Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Checked Pre-purchase SF/Hayward Area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Bronze, Jul 15, 2012.

1. The Bronze

The Bronze

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a mechanic/workshop to visit and check out a Galaxie for me in the San Fran East Bay area. I've googled the crap out of the internet but with no joy and I figure a HAMBer should probably be able to steer me in the right direction.

2. What town is the car in?

3. The Bronze

The Bronze

Castro Valley, haven't got exact address yet, sorry if it's too vague.

4. Is it Steve C in Castro Valley ?

5. The Bronze

The Bronze

No, a guy named Mike. What is Steve C selling? Is it in the classifieds on here?

6. Talk to Alan Szarek (boldventure) on here, he is a professional car appraiser & it will be money well spent.

He's in the Bay Area too.

7. The Bronze

The Bronze

Thanks, have flicked him a note.

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Now THERE is a SMART car buyer ! :D Willing to spend a few bucks up front rather than take a chance on buying sight unseen, like so many we see on here who are crying the blues later when the POS shows up at their door. It isn't a 100% guarantee that the car will be perfect, but it sure gives you a better chance of success than having some "friend" look it over or not looking it over at all.

Go pat yourself on the back for this decision. :D

Don

9. The Bronze

The Bronze

If you knew how hard it was to get the money, you'd understand why I'm cautious about spending it. From now on all cars I buy get checked and all relationships get pre-nups.