Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cuesta Collage & MetalMeet.com will be hosting their 2nd annual metal shaping meet.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordcragar, Feb 23, 2012.

1. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Cuesta College in San Luis Obispo Ca. and MetalMeet.com will be hosting a regional metal shaping meet Friday, Saturday and Sunday, July 13, 14 and 15, 2012. The meet will be at Cuesta Junior College from 8:00AM to 5:00PM daily. The cost is $50 for the event to cover the cost of materials and consumables.

Pre-registration is strongly suggested. Please use PayPal to pay for your registration sending it to [email protected]. Include your name and phone number when sending your payment.

Please bring your own safety equipment – eye protection; hearing protection; gloves; etc. If possible bring your e-wheel; bags; stands; hand tools; mallets; and related metal shaping equipment.

San Luis Obispo is a beautiful small town in central California approximately ten miles from the ocean. Google San Luis Obispo for lodging and restaurant information. Cuesta Junior College is located on Highway 101, midway between San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay. For further info regarding the meet contact Tony Sanchez at [email protected].

Attached Files:

2. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

There has been some talk of trying to put together a steel buy, if there is enough interest; which would coincide with this meet.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  3. ---No one has responded on the steel buy, maybe it's still early.

4. ---Only three months left to register for the Cuesta College / MM meet.

5. deto

deto

I don't have an English wheel. Am I wasting my time if I can't bring this?

6. ---You don't have to bring any tools if you don't want, just come and join us and have fun shaping metal or learning. Some folks bring a project to work on and some hand tools. I am presently looking for some experianced metal shapers to do some demonstrations. Last year most folks just picked up a piece of metal and learned to shape it. Some make bowls, mini clock fenders, gas tanks for the more advanced.
    ---If you have ant more questions just contact me.
    Tony Sanchez
    [email protected]
    951 679 5978

7. ---Bringing this event back to the top.

8. deto

deto

If I can get the time off work I would definetly be interested

9. ---deto, sure would be great if you can make it to San Luis Obispo, Cuesta College Metal Meet. I am trying to set up some seminars and or demonstrations for this meet. Maybe even a paint demo.

10. ---Back to the top

Cuesta College in San Luis Obispo Ca. and MetalMeet.com will be hosting a regional metal shaping meet Friday, Saturday and Sunday, July 13, 14 and 15, 2012. The meet will be at Cuesta Junior College from 8:00AM to 5:00PM daily. The cost is $50 for the event to cover the cost of materials and consumables.

Pre-registration is strongly suggested. Please use PayPal to pay for your registration sending it to [email protected]. Include your name and phone number when sending your payment.

Please bring your own safety equipment – eye protection; hearing protection; gloves; etc. If possible bring your e-wheel; bags; stands; hand tools; mallets; and related metal shaping equipment.

San Luis Obispo is a beautiful small town in central California approximately ten miles from the ocean. Google San Luis Obispo for lodging and restaurant information. Cuesta Junior College is located on Highway 101, midway between San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay. For further info regarding the meet contact Tony Sanchez at [email protected].

11. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

This is very cool, Ron Covell will be attending our meet at Cuesta College. Ron will be doing demo's and helping if you have questions. There might be some other surprises as well. Stay tuned!

12. ---Only 38 days left before the Cuesta College / MetalMeet & West Coast Metal Shapers event. It is very imperative that the folks that are trying to organize this meet know how many are going to attend. Eddie Salais and Ron Mc Donald are planning to have lunch and maybe breakfast burritos at the meet. Also we plan on supplying some materials and most of the consumables that will be used at the meet. Please help us out by registering early.
    We are also planning to have some demonstrations by some of the attending metal shapers. Just some short seminars to get you started on a project.<O:p
    <O:p
    1. Beginning metal shaping<O:p
    2. Shaping a mini fender (clock fender)<O:p
    3. Shaping a motor cycle gas tank<O:p
    4. Getting started in riveting<O:p
    5. Special shrinking techniques<O:p
    6. How to make some simple homemade tools.<O:p
    I hope to have more information on the demonstrations soon.<O:p
    And to top off the meet Ron Covell will be there for guidance, direction and to interact with you personally. Well worth the $50 entry fee.<O:p
    Mike's clock 03.jpg

Practice tank 05.JPG

Please bring your own safety equipment &#8211; eye protection; hearing protection; gloves; etc. If possible bring your e-wheel; bags; stands; hand tools; mallets; and related metal shaping equipment.

13. ---Due to unforeseen circumstances Ron Covell will not be able to attend the Cuesta College meet.

14. NealinCA

NealinCA

Thank you to all who helped put this meet together. Even though I was only able to attend one day, I came away with a lot of great ideas.

The highlight for me was having lengendary tin man Paul Bragg spend the better part of his day working on my 32 rpu doors. They were rough...and he performed some magic. As he said on the second door..."there is more door than we have day"...but he got them to a point where I think I can finish the work. I learned so much watching him work.

Thanks again Paul!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neal

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  15. ---Neal, I am very glad that you guys made it to the Cuesta Meet. Paul is a very interesting and colorful person, I think that he done a fantastic job on the metal finishing seminar.

16. tinguy

tinguy

hi guys, sorry we had a little short circuit on my intended presentation. the gentlemen with the doors bailed me out. hope the eventual results were educational and helpful. i'll prepare better with somthing next year. it was fun. it looked bigger this year? see ya! tinguy paul bragg

17. Man! I wish i was able to make this meet! I keep hearing from everybody around town about how rad it was. Next year....

18. ---Paul, I am sorry that I didn't get to see you after the meet. I wanted to thank you for your participation at the Cuesta College meet and let you know that your seminar was great.
    I am looking forward to next year's meet, I sure hope that you will put on another seminar. Ron, Eddie and I are already planning next year's meet, we hope that you will be a big part of it.
    ---Tony Sanchez

19. --- a few more photos.

P1010020.jpg

P1010037.jpg

P1010053.jpg

P1010014.jpg