Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects KIWI MADE 1927 T Lakes modified - Journey to the end of the road!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodbox, Mar 31, 2012.

1. striper

striper

They wouldn't listen.

Great looking car. Have you fired it up yet?

2. woodbox

woodbox

Thanks Davo, I am about to post some shots taken by a friend with his 'Trad camera' and the colors are spot on.

I ain't got no finger prints left....thinking about a life of crime now!

I was thinkin of the axles like Steve says \/v \/v for the same reasons.

Ya ha!

Cheers Frenchy.

Still need Brake lines and fuel lines......but I can't wait!

Check out Al's pictures below. It is the best representative pictures I have seen to date.

[​IMG]

This shot really brings out the dry lake bed color of the carpet! Oh and the car looks pretty good too!

[​IMG]

I have a portfolio of build pictures for people to thumb through. You can see the kid in the picture taking a gander at it.

[​IMG]

Check out those louvres, They really had folks guessing as to what they are, or were before they became louvres!

[​IMG]

120" wheel base shows up on this one.

[​IMG]

A cockroach's eye view illistrates just how low that belly pan is too.

[​IMG]

Loving that Q/C rear. Many people weren't too sure what the hell it was.

[​IMG]

Looks good going away too.

[​IMG]

I love the colors Al has managed to get in these shots.....they are just the cats whiskers.

3. SimonSez

SimonSez

Worst kept secret ever, but looking good!! :D

4. davo461

davo461

As soon as you get it all 'together', I suspect that I am not the only one who would like to see/hear a couple of video clips, standing and driving; the icing on one of the nicest 'cakes' ever baked.

5. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Man that's the coolest, well done. It looks as though it's doin' 210 just sitting there.

Scotty.

6. Well done, cool car. I've loved watching the build and the time invested. I look forward to the next installments thru to fire up and the first drive.

Mark Shearer
    Car Guy's Garage

7. mrdodge

mrdodge

Told ya !!:D

Love the finished product.

8. all I can say is ..BLOODY AWESOME

9. nzsimon

nzsimon

What class have you entered in the show?

10. Just found this. Wow!

11. woodbox

woodbox

Me too!

I will be posting video.....but it may be a little while away.....i have some serious catching up to do around the place.

Damn...I was shootin for 215!:)

Only too glad to keep you entertained.

Psychic eh?

Thanks mate.

Unfinished.

Amazing what you trip over around this place.

12. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hate to admit it, but I was hoping for a light yellow, orange, etc. similar in value to the light green you have on the interior. But I'm sure the pix don't do it justice.
    Hats off to a job very well done. And have a beer! Gary

13. nzsimon

nzsimon

Unfinished bugger me too I guess you will scoop all the prizes lol yours is amazing

14. nzsimon

nzsimon

15. woodbox

woodbox

Looking forward to being able to just being a participant in a show and not having to run it, so I can relax, soak it all in and have a beer or two.

The experience of being included in a National show is all the recognition I need. I am stoked just to be accepted to display it.

Looks great Simon. Well done.

16. Aha... I just figured out who you are NZSimon. I used to work at Mainline Greenlane about 10 years ago. Four spoons of Milo, right? :D

17. nzsimon

nzsimon

yeah me too my first of course as the host club I will be roped into all sort of things like security 6 till midnight haha

18. nzsimon

nzsimon

yep thats me but to help the waistline I cut back to 3 and 3/4 spoons of milo
    Director of Jansen
    I think I know who you are

19. 1937Nisbo

1937Nisbo

Those louvres are quite unique... I would 'tip my hat' to anyone who can guess what they are from, or should I say "take the steel toe cap out of one of my old boots"... :cool:

20. woodbox

woodbox

Hey! Don't be givin up too many trade secrets man!

21. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Nice work Wade! Well done...

Can I put you down for the Rusty Nuts and Dust Up events in January... It just HAS to be seen on the dirt track some time!

Noddy

22. Awesome Stuff Wade . Slick , , , Very Very Slick .

Give ya-self a good old fashioned "Pat On The Back" .

Good luck with the show this weekend .

Shrapnel :cool:

23. woodbox

woodbox

Hey Noddy. I would love to mate, BUT I have some serious greasing to do around here for a while!!! You know how it goes.
    I have been looking forward to turning up at a track, swaping gears in the Q/C, dropping the baffles and cranking up on the outside front torsion bar and slackening off on the inner.....and letting her have her wicked way in the dirt!!!
    That really is the stuff dreams are made of my friend. Are you coming up to the show this weekend?

Cheers Shrappy! I am in the middle of packing the ute, trailer and posting pictures from last weekends Hot Rod Round-up. I have to work tomorrow, so am taking the whole rig with me, then continuing South afterwards.
    I am sure you will appreciate what I plan to do with your stands, they will look perfect! Thanks again Mate!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple more shots from the weekend's fun and one showing a teaser of the T shirt logo from the event.

24. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Totally understand Wade - but if you do get the chance I'll always find room for you.

Not coming up to the Show this weekend - I'm based in Aussie at the moment, then heading back to the USA on July 29th for another tour. Back in NZ around December for the summer car shows.

25. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Amazing car! Great job!

Oh man!

26. woodbox

woodbox

See you on the street then! Cheers.:cool:

27. woodbox

woodbox

Heading into Auckland City to load into the 50th Anniversary National Hot Rod Show in a few minutes. I will post some pictures of the fun tonight when I get back.

28. woodbox

woodbox

All set up at the show yesterday, but my camera had a melt down when I was ready to take some pictures. But wouldn't you know it, by the time I got back to my digs for the night, it had calmed down!!!! I am heading back in there now for the judging etc, so will get some pictures today.