Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mercury Marauder Project Updates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mercuryjunky, Oct 29, 2009.

1. My brother (Btrsweet) recast the clear part on his Marauder. It's a lot of work but it came out good. Maybe twist his arm a bit!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527998

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  2. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

That is way cool, Would love to have that car.

[​IMG]

BHoover likes this.
  3. 65COMET

65COMET

Ken;you will need to get a HUGE building for all your Mercurys!!!! ROY.

4. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

5. Damn that WAS a wagon why not use a breezeway sedan? Well I guess a flat floor would be a good start though.

6. SOHC427

SOHC427

WOW, that black 64 looks mean. What a classy looking car, with some attitude!

Ken, that car would look real good in your collection, and I might just let you store it at my house!!! haha
    Eric

PS, if you bought it, you might as well buy the camper Merc, because I bet you will be living in it!

7. Turdburgler

Turdburgler
    from Cleveland

Anyone looking for one, I decided to put mine up for sale. Just dont have the room, and I cant let it sit outside.
    http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/2618471332.html

Price is obviously negotiable, just hit higher because its Craigslist, and we all know how they are.

8. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Cool Marauder at this years Moonshine Festival.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

I'm seeking a hubcap like that. Any leads will be greatly appreciated!!!

10. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

I scored original hubcaps on fleabay. Lovely.

Attached Files:

11. Kool66

Kool66
    from Dearborn

I don't remember this one on this thread.It came out of the "Vintage shots from day gone by" thread.#35203 12-11-2011.Pic says 427 Marauders.

[​IMG]

BHoover likes this.
  12. agtw31

agtw31

cool pic

those look like ohio tags

13. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Are those Radir or Maybe Fenton wheels ??? They look Great

14. Kool66

Kool66
    from Dearborn

Actually those are original Mickey Thompson Rader mags.This was a colabration between Mickey and Rader wheel company.They have a slight radius on the edge of the spokes,Fenton and some others were flatter.The newer Radir wheel is too flat and the newest Rocket wheel is closer but still a bit too flat.Original 60's M/T Raders in any condition are far and few between.These wheels were one of the first economical "Mag style"wheels in the day.I had a used set on my 63 XL notchback back in 66 with chrome reverse on the rear which was typical.

15. spiders web

spiders web

Nice Mercs. I love the 64 maurader

16. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

What a great looking Shot. Awesome That will get a project remotivated.

17. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Had the chance to go to Fords at Carlise this year. Got to meet Kirk Dillary and his 406 63 Marauder, Great guy Awesome car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BHoover likes this.
  18. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

There was Also this R Code Black 64 that showed up. Wish I had The Cash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BHoover likes this.
  19. RustNeverSleeps

RustNeverSleeps

Wow, that looks like a fun car to drive! I'd probably crash it. See below for dramatization.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  20. 067chevy

067chevy

Where did you get the 64 Fairlane ? I'll be working on a 61 Mercury Comet with a 1967 410 Marauder engine and C-6

21. bmax65

bmax65
    from usa

Mercuryjunky-

Thanks for this thread, and thanks to all the others who've contributed too.
    Was surprised to see a mention of Kirk Dillery and his 63, ages ago we had briefly talked to each other in an old Mercury club. Nice fella.

Wow- as a kid in the Seattle area, I used to see several big Mercs, some Marauders, some Park Lanes, they were so cool...a 64 Park Lane 2 door Marauder, in a beautiful metallic blue-green, used to rumble by. What a ride. Seen a 65 Meteor (full size Canadian car) ragtop over in West Seattle, a 66 Monterey 2 door hardtop in my old neighborhood, and in downtown Seattle, in the afternoons, a super clean 4 door hardtop 64 Marauder always drove by after school. In front of our old apartment, and old man with a 68 Park Lane 2 door fastback would park alot, and in north Seattle a fairly rare 67 Marquis 2 door fastback, 428, was for sale on a car lot for a very long time. Nobody wanted these cars way back, they were considered overweight gas hogs. Looking back, they were so straight and fairly cheap, wish I would have had the cash.

Thanks for digging up fond childhood memories with this. I'm hip-deep into a 65 Galaxie now....man you got me thinking about Mercs again, been collecting pics online. Man I'd love to own one someday. Could probably never afford a Marauder, but a decent 2 door hardtop- Monterey, Park Lane, Montclair....wouldn't matter. V8, 2 doors, dual exhausts, long sleek lines, drive it till I die.

Good luck with your Mercs, and thanks again for sharing.

22. chilly460

chilly460

Just found this thread, good read!

This is my first post, figure I'll update with some pics of my '63 Marauder project.

Background, car was purchased by my father around 2004, sight unseen. Long story short, car was checked out but wasn't quite as advertised. Z code automatic with power windows, ps, pb. I put a decent 390 in it that promptly killed the COM, then killed the rebuild due to a tight convertor taking out the pump (oops). Decided to convert to a 4spd, moved twice, juggled some other projects....long story short it's just now going back together. Greg Cook of Cook's Restorations did the body work and paint, I took it and did the chassis, but motivation fizzled along with another move, so Greg is finishing it up currently. Adding some pics now, more to come.

Looks OK, yeah?
    [​IMG]

Uh oh...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well, except for two bad rockers, quarters, right door, right fender, and couple badly patched holes in the c-pillar and roof...teardown in progress
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got a set of quarters from Big M, which is when Greg found out that sedan quarters are a bit deeper then hardtop...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
    BHoover likes this.
  23. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Good Job, Love the 63's. Race season is over. I Myself need to get back on my Marauder Project.

Did Find A website with a Photo History Of Mercury's 64 Nascar Driver Dave MacDonald. Awesome pics and Story

http://www.davemacdonald.net/

[​IMG]

24. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

25. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

26. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

27. mercuryjunky