Register now to get rid of these ads!

Outstanding service by Jamco

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevelle bob, Jun 8, 2012.

1. chevelle bob

chevelle bob
    from Linton

Just have to tell what happened today. I have been looking at their lowered front spring kit for my 52. They had it on sale so I figured it was time to buy but I had a few questions so I tried calling them several times. When no one would answer I left a message with my number but was in and out of the office so didn't know if they called or not. I finally talked to Rob and figured I would have to order online. Went in today to order and the sale was over. I figured I missed out but I put a note on my order that I did try to call and could not get anyone to answer. Well 30 minutes after I ordered I get a phone call from Jamco telling me they will honor the sale price! Seems they only have one line in and we never hooked up somehow. They did not have to honor the sale price but to do it and to call me and tell me that was awesome service . I love dealing with places that want my business.

2. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

The same thing happened to me. I was looking at their lowered leaf springs for a shoebox Ford. They had a 3" dropped spring on sale. Turns out, the spring was ordered but the customer never picked it up, so I ordered the spring. After a week, I called to check on the status. Turns out the springs were for a wagon. They built me a set of 3" dropped springs for the same sale price. Good people, got it in 2 weeks.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  3. 5window

5window

Read all the other threads yet? Instead of posting when you ordered, post when you get it. I hope you get to write that soon, but.....

4. BadFishKustoms

BadFishKustoms

I will agree with 5window i ordered my drop coils and shocks has to be atleast 3 months ago now took 4 weeks for the coils ( they are for a 55 olds odd ball car so i was pumped they arrived so quick) and now im left limping my car around town with now front shocks and still waiting with atleast 30 phone calls made and no response same with emails. i drive my car fast and hard it kills me i cant bang miles on the highway at 80mph without feeling like im going to die. it all comes down to customer service..... if you cant get them you cant get them just be real with me.

5. tejas34

tejas34

I ordered a complete suspension conversion kit, with disc brakes, dropped coils and a complete rebuild kit for my 51 Merc on 5/23/12. $2488.40 paid by Pay Pal... So far all I have received is a set of dropped coils. Can't get anyone to even answer an e-mail much least their phone. Does anyone know why these guys don't have enough courtesy to return a call or email anyone??

6. dubcee

dubcee

7. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

As Homer J. Simpson would say, DOH!!

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

People are still using these guys?

9. BadFishKustoms

BadFishKustoms

damn Tejas34 !!!!! im sorry to hear about that i was feeling shitty for being out of a pair of shocks ! i try to trust everyone and i hope they will come through for you as well as myself. with all the posts does anyone else think it might be time to remove them from the alliance venders ???? I have made 30 phone calls this past week alone with no answer........ and atleast 5 emails in the past month............ I dont know how they sleep at night.

10. chevelle bob

chevelle bob
    from Linton

My spring kit arrived today 31 June. Not bad

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  11. 5window

5window

That's great. I hope it all fits and works great.

12. ImpalaBob60

ImpalaBob60
    from Havana, IL

I got my springs last Friday. Very close to the date he said I would get them....
    What I haven't received yet is... my shocks and bump stops. I was told they would arrive before the springs (because the springs had to be made)... So now, I've got my springs... waiting on shocks... I ordered from Jamco because of the positive comments about them. Yes, I found a few negative... but the good were more than the bad.

I've called once and sent 2 emails - No Response.

I will try and call today again today...

When I ordered the machine picked up, that was until I said I wanted to place and order. The guy came on the phone quickly...
    Coincidence? Hmmmm...................

13. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

Check out my pix in my albums under KOOL.. It is worth the wait. It took a little longer for my shocks too but it is worth it. You will not believe how nice it handles with the springs and shocks...

14. ImpalaBob60

ImpalaBob60
    from Havana, IL

after several emails and PM on FaceBook as well as a direct post or two.....
    Today I get an email from Jamco. It reads like this...........

[FONT=&quot]Bob, we have had some issues with the rear shocks, but that has been corrected and your kit will be shipping this afternoon. I will make sure the tracking # is emailed to you as well.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]An hour ago, I got my tracking number. What I was told when I bought them was they would ship via FedX. Well, the tracking number is from USPS. I know, I'm splitting hairs... at least they are on their way.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    Wondering, what kind of issues :confused:
    Should I be worried?

I think was truly bothers me about this.... Why not just send an email or call, and say they had an issue or they are back ordered or ????
    Just say something.

15. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

It's because you are not important to them. You are just some idiot who is bothering the guys who REALLY know it all. They will ship it when you have twisted enough and then move on to the next sucker. This thread and this company is getting tired. They are like the "Soup Natzi"......no parts for you!!!!!!

16. BadFishKustoms

BadFishKustoms

ive yet to get my shocks or bump stops ! pretty sad way to handle business its been what 4 months........ big thumbs down for jamco !

17. 5window

5window

Well, it happened pretty quietly, but they're not listed as Alliance Venders anymore.

18. ImpalaBob60

ImpalaBob60
    from Havana, IL

hmmm... they were last week.

19. 5window

5window

There are, of course, two possibilities. Either Jamco decided to no longer give the Alliance discount (Maybe if you're taking payment, but not delivering you want ot keep all of it?) or maybe Ryan is watching the flow of these discussions and decided he just didn't want the Alliance to represent Jamco as good folks.

Either way, it means that The HAMB doesn't have as much leverage as it once did to try to straighten things out. I hope you all get your parts.

20. So did the OP ever get his parts?

21. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

I think he did,no comments on the fit yet.

22. ImpalaBob60

ImpalaBob60
    from Havana, IL

mine showed yesterday...

23. ImpalaBob60

ImpalaBob60
    from Havana, IL

springs & shock installed...

there is definitely a difference...
    :rolleyes:

Fender Skirts are next... just need to get them painted....

I waited too long (not as long as some) for my items to arrive. Communication was pathetic.
    But the quality seems to be very good.

one note....
    I did find out that in my 1st pic (original height)... The front springs were new and the rear were original. So there isn't a big difference in the rear between before & after... but there is a bit of a difference...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  24. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

25. Saw it on another Jamco-WTF thread recently...d/t complaints across the board, the moderators delisted them as Alliance vendors. Guess I know where I won't be getting my suspension parts anytime soon!