Register now to get rid of these ads!

lost my Father friday...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 333 Half Evil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. -Brent-

-Brent-

Oh, and go give your mom a hug.

2. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

God bless and hold you and your Family.
    That was a great story and the love and respect comes through. I lost my Dad in 88 and Mom in 95. It still hurts. It allways will. Lean on friends and take care of Mom.
    Somebody's here all the time. Youre not alone.

3. I am very sorry for you loss. I lost my dad in 1994 and I still miss him. He was not a car guy like your dad. Therefore, your pain must be still more. You wrote a very touching epitaph, I had to fight back my tears. Remember you dad lives through you. God Bless you and you family. It's good to see your back with us gearheads.

4. bobber's54

bobber's54

Al '
    So sorry for your loss! I lost my dad back in 2008 ! I know how your feeling! I see through your writing how much you two had together. I had the same relationship with my dad. The hurt will subside but like me you will always miss him. Think of all the fun times you had together and share those with the ones who knew him. Who knows maybe our dads are hanging out together sharing stories about us. Well I am a good one for rambling so I will keep you all in my prayers.

5. Spanish Fly

Spanish Fly

sorry for your loss.

6. historynw

historynw

Sorry for your loss.

7. Sorry.............

8. pila38

pila38

You will ALWAYS have the memories. And someday you'll have that '55 again. My condolences. I'll give my Pops a big hug tomorrow when I see him.

9. Al, Your Dad will live on in your memories forever. Remember the good times with gladness in your heart. Many men go through life and never get to truely know their father. You and you father experienced life together, a great and rare thing. Prayers of strength and healing for you and your family as you endure this loss.

10. edweird

edweird

cant imagine life without mine. i'm so very sorry.

11. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

sorry for your loss. my dad was a dick, died when he was 86, nobody misses him

12. sr808

sr808

I'm sorry for your loss, Al.

13. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Sorry for your loss , I lost my best friend and dad in 1992 and my mom in 2010 , Take care of your mom Tim Jones

14. Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  15. oneqwkfbody

oneqwkfbody

my deepest condolences. i lost my dad january 2011 so i feel your pain. you have memories and experiences that no one or thing could ever take away from you! sending prayers your way!

16. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Man, what a post, I wish I had the words to say what so many others have.

17. MISCONSTUDE

MISCONSTUDE

So sorry for your loss, you will always have those memories. Prayers for you and your mom. By the way, that was a wonderful story about your times with your dad.

18. rottenrods

rottenrods

Me and my dad are very close .My heart is aching for you, I lost a daughter last spring and I know how bad it hurts to lose someone you love. So many people on here helped in so many ways ( special thanks to 3kross) . If you need to talk gimme a call 217-264-2166

19. Al....you have my sincere condolences though I am a stranger. Some of us never knew our Fathers, some took them for granted, some never resolved the crap that often destroys our opportunities to "get it right", some of us never choose to forgive their shortcomings. You are blessed beyond measure to have known your Dad and loved him. In the years to come, rejoice in having had him for as long as you did and mourn the loss of him.....both are of benefit......Centurion9

20. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Sorry to hear. A tough loss. You are part of him, make him proud.

21. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

THANK YOU to all for the thoughts and prayers. It really is comforting yet hard to read. I will, and always do, give mom a hug...but will add extras from those here.

Day by day.....day by day.

22. Larjk9

Larjk9

Godspeed. Sorry for your loss.

23. Philroy

Philroy

Very sorry to hear about your loss. We will keep you in our hearts and prayers. I cannot imagine losing my father. He is my hero.

24. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

I'm so sorry for you're loss.. Prayers out from bama. You're story was very sad but it was wonderful for you to give us the chance to see into you're life at the great relationship you had with you're dad.. For that, thank you.. And be strong!
    James Deshler.

25. kdrodworks316

kdrodworks316
    from idaho

Hated to hear of your loss, keep your chin up and just remember what a great man he was. You can always lean on the hambers for some support, and if you need a friend, feel free to pm me.

26. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Al,
    So sorry to hear about your loss ! Prayers sent to you and your family!

27. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

I know what you're going through too. I lost my dad, friend and mentor 24 years ago now and I still think of him every day. It's kind of bittersweet to use the tools and equipment that he taught me with and to build the hot rod we should have been building together. It will all go into perspective in time. I will pray for you and your mom, she needs your support more than ever now.

28. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Very sorry for your loss. Sounds like you and your dad were a pair. My dad was killed in WWII and I never kjnew him but I had an older brother who filled in for him. He died several years back. I know that you think the hurt will never go away but try to think of the good times and it will soften the ache. God bless your dad. RIP

29. I can sympathize with you. I lost my mom last year at 93 years old. She was a good woman, a kind woman and fiercely independent. Lived on her own in her own house until the day she died.

Specs

30. So sorry for your loss! I think each of us hopes that somehow we will live on through the projects we build, the experiences we share, the memories we make, and most importantly, the things we share with or teach our children. I know I will never stop learning from my dad, and realize how precious time is. Know that your dad lives on through you! Again my deepest condolences to you and your family.