Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jamco's phone is disconnected?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigabone, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Bigabone

Bigabone

Just tried to call and see how long Riviera springs were on sale and got the recording that the number is disconnected. Anyone know of this?

2. Maybe they are located in one of the areas that got hit by a heavy storm?

Hey the five six in your avitar looks pretty trick. its yours and you are running A arm suspension?

3. Looks like a straight axle under there to me. ....

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  4. yea I think your right.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I had a talk with JAMCO the just the other day. We had some alliance complaints and had to pull their vendor status.

That being said, I honestly believe they are busting their ass and trying to get it together over there. I hope they do. I know they are good guys.

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

that sucks, I have been trying to get ahold of them for a few weeks. hope they hire someone to handle the phones/ internet communication and let the fab guys keep busy.

We are better off with them in business then with them out of business

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  8. Philbilly

Philbilly

I called them today. I didn't get an answer, but I did hear their answering machine.

9. Unfortunately, this does sound like one of those situations where the guys in control are great fabricators, but have a lot to learn on the business side of things.

Everyone loves their products, but their order processing and customer service are definitely lacking.

Often, this only leaves a few options. 1- go out of business. 2 - sell the business OR, 3 - team up with someome with a strong business background that can work with them to turn it into a profitable business that is poised for growth.

I've often thought of seeking out one of these situations amd getting involved. I've got a strong business background, experience representing O.E.M manufacturers (GM) and aftermarket (SLP Engineering), and a passion for all things automotive. My problem is purely locational. My current businesses are located in central Michigan. My businesses are established and would allow sufficiant time, and resourses, for other projects. The problem is I'm not comfortable getting financially involved with a struggling business that is not relatively close to me. That sounds like a good way to throw good money after bad.

Hopefully someday I'll find the right situation, the right group of people to team up with, in the right location, and make something happen in the hot rod world. I'm not gonna hold my breath, but I will keep my eyes open. Lol

I wish the Jamco boys the best of luck. I hate to see talented people, that have a great product, fail due to poor business practices.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  10. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

I called them last Tuesday and was called back within 15 minutes. Helped me out in a tough situation.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  11. mt94ss

mt94ss

I ordered mine on March 31st, 2011 and got them September 7th, 2011. The order got 'lost' and it took about a week to get them once it was straightened out. They told me that it normally takes about 2 weeks to fill an order, so keep up on them if you do. Caveat Emptor.

I do like the 3" lowered stance.

12. 5window

5window

I think we all wish them the best, and times are tough. But, taking folks money and not shipping parts for months and months is really not being in business, it's just theft. If you don't think so, how happy are you that you can deposit a check in the bank and the bank floats it around for 10 days earning interest for themselves before they credit it to your account? Now, suppose it was 10 months?

Robbing Peter to Pay Paul has never been a good model. Don't charge the account until you can deliver the parts is a better one.

The guys over there need to seriously straighten up, before it's too late. I surely hope everyone gets the parts they need.

13. BinderRod

BinderRod

I went through the same crap when I ordered my stuff. I kept calling and leaving messages and no one would return my call. I ordered my parts on line and everything was paid for. It took months to get the springs and another 6 weeks to get the shocks. I should have called Eaton spring and by passed them. Never again will I deal with them

14. It was the same story with North Dakota Gearhead Cruiser Products.

Everything they sent me was very high quality, but customer service was non-existent and order turnaround time was dreadful.

15. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

We need someone such as yourself to do the reality TV show deal of turning around struggling automotive based businesses. (ala "restaurant impossible, kitchen nightmares (Gordon Ramsey), etc.)!

What about the option of buying the business and relocating it? Product can be built/shipped from anywhere. Then again, how much of their product line is proprietary? The business opportunity is there, be it someone who joins/helps Jamco or someone who starts their own line and lets the public 'vote with their feet'. Somewhere along the line, someone will essentially duplicate their products and offer them w/o a long, sweat it out wait and with good customer service. Its simply a supply-demand business opportunity waiting to happen (whether Jamco is in business or not) and its Jamco's business practices dictating the eventuality. Once they're not the only game in town for certain applications, they'll be forced to improve their game or sink.

We've seen this before where a terrific product isn't backed with efficient front office support. Many times entrepreneur's and managers don't come in the same body. That's why good business managers are worth their weight in gold.

I wish them well, but it seems as though we've heard feedback like this for a long time.

16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not much in the way of heavy weather in Corona California, this time of year.

17. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

I am only about 20 mins from them. We did get severe weather but not enough to have any problems.

20. krooser

krooser

21. 5window

5window

Until you identify the problems, you can't initiate the fix. Could be underfunding, lack of planning, staff issues, supply side problems-a host of things. The primary issues doesn't seem to be the product, but the producers. Not answering phones or e-mails, not corresponding with people who have already sent money,not delivering even when a date is given---. Not giving a damn is not part of a business model that can be fixed without changing personnel and that starts at the very top. I think there is a very deep pit here.

And, of course,all of this is really about our fellow HAMBers who have ordered but not received their purchases. The best products in the world aren't worth a dime unless you can get them when you need them.

22. 49coupe

49coupe

Hopefully there is an explanation, but I think what kills many small businesses is lack of focus. I you don't have the resources to get our your "bread and butter" parts and services, don't take on more. That is why I was really surprised when they started selling common reproduction parts that I can get everywhere. I know they are mostly drop shipped, but when there are delays or problems, you are the one that has to do the legwork. I wish hope they survive. Albeit late, parts received were A1.

23. BRENT

BRENT

Never had this problem when Jim was alive! I ordered my front disc brake/ ball joint conversion from Jim before he passed away. I'am shocked at how far things can slide when the kids take over. I thought they would carry on the torch.

24. Couldn't agree more!!!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They may be like MAS Racing was in the 70's and not make a lot of the products until they get the order. I ordered a drag link and hairpin steering arm from once and finally called them and they told me that the guy who made those parts was on vacation for a month and would make them when he got back.

That may not be the case this time but it sure seems that everyone has to wait for their parts from what I see. I can see not wanting to hire a bunch of extra people or buy a bunch of extra equipment or move to a bigger building with the economy the way it is but a guy still has to tend to business to stay in business.

26. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I'd like to see Jamco step up here and address these concerns, they are members here, the least they could do is respond and give us a bid of faith. Or GFY were done with it, or just something...

27. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne
    from Olathe, KS

I orderd a Power Disc Brake Conversion Kit back on June 8th. I have made several calls, leaving messages since then. No response. I have been calling daily since Monday. No repsonse. I have sent emails. No response. I have sent Faxes. No response. If I do not hear from them by Friday end of business day, I will contact them once again by Phone, Fax and Email to cancel my order then call the bank to decline any attempt to charge my VISA.

I understand issues arrive, both personal and business. Regardless, a simple statement added to their website and phone message with an explanation would suffice.

Darren

28. 5window

5window

Did you check to see if your VISA's been charged yet? If not, you might want to cancel it now and let JAMCO contact you for payment. After 6 weeks of numerous attempts to contact them, the threads posted on the HAMB, etc. I would begin to think something isn't quite right? They haven't even responded to the posts here and with all the previous bad posts, don't you think they'd be monitoring what's said about them? I don't bet, but if I did, I'd bet your money's already theirs.

29. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne
    from Olathe, KS

Yup. No charge to card as of yesterday. No sense in waiting on a dead horse. I will call the bank tomorrow, there is a $10 surcharge to prevent the card being ran. Probably should have done this a month ago. :(
    Looks like Performance Online has a better offer any how... now let's see if THEY respond to my email inquiry.

Darren

30. iron infantry

iron infantry

well now there just stealing money i guess. i ordered parts off line on 8/17/12 a friday the money was taken out of my account on 8/20/12 a monday. i have not recived my parts and i can not get ahold of them. its preety hard to get the money back after its been takin out of my account. the thing that sucks is i really just want the parts. looks like im out $350. thanks jamco. i know some people in cali so maybe ill have them pay them a visit. thieves!!!!