo

OfficerBimbo

Sorry to here about your dad. We are praying for you and your family.

22. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

I'm sorry for your loss but as you mentioned ... he is in a better place with no pain or problems. Comfort your Mom & I'm sure he is watching.

My Pops is up in his high 70's and hope he lives forever.

Stay Gold.

PACO

23. Real sorry for you loss.
    Very moving story.
    Thinking of the good time you had will for sure help get over the hard times.

24. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

Nice memories. A lot of love there. You had a great relationship and made the best of it while you were both alive. I'm sure a lot of guys wish they could done things differently and would have loved to have shared what you both had.

25. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Thanks again for all of the kind words, thoughts, prayers, etc. I've never gone through losing anyone close like this before and I'm hear to say that having a place like this to share such a time and get replies such as these really does lift a guys spirits. You are all good people......