Register now to get rid of these ads!

Derek's 1950 ford coupe shoebox build and introduction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Batidor del mono, May 5, 2011.

1. manhugos my bitch

manhugos my bitch
    from nor cal

2. Phat Bug

Phat Bug

That will be killer!
    My mother in-law is at Muckleford, would love to drop by and check it out next time I'm down??

Rhett.

3. Yeah man for sure I'm just melb side of castlemaine about 20 mins from muckleford let me know when ur coming buy and I'll be here so u can stop in and talk some shit
    Des

4. FLX

FLX
    from Germany

sounds nice ;)

5. Phat Bug

Phat Bug

Done. :)

6. Gettin very close to motorex

Attached Files:

7. Happy Birthday to the Metal Master A. Jeffree!

8. A big happy birthday to the man himself ahron jeffree

9. Assembly is happening and cleaning up. The peaks on the rod are a lot of work but looking amazing. Weld, clean up with a flap disc then file by hand with a round file then I'm gunna 80 grit and strip clean disc em to finish em off in bare metal. Should look nice once I'm finished.

Attached Files:

10. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Great looking Ford....

11. daddio211

daddio211

Those rear fender peaks are AMAZING!

12. Thanks guys. I'm really damn happy with them I just woke up and my arms are a little sore this morning ha ha. Think I need a new file to chew into it a bit quicker but they are coming up sweet

13. ausbuick

ausbuick

tik tok tik tok des

14. Ha ha ha oh man ur killin me. Are u goin.? It will be pretty decent still a long way off finshed.

15. ausbuick

ausbuick

Nah mate, i was in sydney this week for work, told my boss we should have been a little later in the month.
    it will be cool for sure
    cheers Darren

16. I have my loot treatment for
    Motorex. Ryan ford offered to cut the letter out o wood and paint them white for the floor on front of the car. Fuck yeah can't believe he did them he's so busy and some how he pushed these out at some rediculous hour Of the morning. Can't wait now.

Attached Files:

17. Floor treatment not loot

18. I'm sure I've heard it as eldildo's, but maybe I heard it wrong.

Mate you guy's have done an amazing job, and I hope you get the feedabck at MotorX you deserve.

Greg's heading up with one of our customer so keep and eye out for him, say helo and see if you can't get Mario to drink a beer.

Good luck this weekend.

Mark Shearer

19. Thanks mark, the only feedback I'm really after is to be near the car and at least once hear someone 'fuck that's cool as shit' ha ha I'd be over the moon with that. Who's greg? I'll be hangin out with Andy Mario's son so surely we'll get Mario to have a beer or doesn't he drink or something?

20. Motorex or bust............

Attached Files:

21. Different Mario, Greg's one of the guy's that work here at the shop.

I'm sure you'll here the feedback your after.

Just in case read it here.

FUCK THAT'S COOL SHIT RIGHT THERE

Mark Shearer.

22. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

Hell Yeah Des - Your spinner just looks fuckin bad ass!! Those peaks on the rear fenders look real smooooth. I hope you had a good time at Motorex. I am looking forward to seeing some pictures posted up from the show. I thought I would throw up a new picture of my bucket - hope you don't mind. Cheers amigo.

Attached Files:

23. Deu55

Deu55

Des your spinner is killer , hope to see it one day...enjoy the weekend will be hanging out for pix...Rod.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

24. Ha ha ha ur a good man shearer.
    I'm sure I'll meet him If ahron see's him up there gunna be a killer time

25. Man this thing is gunna be evil. I'm loving it. Get it done for viva next year and me and my buddy ahron will jump in from viva to lonestar with u and supply beers ad gas money. That would be a fucking road trip.

26. Cheers rod
    A couple pics from today. One more day of Clean up and assembly before it heads off to Sydney. Glass in with my buddy from the club at 830 then clean up and beer ad look at it for a while

Attached Files:

27. Well fellas. I'll keep this short. I've taken ten years off my life with no sleep over working myself 3 trips to the doctors for metal in the eyes and yes I wear goggles, mutiple cuts a epic blood blister and bruise under my thumb nail. Caught my work jaket on fire three times, smashed my head twice and way way way to many cigarettes but u know what the last three moths was a blast I was too busy for proper updates to get this rest for motorex but I did it I drove it today it looks fucking rad and couldn't be happier still alot of shit today but I'm happy I got to this stage in this amount of time after Sydney I'll post pics and details of what I actually did but pics who were I'm at.
    I'm off to motorex at 530 tomorrow morning
    Cheers fellas
    Des

Attached Files:

28. dozza

dozza

Des, this thing is off titties! Have fun at motorex.

29. zep058

zep058

Amazing, good luck man