Register now to get rid of these ads!

Belt Molding clips

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cisco88, Jul 17, 2012.

1. cisco88

cisco88

Hi all,

I need the belt molding clips for my 55 Oldsmobile S88 4 door sedan. Anyone know what they look like and where I can get them? I have know reference, so I really don't know what kind of clip am i looking for. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanx
    Frank

2. NAPA has a book that has pictures to pick from.

3. cisco88

cisco88

Yeah, but I don't even have a reference. I know that it is a push in type clip, unless Napa's catalog says it is for my car and that particular trim. I will have to check it out.

4. Most paint and body shop supply stores have hundreds of different types of trim clips,,just take a piece of the trim with you and see what will fit,,there is a lot of butterfly clips that are push in and some that have threaded ends that attach with nuts.

I was able to find all the pieces to reattach all the trim on our wagon and saved hundreds of dollars using universal clips instead of ordering over priced original reproduction clips. HRP

5. you can certainly measure the width of your trim piece..Au-ve-co
    makes all types of these clips...either push in or bolt in

6. cisco88

cisco88

Ok HRP, thanks. Ima hit the local body shop supply and see what can be done. Take trim and car all at once. No back and forth, thank you HRP and dirt t.

7. cisco88

cisco88

wbrw32, thank you. Ima try to hit the local autobody supply place first and if that doesn't work out call up auveco. I think they need a picture of the clip it self to match though. I think I had spoken to them and the guy that would be able to help me out with out a picture is out till like the 19th. Lets see wht I can do locally.
    Frank