Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Were the HELL is my.............

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He hasn't found his wife's hiding place yet. When the honey dews are done it will be sitting right there on the end of the bench.
    Went to the Portland Roadster show Yesterday and didn't see one of those ugly zits hanging on the front of any car there for a change.

My garage is a total disaster. Planned on cleaning it today but went and bought a box with wheels to drive to work and leave the 10mpg truck home in the driveway for a while. So Friday afternoon is reserved for garage clean out if the weather allows a bunch of stuff to be set outside for a few hours.

It could be that we need a look what I found when I cleaned out the garage thread.

2. SixFive

SixFive

Just pretend you're not looking for it.... "Now where is my tape measure? Oh look, my Moon tank!"

3. Vee 888

Vee 888
    from texas

Tools, I know the problem. I have glasses, spend two hours a day looking for them, only use them for close up work. I have spares but refuse to use them as I will only loose them to. I thought retirement was gunna be easy!

4. ironpile

ironpile

I`ve only lost a few tools,parts ,the rest of them just hide from me for a while.

5. what size tank and what mounts r u making here is what I did with my old spring mount tank a lot cheaper than Moon...... 32 bucks for 5 8in clamps
    [​IMG]

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Things are NOT going well, spent a full hour looking for the MOON tank, and lost my glasses in the process.:mad:

7. dadseh

dadseh

I swear my garage is possessed... 3 days ago I took a project apart on my bench and sorted out what I need to clean up,paint, etc. hung up 2 small clips somewhere on the bench backboard so I knew were they were for reassemble today... finished painting yesterday so I'm lookin for the clips...nowhere to be seen, opened a beer and spent 20 minutes examining every square inch of my bench backboard....NOTHING!!
    so I give up and go get some new clips.....today I finished the project, cleaned up the bench and put all my tools away,even swept up the bench!
    1/2 hour later I'm into a new project and got some files and screwdrivers on the bench...I look down and in the middle of the bench between 2 screwdrivers is those DAMN CLIPS from 3 days ago!!!....YIKES!!!!!!!!!!

8. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

lol, same here.. couldn't find a pen to save my life yesterday... found a "cute" santa pencil though... that was dull as could be.. sharpened it with my pocket knife... put the knife back in my pocket.... "what's that in there?!?".... a pen...... :(:mad:

9. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Its always where you put it. Is it on the rail ?

10. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I'm always losing the tool I need. It's very frustrating. I just start cleaning up until it shows up.

11. Buy a new one, it'll turn up immediately.

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

That just worked for the glasses, had to buy a new pair this morning, found the old ones about a half hour ago on the tank search. If the evil sprits that hid the tank knew I plan on buying a new one, but use the old original early MOON fittings maybe they will place the tank in sight for tomorrows search. :rolleyes:

13. chopperfugger

chopperfugger
    from austin

Never - Ever hide something on a whim so no one will use it.

14. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Was putting up a couple ceiling fans for a gal last Sunday with my brother and when we were finished I couldn't find my 20 oz hammer....Hmmm, I knew took it out of my tool belt and set it somewhere where I wouldn't forget it !
    Looked all through the gals house as we had worked in several different rooms and looked all through the work truck...no hammer. Oh well It'll turn up. That night, in bed, I remembered laying the hammer in one of the ceiling fan boxes that I later threw in the dumpster. At first light I was at the dumpster to get the hammer back, I really like that hammer! :D

15. I was gonna reply to this thread days ago but I couldn't find it.

Right now my digger is completely apart, waiting for a nice day to paint. The longer she's apart the more nervous I am about not finding all the pieces.

16. I thought I saw it in your swap meet stuff at Hershey last October!

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

MOON tank is still missing, but I have a box full of neat stuff I misplaced over the years. Current search plan is to look through all the stuff on shelves, organize things on then, move the shelf to the best spot to allow easy access to it and that area of the basement. I'm really supprised how little winds up in the trash can.

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Misplaced for a year and almost 4 months. I've walked past it every time I've been in the basement, just out of sight behind some boxes. Cleanup & reorganizing has officially stopped, back to work on the Lyndwood.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  19. firingorder1

firingorder1

I once put a mag in a nice, safe, easy to put your hand on it when you need it place. Took me three years to find it.

20. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Wow...this thread makes me feel REALLY good. I'm not the only brain-dead MF who lays stuff down, walks away, and can't find it to save my life. If I had every minute that I wasted looking for shit, I'd have every single project DONE.

But then, what would there be to look forward to?

Chris

21. ravedodger

ravedodger

Very nice, Kid! Almost a year and a half.

Today I couldn't my drill and it took me a good five mintes to find it. I always store it under the bench in its case with the other case tools, but there it was, right next to the roll away. Relieved, I pull it out so I can mix some joint compound because we're redoing the guest room. Miraculously, I found my paddle mixer for the drill right away. I go to put the paddle in the drill and of course, the last person I lent the drill to somehow stripped the chuck. I can turn the chuck either way forever, but the jaws won't move. I ended up hand mixing the joint compound (a whole bag) by hand. Yup, smart me bought the quick set stuff. I get eight feet of it on the ceiling and the rest inside the bucket and the piece of pvc I was using as a stir stick are rock solid in 20 minutes. Now I wish I hadn't found the drill at all. I just want to remember who the hell borrowed my drill and fucked it up! I was so mad I went out back and slammed two PBR's...and I rarely drink.

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice story Dave. Yesterdays failed MOON tank search did turn up my old drywall mixer, the old hand held potato masher style. Still has drywall mud on it, soaking in a bucket now. Bob

23. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Hahahaha, I've been there! Congrats on the find.

24. cograts Bob! hey keep your eye out for my virginity, i lost it 35 years ago and have not seen it since.

25. :eek:I was going to post here but forgot what I was going to post!

26. HAHAHAHA!!! That would be an interesting thread. I'll contribute when I get around to the next search-and-rescue mission.

27. You, my friend, have a garage gremlin. I know I have at least one. The little bastards are always hiding my parts and tools in places where I never would have put them myself. I tried trapping them, but they're too smart.